Best Rangers Goal Against Aberdeen

BlueBuzz

I’m sure Ted McMinn had a great solo effort up there many moons ago. Thought at the time was one of the best I’d ever seen. Maybe was a dream, but memory no as good as it once was .

Cooper in the Skol Cup Final but McCoist scored a couple of crackers at Pittodrie at the end of the 92/93 season
Yep, Super coming off the bench at Pittodrie and scoring 2 howitzers late on in the game. Got it in my head that Salenko was playing too though as I remember his bizarre pre-game stretches so it can’t be 92/93 - doing my nut in finding the stats online!

Cooper in the Skol Cup Final but McCoist scored a couple of crackers at Pittodrie at the end of the 92/93 season
Yep, Super coming off the bench at Pittodrie and scoring 2 howitzers late on in the game. Got it in my head that Salenko was playing too though as I remember his bizarre pre-game stretches so it can’t be 92/93 - doing my nut in finding the stats online!

Broxi12

Remember a game at Pittodrie early 90's. (2nd May 1992 according to Wikipedia) Last game of season, I'm sure McCoist scored two crackers that day. Can't find video of it.
Always remember it as it was my first time at Pittodrie. Away fans were in the Beach end terracing, was bedlam

Last edited:

simply_the_best

It seems like every goal we've scored v them in my lifetime has been mentioned, in fairness a lot of them are belters, My favourite is Hateley's header in the title decider.

dh1963

It wasn't better than some mentioned, but I loved the goal Souness scored in his first game against them. Beat them 2-0, Sir Alex left Aberdeen not long after.

Amstel

Big Dado's flick in the pishing rain followed by the knee slide.

Not the best but love the celebration!
I was in the corner in the section with no roof. We turned a corner that day and went on to win the league. Barry scored a cracking goal that day too

two2tango

Official Ticketer
Souness goal at Ibrox in on both posts

they goal was a changing of the guard Aberdeen were an excellent side thrn

Grimsdale

A 5 - 1 win at the sheep with Amato scoring a good goal and JJ scoring a hattrick. Think his third with the outside of his foot. Lovely goal. Cooper my favourite though..cup final free kick.

Gio 8

Amoruso’s left foot silencer. Peach of a goal and also shut those cunts up that night after all the fan trouble.

Bristol_bnose3

Gazza's first in the 8iar game. Came at exactly the right time in the game and was a joy to watch (I had the perfect vantage point in what is now Main Stand F N). Lit the blue touch paper on a fantastic day.

jigster

Official Ticketer
Ted McMinn , last game of the season just as Souness had been announced and possibly Walter Smith was in the dug-out , he picked the ball up around about the dug-outs inside his own half going towards the " beach end " think he beat 4-5 aberdeen players then rifled it into the top corner from the edge of the box

don't think there is a video anywhere of this sadly

Craigie

It wasn't better than some mentioned, but I loved the goal Souness scored in his first game against them. Beat them 2-0, Sir Alex left Aberdeen not long after.
The that hit the post and Bandy claimed didn't cross the line.

Around the minute mark here.

Last edited:

bluebells272

Official Ticketer
Hateley's 2nd in a 3-2 midweek victory up there...move started on our byline and ended with him out sprinting their defence (despite giving them a 10yards start) and rifling into the net. His first was also a belter, as was Ally's in the 2nd half
My first ever game up there. What a night and three cracking goals to boot.

adastra

So many good shouts already and so difficult to choose one. I will add one of my favourites, big DJ in the 1980 Cup Semi Final at the Piggery.