Best goal you've seen live

Certainly gets the juices going reading through all the replies.

Despite loving Kemar's, Joe v Braga, Whittaker v Sporting, Ally BOB/Leeds,
Coop/Dryburgh, Kontermann, Pedro, wee barrie 2016, the Gazza Sheep Show -
Bergkamp v Argies 1998 - for me it's:

Gazza v Braveheart/Goram Euro 96.

(I was on a course with England supporters and struck dumb when it went in!)

Id probably go for Ian Redford in the dying minutes of the League Cup final 1981.
Despite seeing lots of cracking goals I can still see this one as if it was yesterday.

Got to be Coops in Drybourugh cup v filth
Honourable mentions for his free kick v Aberdeen in LCF
Mendes v the filth at the piggery
DJ and his header v i think Wales
And for pure guffaws the greatest Ranger v the filth Jan 78

Orjan Persson a bicycle kick, i think against Hearts, my memory lapses are coming to the fore thees day's, unforgettable goal though. WATP
That’s the one for me.
Scottish cup QF in March 1968
It ended 1-1 and we lost 0-1 in the replay at Tynecastle.
An unforgettable goal indeed.

Was in the EE with a view very similar to the cameraman and to this day still, the only Rangers goal I didn't celebrate instantaneously as disbelief at McCoist murdering it with his left and dip left me feeling as if I delayed celebrating for seconds when it was fractional.

Time paused briefly, only at the above goal, no other.

I think Albertz v Celtic at Ibrox with the free kick.

I was almost in line with the Celtic keeper in the West Enclosure. He lined the wall up and gave them the thumbs up to say all was good. 2 seconds later he was picking it out. I don’t think Albertz even put any swerve on it.

First goal to come to mind is Kanchelskis volley at East End Park. I was bang in line with him. Technique incredible and side netting always looks good.

Was at the Standard Liege game during covid when Roofe scored that wonder strike from his own half. Incredible!

Brian Laudrup against the sheep, a wee lob from almost the touchline.

Sublime goal.

Or else Kaka for AC Milan in the Beckham friendly at Ibrox where the whole stadium stood and applauded.
Funnily enough Laudrups was the one that came into my mind straight away and not many people will remember it.

Aribos v Braga was another very underrated goal.

Laudrup against Aberdeen at Ibrox, 9IAR season. Took it past two then took it round the goalie.

Never been to any other game apart from a gers game so probz lovenkrands equaliser against villa real at Ibrox or Paolo vanoli 1st goal for us against Dundee at Ibrox

Marco negri vs Dundee United, I was in the broomy back then as a teenager & couldn't believe how good he was.

Konterman's against them at Hampden.

I was behind the goal and assumed it had taken a deflection because of the movement on it. Wasn't until I was home and re-watched it that I realised.
I must have been standing beside you. Exactly the view I had. Best Rangers' goal I've ever seen live by quite a considerable distance.

I'll never forget Kai Johansen's goal. It was the first time I saw us beat them. To this day every goal that beats them does for me. Looking forward to the next ones.

Rangers one is tough as several could be best for different reasons. So many to choose from depending on what constitutes a great goal.

Gazza Euro 96 against Scotland. I was there and witnessed probably one of the best goals you’ll ever see. Although I was there supporting Scotland and it made it worse because Goram was in goals , it was an unbelievable piece of skill to witness.

Back