Best Rangers Pub

I loved the Ibrox House in Utrecht. Good looking boozer, well adourned with flags and memorabilia in the right place, right time with brilliant atmosphere. The time and the place during the Rangers Dutch period plus the volume of Scottish lads working over there at the time just hit home. Almost impossible to replicate.

The clientele is important for me. If I am in a pub where there are complete rockets acting up (and getting away with it) I'm out of there. Standards, including beer, cleanliness, decor, music are important. Fit barmaids are a bonus as well as friendly efficient service :cool: Not too busy.

Things on the wall that catch your attention can help.

Isle of Skye bears help please. I remember going into a tiny Rangers bar right on the harbour on Portree when I visited the island in the 90s. I would expect it’s gone now. I remember the owner had one of the walls of the pub painted cartoon style of a Skye Harbour scene. The wall had a big Rangers fish swallowing a Celtic fish. Great wee place and we got a lock in that night. Anyone from
Skye know the history of this pub ?

Memories of Partick. We had it right back then and will always be where my benchmark is when I think of great times in a rangers pub. Well before new owners came in for a bit to try and make it something it wasn't.

Yes I remember Memories great wee pub and right out the way in Partick. I like the Windsor along Dumbarton Road.

Isle of Skye bears help please. I remember going into a tiny Rangers bar right on the harbour on Portree when I visited the island in the 90s. I would expect it’s gone now. I remember the owner had one of the walls of the pub painted cartoon style of a Skye Harbour scene. The wall had a big Rangers fish swallowing a Celtic fish. Great wee place and we got a lock in that night. Anyone from
Skye know the history of this pub ?

Bar of the Pier Hotel, great place.

The Bristol for me as well.

The Ibrox Bar in Marmaris was also great, although it was Euro 2008 I was there for, not Rangers games.

The one where the guy on here built one in his back garden. Even has the lines that are on the stands at Ibrox. Fantastic place.

I loved the Ibrox House in Utrecht. Good looking boozer, well adourned with flags and memorabilia in the right place, right time with brilliant atmosphere. The time and the place during the Rangers Dutch period plus the volume of Scottish lads working over there at the time just hit home. Almost impossible to replicate.
Was in there for the 2000 Scottish cup final, 4 0 v the sheep and also for the game they beat us 6 2. We were late getting there, in the taxi on the way there the driver had the radio on and the Dutch station said it was 2 0 already to them, I was hoping I'd misunderstood.

Always enjoy the Ibrox bar in marmaris.
Can’t remember the name of the boozer in London that the RSC used. I’m think it was near Tottenham Court Road.

Grapes gives a personal touch to it's regulars , good atmosphere when a games on and great all round pub any other times.
If you've spent your money in Grapes all day and are a wee bit worse for wear the staff go that extra mile to try to make sure you're getting to your destination safely .
It's personal attention to the regular individuals that makes it a great boozer for me and my family.

Just for the record and its most likely because its just outside of Glasgow.
Blantyre has a real Rangers pub in the Stonefield Tavern better known as Teddies,i dont know why its called that right enough but its a great wee boozer with a great bunch of locals who made us very welcome,also big Stan the owner is a 100 percenter.

The Grapes for me.

I'm a non drinker, but the rest of our crew more than make up for me.

I'm told you get a right good pint, the staff are very friendly, right on the ball and it's a well run pub, with never a hint of trouble.

Plenty of right good bears to have a blether with and with Tamby on a Saturday night and Sandy's karaoke on a Sunday you get a right good laugh too.

Made a lot of good friends in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back