Best euro atmosphere

I was very young for Kiev so memory is a bit vague - main thing i remember is everyone whistling for full time from about 85 minutes onwards.

Leipzig was different - it had the noise too but also the sense of release and euphoria is incomparable to anything else because of everything that happened in the 10+ years before and that elevates it. The vast majority of football fans (i mean proper fans not plastics) - even those that see their team have great victories and win trophies will never be close to experiencing it on that sort of level to what we felt in the 20 minutes from the Lundstram goal then the celebrations after the final whistle.

Leipzig had it all imo.
The tension in the pre match build up.
The sombre silence for Jimmy Bell.
Ibrox roaring it's collective guts out for 90 minutes followed by a feeling of complete euphoria at full ive never experienced in my life

I honestly don’t think anything will ever come close, I’m 31 and that felt better than any win over Celtic for example and to celebrate with family then the bus home was just unreal I’m feeling emotional thinking about it
I have two sons in the US the same age group as yourself;
I had my grandson with me; bounced out of Ibrox phoning them and folk down in England `we`re going to Seville` as we walked down Brand Street.. into the Louden KP around 10.45; just the best feeling in years mate. WATP.

As a younger bear, can i ask what was it that made that game so special, was there any background to the game for example
They were one of the premier teams in Europe, two Ballon d’or players I think.

it was a confirmation that the Souness revolution was real.

we were back, had our swagger and we’re going places. It was one of the crucial staging posts on our way to ‘biggest club in Britain’.

Souness made us like Liverpool. The narrowing of the pitch.

THAT pass back.

and the ‘new’ Ibrox rocked like 1972. For the first time.

They were one of the premier teams in Europe, two Ballon d’or players I think.

it was a confirmation that the Souness revolution was real.

we were back, had our swagger and we’re going places. It was one of the crucial staging posts on our way to ‘biggest club in Britain’.

Souness made us like Liverpool. The narrowing of the pitch.

THAT pass back.

and the ‘new’ Ibrox rocked like 1972. For the first time.
Great post.

Think I was 11, but remember them beating Celtic, winning cup winners cup soon before and then having half the 86 USSR World Cup squad.
Blochin or Belanov were injured and it was massive
NOBODY gave us a chance, even at only 1-0 down from Kiev
I’m pretty sure Blokhin played mate

Great post of Kiev highlights but RB Leipzig was on a different level from ANY game I've been to at Ibrox including Marseille (last 10/15 mins), Leeds, Parma and any OF game too.

There was something in the air that night, it was magical, we were on our way to another European Final......the noise after Lundstram's goal was unreal, me and my bruv are in Main Stand rear and watched the top tier and tv gantry shoogle about. Sit next to each other and I couldn't hear what he was saying to me.

RB Leipzig is the new benchmark and it will take some beating - it was sensational. Please let's keep trying to beat it then...........

Doubt anything will ever beat that Leipzig game, even I burst into tears leaving the ground. Braga in the previous round gets overlooked a lot but that was one hell of an atmosphere aswell.

Was at the big ones mentioned in the thread, Kiev, Parma, Leeds, Man United the first time we played them was pretty special.

Leipzig tops the lot, it was utterly unreal, its not just the best game I’ve ever been to, it’s the best event including gigs, festivals the lot. Jimmy Bells passing made it the most super charged emotional night I think Ibrox has ever had, the crowd and the players were absolutely as one, when Lundstrams goal went in Ive never seen or felt anything like it through football, then the scenes at the end, absolutely amazing.

I swear I felt like I’d took an eccie for days after it B-)

Was at the big ones mentioned in the thread, Kiev, Parma, Leeds, Man United the first time we played them was pretty special.

Leipzig tops the lot, it was utterly unreal, its not just the best game I’ve ever been to, it’s the best event including gigs, festivals the lot. Jimmy Bells passing made it the most super charged emotional night I think Ibrox has ever had, the crowd and the players were absolutely as one, when Lundstrams goal went in Ive never seen or felt anything like it through football, then the scenes at the end, absolutely amazing.

I swear I felt like I’d took an eccie for days after it B-)
Blue sea of Ibrox against Manchester United was special

Leipzig is the benchmark. The 20 Mins after full time was absolutely incredible. Shared that moment with my dad and one of my best friends. We stood through all the shit and were there for Leipzig. It felt like THE moment. Hugging people I’d sat next to for nearly 15 years, knowing what we have all faced, sharing that embrace and moment. I remember hugging the guy along from me and telling him how much we deserved this moment. Everyone to a man, woman and child stood tall that night. It was something special that will never be replicated. I have it saved on the planner and will never remove it. Watching that post game celebration is amazing. It’s a moment I will take to the grave. Rangers FC - The Greatest there’s ever been.

We are the fucking people.

Still can’t get the image and noise out of my head from the beginning of the Leipzig game when the whole stadium was up and singing “Every Saturday we follow”.

The sound of the clapping before the singing was unbelievable. That will live with me forever.

Leipzig is the benchmark. The 20 Mins after full time was absolutely incredible. Shared that moment with my dad and one of my best friends. We stood through all the shit and were there for Leipzig. It felt like THE moment. Hugging people I’d sat next to for nearly 15 years, knowing what we have all faced, sharing that embrace and moment. I remember hugging the guy along from me and telling him how much we deserved this moment. Everyone to a man, woman and child stood tall that night. It was something special that will never be replicated. I have it saved on the planner and will never remove it. Watching that post game celebration is amazing. It’s a moment I will take to the grave. Rangers FC - The Greatest there’s ever been.

We are the fucking people.
And always will be.

Didnt think parma would be beaten but leipzig was amazing that nite will live with me till a die

I never thought Dynamo Kiev would be topped.

It was. The Leipzig game set a new high bar that I don’t now expect to see beaten before I peg it :))

Leipzig hands down for me in the games I've been at which include Parma, Leeds, Marseille and basically any Euro game from 1990. For me Braga in the 1/4 is now in second place as well.
Reading down the thread I couldn’t believe the Marseille game wasn’t mentioned until now, Leipzig hands down for me. I was too young for Kiev game. Top 10 but there will be more I can’t remember.

1. Leipzig
2. Parma
3. Marseille
4. Leeds
5. Dortmund (this season)
6. Inter Milan (1-1)
7. Villarreal (2-2)
8. Strum Graz
9. Club Bruges
10. Braga (3-2)

I missed Braga and Red Star as was offshore but by all accounts both were up there.

After the Leipzig game I’ve never experienced a feeling like it afterwards in the days until the final!

Last edited:
The adrenaline buzz after Leipzig 2nd leg will take some beating ,in the car on the 77 down the road ,heaven is a place on earth played full bung by with myself and my two daughters is a special special memory :cool:

In my lifetime

1 Leipzig 2022
2 Kiev 1987
3 Bayern 1972
4 Parma 1999
5 Juventus 1978
Some games listed there. I’d imagine my old man’s might be same top 5. Was lucky being born 91 to have been at Leipzig & Parma. Stuttgart in 07 CL group stages was a good one for my age bracket also

Braga was brillant in Q/F but then Leipzig blew it away the 20 mins after the final whistle was the best 20 mins of my life, my 1st game at Ibrox was 1985 but that game tops the lot was incredible an absolute rollercoaster of emotions for 90mins topped off by the celebrations at end.
It’s wild mate I said to boys on the bus younger when they asked about 07/08 run, it blew it out the water I think a lot to do with it is the way we play now right enough. You feel confident like we will outscore anyone

Leipzig for me. Watched the video in the OP the other night , to experience that with my old man stood next to me was somthing I will take to my grave with me.

Can't disagree with Leipzig. An emotional powderkeg.

Could tell it was something special before kick off, the reception for the Jimmy Bell tribute was really moving.

I think I spent most of the second half watching the clock, I can remember very little of the game from 45 mins until Nkunku's goal.

The noise at all three goals and then the FT whistle was unbelievable. Not sure I even celebrated fully at FT, I had my hands on my head in sheer disbelief.

It’s wild mate I said to boys on the bus younger when they asked about 07/08 run, it blew it out the water I think a lot to do with it is the way we play now right enough. You feel confident like we will outscore anyone
That euro run felt like a drag to me. 4 home games and only 2 goals scored. Last year we scored 11.

Leipzig by a country mile.

I went into the ground after seeing the teams panicking where the goals would come from. The noise when Tav scored just made me feel everything would be ok. We buried my granda earlier in the year and he use to take me to the European games when I was younger. Kept looking over to where he sat thinking how much he would of loved it.

When Kamara scored it was surreal. I’ve seen wild goal celebrations at Ibrox for years but nothing like that.

Full time was just incredible grown men with tears down there face, kids going absolutely mental, randoms hugging randoms. Would live that night over and over again for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Bit off topic but the biggest roar ever had to be when Gough equalised against the tims when we were down to 9 men, last minute
Before I was born that but one of the most watched on YouTube after a few beers lol sounded incredible

I wasn’t even at Leipzig. I watched it in the house.
My house was super charged from the atmosphere.
No doubt in my mind it’s the greatest atmosphere and occasion Ibrox has ever witnessed.
Devastated I couldn’t be there, but so happy for those that I know that were there with dads and children, and that they’ll take that to the grave with them.
Hope I can have a day like that myself one day!
The answer is Leipzig, until we can do something like that again.

Back