belgium 3-4-2-1 formation

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Are you mad??? He hasn’t kicked a ball since the 2-0 win over them he gives the ball away in dangerous positions often the honeymoon period is over now he was a bargain at 50k but he is no more than a squad filler and if he was a regular we can forget catching them as he simply isn’t good enough
Honeymoon period is over? Ok he is playing poorly atm, but his ability to drop the shoulder and turn a player arent the abilities of a "squad player". Not saying he should start every game, but halliday and docherty are squad players, not kamara.

tazzabear

Are you mad??? He hasn’t kicked a ball since the 2-0 win over them he gives the ball away in dangerous positions often the honeymoon period is over now he was a bargain at 50k but he is no more than a squad filler and if he was a regular we can forget catching them as he simply isn’t good enough
He’s going through a tough time just now but it’s just a dip in form at this stage.
There is no reason to believe he can’t get it back.

super_rangers

need more than 4 cb’s at the club to play 3 there, plus barisic and tav the only ones capable of playing wing back, would hate to see flanagan or polster try and play there, we’d be caught out all the time, and the fact we have so many midfielders and we’d be changing to 2 in the middle instead of 3 just weakening the midfield area

New Jersey Bear

Official Ticketer
I play this with my teams over here. I’m blessed with 3 rapid forwards also which gives you an excellent out ball if you keep them high up with field.

Starting Anew

ad really like to see us give this a bash at some point as we have the players to execute it. think it could be very useful in european away ties.

McGregor GK

helenader CB
goldson CB
katic CB

borna LWB
davis CM
jack CM
tav RWB

kent CAM
arfield CAM

morelos ST

a think this would work a treat in europe and even away domestically as well. weve also kamara and king can slot into CM role. aribo and ojo for CAM as well. gerrard did say he mite use the 3 at the back formation when signing helander
Problem with this (yet again...as it always is when this comes up every 2.7 days) is that you are essentially losing a midfielder to add a defender. Tav and Barisic already play an advanced role. Whether you call Tav a right back or a wing back, he’s still in the opposition half.

You then leave us with just 2 central midfielders which is the formation that failed under Caixina as it is too easy to crowd them out.

We also showed in the last match that Aribo works better from within midfield than as an inside forward. Kent and Arfield are good in the positions but that’s where we are playing them anyway. The only difference is that you’ve removed Aribo linking with them from midfield and have instead left a giant gap between them and the Jack/Davis partnership that we know will be pressed back as that was what has happened whenever we’ve played 2 defensive mids.

Really can’t say i’m too impressed.

I could see this formation working with Davis, Jack, Aribo and King being your midfielders. But then you’d be sacrificing Tav.

ICA_86

Ive not played football manager in ages but Tav and Barisic are defenders. You just Jade the “out and out defender” but for a little dramatic flourish I suppose.
You literally just complained about a back five with two wing backs as having too many defenders.

Not the brightest, are we?

Govan loyal

need more than 4 cb’s at the club to play 3 there, plus barisic and tav the only ones capable of playing wing back, would hate to see flanagan or polster try and play there, we’d be caught out all the time, and the fact we have so many midfielders and we’d be changing to 2 in the middle instead of 3 just weakening the midfield area
i would agree that if we played it all the time but like a said europe away and maybe some domestic games like piggery. its not a formation ad play all the time just a suggestion for tougher games were we will likely be under some pressure

Roger Daltrey

SG has flirted with 3 at the back briefly and I wouldnt be surprised if we revisited it at some point this season in some variation. I'm not sure how suited our CBS are, Goldson certainly isnt and Katic distribution is fine, not particularly special. We've come a long way in a short space of time and I think being a bit more tactically flexible would benefit us. One point re the belgians - Vertonghen's technique was phenomonal he's as good a footballer as anyone in the Scotland team, Scotland were trying to press high and their defenders were comfortable enough to play through us easily. Plus Scotland's number 9 was Matt Phillips, who is as crap as anyone I've seen play up front for Scotland and Iwelumo. Not sure about comparisons to us for going into games against top sides, Belgium played that way knowing they're well a million miles ahead of Scotland

gerrard32

oki doki

RFC4ME

International football is a joke though really isn't it - as is Martinez - a team seen as one of the best in the world and the caliber of manager they can attract is Martinez....be lucky if a last 16 CL team had him in there top 10 if they looked for a new manager.

A serious team, a real football team wouldn't be playing that. At international level it is predominantly a platform for failed domestic coaches, a lot of them who have failed badly