Benitez agrees to stay at Newcastle

I'm concerned about it as well. People say they cant afford him, who says money is his motivating factor? He earned 10m in one calendar year from a payout he got from real Madrid and from his first few months at Newcastle combined. Hes set for life, who knows what it is that he wants

Absolute radio silence at Newcastle after the supposed meeting last week. Reading the Newcastle fan forums many of them think hes almost certain to leave.

Hopefully he gets nailed down at Newcastle soon. Benitez at the filth would be a fucking nightmare
Have a bit of belief man, focus more on your own team it helps

Benitez's contract ends on 30/06/2019. Would Newcastle need to give the filth permission to talk to rafa before then?

One of the good things in all of this is that the Dhims have worked themselves into such a lather at the laughable notion of getting Benitez/Mourinho etc that, when Moyes - or even better Lemon - is announced they will be on a massive ‘downer’. Their new Manager will be up against it from the get-go.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that.

Money talks in football, simple as that and we know how desperate and deluded they are about this so called 'ten in a row' of theirs. If Desmond decides to really push the boat out then it is more than possible. He done it before with Rodgers, he could easily do it again.

Rodgers was an out of work manager who had won little in his career, him and his family also had an emotional attachment to Celtic.

Benitez is a Champions League winning manager earning 100 grand a week, he isn’t earning anywhere near that with Celtic, he isn’t taking a pay cut and he isn’t coming to Scotland.

I don't think salary will be his motivating factor - it'll be competitive aspects.

Lawwell has shown zero support or desire to any of his recent times managers the second they want to take the club beyond being whipping boys in Europe. Even Rodgers the Messiah got told to do one.

For all his wealth, DD doesn't just pump in huge sums of Sugar Daddy money to the club. He insists they're run at a sensible financial level, so the notion of him just stumping up tens of millions to give Benitez the kind of kitty he'd need to do anything of note at CL level is a non-starter.

He can continue to work with more budget in the most lucrative domestic league on the planet, take Newcastle into Europe and keep building them, no doubt looking at the likes of Spurs as inspiration, or he can be getting 7-0 pumpings off teams in Europe on a Wednesday and then dragging his team off to Hamilton to get kicked about a plastic pitch in the pissing rain on the Sunday.

There's a reason BR was happy to jump ship to a mid-table EPL side in the middle of the season without a moment's hesitation and it's illustrative of why a guy like Benitez (who want see salary as a primary motivator) won't come near.

Exactly. Celtic currently have an unsustainable wage bill without Champs League football, do we seriously think Desmond is all of a sudden going to increase that significantly by adding Benitez, his staff and an expensive rebuild with players deemed acceptable by him onto that?

They would need to spend more in 1 summer than they have in a decade to afford Benitez and the rebuild required.

It aint happening.

Exactly. Celtic currently have an unsustainable wage bill without Champs League football, do we seriously think Desmond is all of a sudden going to increase that significantly by adding Benitez, his staff and an expensive rebuild with players deemed acceptable by him onto that?

They would need to spend more in 1 summer than they have in a decade to afford Benitez and the rebuild required.

It aint happening.
Great point.

It aint happening.
It's a complete non-starter. If Ashley loses Benitez to the filth, a fcuking SPFL side, even the Geordies will riot.

Here’s how it goes - one or two chancers (probably connected to betting firms`) on Kerryfail post ‘insider info’, ‘Done deal’, ‘Rafa announced on Monday’ etc. Cue gullible, excitable, mhanks rushing off to the bookies to put a tenner on. Odds shorten. Excitement mounts. Bookies make money. Lawwell sells season tickets. Lennon or Moyes are duly announced.

Why would he be having talks with Newcastle about his transfer budget if he was being announced as the child molesters manager on Monday?
Dont ask stupid questions mate, a few tims say its happening so thats it :rolleyes:

I just googled Benitez and there isn't a single story connecting him with the tims other than Craig Burley saying he would be great for them, there are plenty reports of him targeting Mata though.

Last edited:
Absolutely hit the nail on the head
One of the good things in all of this is that the Dhims have worked themselves into such a lather at the laughable notion of getting Benitez/Mourinho etc that, when Moyes - or even better Lemon - is announced they will be on a massive ‘downer’. Their new Manager will be up against it from the get-go.

Dont ask stupid questions mate, a few tims say its happening so thats it :rolleyes:

I just googled Benitez and there isn't a single story connecting him with the tims other than Craig Burley saying he would be great for them, there are plenty reports of him targeting Mata though.
There was a story in the Newcastle Chronicle about him being linked to Marseilles, it then said "journalists in Glasgow appear to have linked him with the Celtic job on the back of bookies odds" haha

There was a story in the Newcastle Chronicle about him being linked to Marseilles, it then said "journalists in Glasgow appear to have linked him with the Celtic job on the back of bookies odds" haha
309rjm1.jpg

Its hilarious and i honestly can't wait for it to be Lennon or Moyes.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s the only one I don’t want them to get.

Hope to %^*& it’s Lennon or Moyes.

Thank God I never clicked on this thread till now, what a bunch of fucking drama queens frequent this site.

If I got that hysterical over who the Celtic manager may or may not be I’d give up football altogether, maniacs.

Even if he did come to Celtic, what could we do about it other than put a team on the park to face them?

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that.

Money talks in football, simple as that and we know how desperate and deluded they are about this so called 'ten in a row' of theirs. If Desmond decides to really push the boat out then it is more than possible. He done it before with Rodgers, he could easily do it again.

Rodgers is a mentally challenged though is he not? And he still buggered off and left them in the lurch.

They will end up with Lennon a Durham said the other day rafa was apparently going to sign on for another year at Newcastle for 300k a week.

Absolutely. Wetting themselves about Mourinho last week and the bold Ronnie Deila is now shorter odds than Mourinho on SkyBet. That's how ridiculous it is.

Their recent success has given them such a level of self entitlement it’s crazy. They actually had Mourinho and Rafa in that managers poll? Surely to goodness it wasn’t serious.

A lot depends on how reliable that ITK guy on Kerrydale is.

I will say though I’m not sure how they can say it’s being announced Monday because it seems talks with Newcastle are still ongoing.

But the guy is really putting himself out there.

Their recent success has given them such a level of self entitlement it’s crazy. They actually had Mourinho and Rafa in that managers poll? Surely to goodness it wasn’t serious.

Is it anymore ridiculous than some of our own support on here having full scale panic attacks about something that is never ever ever going to happen.

'ITK guy on Kerrydale' is akin to the guy sitting by himself at the back of the boozer by the puggy, in a puddle of his own urine, mumbling incoherently.

'ITK guy on Kerrydale' is akin to the guy sitting by himself at the back of the boozer by the puggy, in a puddle of his own urine, mumbling incoherently.

They’re all getting excited by his updates, he must have some kind of pedigree

Latest posts

Back