Best Scottish referee at the moment?

Is there such a thing? The standard of refereeing in this country seems to have taken a massive nosedive since Hugh Dallas was sacked. It was warned at that time that the standard of refereeing would drop.
Theyre tears are our glory.
Loved that tap in. Knew it was coming. It's great. Watched it a hunner times listening to sweet Caroline!

I'm more leaning towards the idea that they are all just incompetent.
If I was the SFA I would be embarrassed to send any of them out to referee a world cup/euro 2020 match.
Clancy is a cheat but I’d probably agree that the rest are incompetent.

I believe they are that bad I'll take Rowbotham back and anyone mind that fat as feck lino in the old 4th Division?

Best of a bad bunch Scottish referee? maybe Madden. Collum hasnt been too bad this season, so far.

Who is it on Heart & Hand that is a ref? It must be him because if the ones we see are the best the sfa can do, that is brutal.

I'm more leaning towards the idea that they are all just incompetent.
If I was the SFA I would be embarrassed to send any of them out to referee a world cup/euro 2020 match.
9TgoLzb.gif

Correct !

Madden and Collum.
They all feck up, but they're only human and unlike us watching it on the telly they don't have the benefit of replays. I'm not trying to justify Beaton getting it wrong tonight, I've never refereed even a kids' game so I'm not coming at this from being one of them, but when you see the mess that VAR has become in England, or for those watching the rugby at the weekend the same, the guy in the middle is on a hiding to nothing. We've always had cause to complain about them, older bears will remember Bob Valentine and Brian McGinley, the current lot try their best, they may not have a Collina in their ranks but I don't think they're any worse than those down south.
But, then there's Clancy, and he's just corrupt.

Bobby Madden by a mile. He’s actually a pretty good ref in my opinion, but like any human being, he makes mistakes from time to time. Overall though, he’s a good ref.

I think Walsh is capable but needs to mature a bit more.

Collum is a hit or a miss.

Other than that, all shite in my opinion.

Madden, McLean & Collumn annoy me a bit less that the others. It goes from there through various levels of incompetence until you arrive at the worst of them all, Clancy.

Madden and Collum.
They all feck up, but they're only human and unlike us watching it on the telly they don't have the benefit of replays. I'm not trying to justify Beaton getting it wrong tonight, I've never refereed even a kids' game so I'm not coming at this from being one of them, but when you see the mess that VAR has become in England, or for those watching the rugby at the weekend the same, the guy in the middle is on a hiding to nothing. We've always had cause to complain about them, older bears will remember Bob Valentine and Brian McGinley, the current lot try their best, they may not have a Collina in their ranks but I don't think they're any worse than those down south.
But, then there's Clancy, and he's just corrupt.
Great post.
Collum and Madden are a level above the rest I would say. Sure they make mistakes but everyone does in all walks of life and refereeing a game of football isn’t easy.

I think Nick Walsh has improved greatly this season and is on a par with Beaton now, who despite his horror show last night, is still one of the better ref’s.

I’m not sure how good a view Beaton had of the penalty incident and was looking to his assistant for help and he should’ve been able to see it from his position, so that was really down to the AR. What Beaton got so badly wrong was his attitude and behaviour towards our manager. Downright arrogant and wouldn’t even look at him when showing him the first yellow then waited for his back to be turned before showing the next one and the red - terrible officiating

Is there such a thing? The standard of refereeing in this country seems to have taken a massive nosedive since Hugh Dallas was sacked. It was warned at that time that the standard of refereeing would drop.

Collum is probably the best of a very bad bunch. Which is in no way to be taken as praise.

Back