Beware St Johnstone on Wednesday Rangers!

They’ve had a decent week , just watched them on sportscene , I know I know , we can still enjoy this weekend , but I don’t want Stephen Gerrards 100th Rangers victory spoiled by any complacency .

Monday morning, get your overalls back on .
"Stephen" (TIC) as you say won't have any worries about complacency when he gets his 100th victory Vs st johnstone. It will be a victory and that's what matters. Complacency in a victory has surely never been heard of or cared about? A victory is a victory who cares?

They’ve had a decent week , just watched them on sportscene , I know I know , we can still enjoy this weekend , but I don’t want Stephen Gerrards 100th Rangers victory spoiled by any complacency .

Double post

Last edited:

Have a look at the post with an article from the Daily mail. There will be no complacency. We might drop points from now til the end of the season but it won't be through complacency.

Conspiracy theorists will say we’ve gave them Glenn Middleton on loan and a couple of bags of coffee in exchange for 3 points.

I'm sure this is a fans forum not the players WhatsApp group. The players will be just fine in preparation and motivation.
I'm going to revel in our superiority with blatant arrogance and entitled complacency with my socks rolled down and a smile on my face going into the game Wednesday.
Not superstitious, league is done, it's when and not if, sooner the better, girfu all of our haters loyal B-D

Sort this out @Tailwind - beware of teams at Ibrox now :rolleyes:
This will be the same St Johnstone we beat 3-0 on their own patch just over a month ago?
The same St Johnstone we beat 3-0 at the startup of the season.
6-0 on aggregate so far this season.

First reply nailed it to be fair.

We will win easy, and if we dont (somehow) league is won already.

To be fair these threads are a bit different now. 90%+ of people commenting know now we are the team to be feared by our opposition, not the other way round.

I genuinely think it will be 3 or 4-0. The pressure us off and we will be able to get back to enjoying football again. We have done the hard part.

Gerrard will be ensuring the players don't drop their standards. Competition for places is getting stronger with Jack and Roofe back. Defoe didn't even make the 9 man bench last week and will be bursting for some game time.

Other threads telling us if we don’t believe the league is done then you’re a panty wetter.

Now we need to be shitting ourselves about playing St Johnstone.

Hopefully we never need to play Cove Rangers, some folk will be joining the tramps at Erskine bridge.

Isn’t FF great. :)

Other threads telling us if we don’t believe the league is done then you’re a panty wetter.

Now we need to be shitting ourselves about playing St Johnstone.

Hopefully we never need to play Cove Rangers, some folk will be joining the tramps at Erskine bridge.

Isn’t FF great. :)
I’m looking forward to the “beware Cove Rangers” thread that is surely coming. I reckon the mental gymnastics on why that is a game to be worried about will be something else. Should be highly impressive.

They were 2-0 down to a Shit Kilmarnock, they are not scoring 3 against us.

I’ll go for a straight forward 3-0 win and one more step towards 55

Beware Rangers on Wednesday St Johnstone!

Good post, stay focused, it's not over yet. We dont want a Devon Loch moment.

I don’t think the management or players will be complacent , I’m on about a small section of our support , it’s understandable to get carried away , after the prolonged shitstorm we’ve been through , but in recent examples , complacency can lead to songs , banners , flags , even tattoos that we can only imagine, how stupid you’d be feeling these past 4 or 5 months .

I’ve enjoyed their demise along with everyone else , I can’t wait for the lap of honour , we’ve just to finish the race first .

"Stephen" (TIC) as you say won't have any worries about complacency when he gets his 100th victory Vs st johnstone. It will be a victory and that's what matters. Complacency in a victory has surely never been heard of or cared about? A victory is a victory who cares?
Sorry mate I’ve worded my orig post badly , as I’ve tried to point out back in the thread , I want the 100th win on Wednesday , not at a later date .

Even though it was early on in the season they have been one of the better organised teams I've seen play at Ibrox this season.

I don’t think the management or players will be complacent , I’m on about a small section of our support , it’s understandable to get carried away , after the prolonged shitstorm we’ve been through , but in recent examples , complacency can lead to songs , banners , flags , even tattoos that we can only imagine, how stupid you’d be feeling these past 4 or 5 months .

I’ve enjoyed their demise along with everyone else , I can’t wait for the lap of honour , we’ve just to finish the race first .

So if you don't think the players or management are being complacent, why do you worry about St Johnstone, because some fans online are celebrating like the titles won?

I cant see anything other than a win. The title is in sight now and i fully expect the players to win the next 5 plus games to ensure it.

Have some faith in the players. They will want this too.

So if you don't think the players or management are being complacent, why do you worry about St Johnstone, because some fans online are celebrating like the titles won?
I never said I was worried mate , if it came across like I was , then I’d say the only team that can stop us winning on Wednesday is stjohnstone , so I have to pay some respect to that , same as any opponents in any game .

I’m enjoying the hilarity , on radio Clyde , at work , on all the Rangers podcasts , especially on here , but on Wednesday it’s back to work .

Since Christmas we have beat Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, a much improved StMirren and blew Ross County away, with only a blip against Motherwell. St Johnstone are going the same way. :p

Roofe is back and will be hungry to score.

We may not have Morelos, and if Hagi isn't given a start (although no reason not to), we could have Kent, Defoe, Roofe or Kent, Itten, Roofe up front.

That's excites me.
So have we accepted the fast-track ban for Alfie? I was still hoping we would appeal it. When is/was the deadine for an appeal?

I'm all for cautioning about complacency...but yesterday was only their 2nd win since November.

Is there really much to worry about because they beat Kilmarnock?

It will be tougher than Sunday, which I expect to be a breeze tbh, for sure...but I don't envisage slipping up

Depends how many men they put behind the ball, some of these games at Ibrox can be a pain trying to break them down. The key is always when we get that first goal and a second almost seals it.

I'm sure that Gerrard won't allow any complacency to creep in. He's too professional for that and I believe that he tries to instill that same professional attitude in his players. :D

W.A.T.P.

Back