Bisgrove and Bennett

IanGers

Our young ambitious new CEO will be watching things a little bit more closely after today.
Him and John Bennett obviously have a clear, ambitious plan for our Club.... Michael Beale better start to showing that he has a clear plan on the park and that he can execute it.

He’s not getting sacked any time soon, he’ll get to Christmas at least. If we are more than 9 points behind at that point he might get the sack.

He’s not sacked any time soon but he’s got a really tricky month ahead starting on Wednesday.

Performances have to improve and points need to go on the board. Failure to get past modest opposition like Servette would be a huge blow. There’s also an Old Firm at the start of September.

Things need to pick up and pronto.

He’s not getting sacked any time soon, he’ll get to Christmas at least. If we are more than 9 points behind at that point he might get the sack.
Gio didn't get to Christmas on the back of a run to a European final, CL qualification and a Scottish cup win. Nor did he get the same backing in the transfer market. If there isn't rapid improvement, I don't think Bennett / Bisgrove are likely to stand on ceremony. I said when MB was appointed I really hoped he'd prove me wrong. I still do. But we're 9 months down the line and I'm still not seeing any evidence. Big week coming up for him and the club.

Last edited:
Theyve heavily backed beale. 9 new signings.

Its all on beale if it goes tits up imo
It depends on how involved they were in appointing Beale. Bis was still in the commercial department at that point so would be shocked if he had any say but Bennet might have. In which case Beale failing is partly on him, IF he played a part in appointing him.

They really need to rethink the zero net spend strategy if Kamara and Sakala go.

No one's asking them to go crazy or anything but money needs to be spent on a minimum of two more players this window or it's going to cost the club far more in lost revenue.
I kind of agree with 2 more signings but they need to be proven winners.

I saw that it was one game into the season with a whole new team to bed in. Souness lost his first two league games, did you want him sacked as well?
Are you comparing this to the Souness era? That Kilmarnock team would be in the third tier of Scottish football FFS. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were strong European sides and the general standard was miles above the crap we see today from the dross that makes up the league.

Also: every manager since McLeish bar Walter and Gerrard have gotten to a point of no return, when they simply have lost the faith of the support and the players. That hasn’t happened yet but Beale needs to realise his window for keeping this show on the road is not big.

Are you comparing this to the Souness era? That Kilmarnock team would be in the third tier of Scottish football FFS. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were strong European sides and the general standard was miles above the crap we see today from the dross that makes up the league.
1 game into the season. Come back to me at Christmas time and see where we are then. People saying the team are shitebags but some of our so called supporters are far, far worse

They're not sacking him any time soon.
We heard this with Gio but holding on to him for too long wasted an entire season. Beale isn’t there yet but the early signs are not good to say the least with CL qualifiers and teams smelling blood in the league to come.

Can see beating that lot on 3rd September being close to make or break.

Cantwell has been poor in positions tge manager has asked him to play this season.

Cantwell not starting today leads me to believe that there is an issue there?

Controversially I think he was right to leave him on bench,

He’s not sacked any time soon but he’s got a really tricky month ahead starting on Wednesday.

Performances have to improve and points need to go on the board. Failure to get past modest opposition like Servette would be a huge blow. There’s also an Old Firm at the start of September.

Things need to pick up and pronto.
Tbf, I doubt servette are running scared of us and neither they should. We've got a load of players for 15 mill, but that's a drop in the ocean in football terms these days.

For a club like us and many others, we're only in the cl for money, nothing else. That's the sad state of football these days. Even a club with the history of Ajax is not in the running these days.

Both old firm teams showed their worth in the cl last season. Make up the numbers and here's a bit of money. Thankyou and goodbye.

Back