Article Behind the scenes in the Ibrox press box for the Royal Antwerp game

Thanks for posting Mark, great to see this insight.
I remember once hearing Mr McIlroy hadn't missed a match since 1968? is that still the case?

Thanks for that Mark - it's great to see the inside of Ibrox - I can't wait until we're all back there supporting the Scottish Champions

Can't wait to get back into that stand.

It's fair to say it needs a power wash and a lick of paint.

Thanks for posting Mark, great to see this insight.
I remember once hearing Mr McIlroy hadn't missed a match since 1968? is that still the case?
Until this season - he had not missed a first team competitive match since Sporting Lisbon away in the ECWC-winning season.

So glad I watched that, gave me another look at the seats my late father and I had from 1991.

Thanks for the insight Mark good to see what goes on behind the scenes and the level of the professionalism displayed by yourself and Mr Edgar.

Although I thought they might've opened up the food kiosk just for you alone !

Behind the scenes in the Ibrox press box for the Royal Antwerp game

A wee video with a slightly breathless me after vaulting up the stairs!

Starts out like a horror film but great stuff!

Don't want to be overly negative but those steps sure could use a coat of paint! Seems like things like that would be slowly taken care of since fans are verboten.

My dad use to report on ,pollok junior s\ Rangers reserve game s including team line ups for Sunday post and other papers as well rangers news in 70 s and 80 s but it was old press box but remember going with him up the old spiral staircase
he got his press pass of Cambell Ogavila (sorry about spelling)

My dad use to report on ,pollok junior s\ Rangers reserve game s including team line ups for Sunday post and other papers as well Rangers news in 70 s and 80 s but it was old press box but remember going with him up the old spiral staircase
I was in the old press box a few times in the mid 80s It was Alastair Hood who gave out the press passes in those days

Thanks, just seeing the inside of the Main Stand was delightful, haven't been in there for a very long time, that long ago I can't even remember when.

All those vaults over the vaulting horse for the display team in the BB finally paying off for you then Mark ?

Lucky your vantage point wasn't in the Club Deck then :))

Thanks for posting

“Vaulting” up the stairs?

If you say so chief... :rolleyes:

Not that I could do better. The missus just said “that sounds like you” :oops:

Hope that you had an inhaler with you Bigyin as you sounded cattled after climbing the stairs

Good to see DE has recovered from the press conference on Wednesday, I thought he might still be lying in the fetal position after Mr Gerrard gave him the death glare

My dad use to report on ,pollok junior s\ Rangers reserve game s including team line ups for Sunday post and other papers as well Rangers news in 70 s and 80 s but it was old press box but remember going with him up the old spiral staircase
Until the Club Deck was added the press box was actually in the roof of the Main Stand - until the early 60s this was a castellated structure but then they took the castellation away. After the Club Deck was built the press box was roughly where the "UEFA" temp one is but slightly to the left before they built on the press gantry in front of the stand.

Wee things like this are just what we need as a support. Keep up the goodwork that yourself and Mr Edgar do on matchday it’s these little insights that cheer us up.

Back