Bisgrove and Bennett

We aren't seriously calling for the manager to be sacked are we just yet ffs?

It's one game in with wholesale changes to the playing squad.
Have a little bit of patience.

Did you watch the game today mate

Incidentally Kilmarnock had wholesale changes too

There was nothing, 0, absolutely nothing, to offer any form of hope or optimism

That was a clear rank and file bottom 6 team completely outfoxing us

It was appalling

I agree. I do feel that in James Bisgrove there will be a ruthlessness if required.

Agree. Easy narrative for the new CEO and chairman to fire Beale given the old regime appointed him. Provides an “out” if it comes to it.

Lose to Celtic and he’ll always been one game away from the sack.

Agree. Easy narrative for the new CEO and chairman to fire Beale given the old regime appointed him. Provides an “out” if it comes to it.

Lose to Celtic and he’ll always been one game away from the sack.

Need to heed the mistakes of keeping GVB too long. If Beale loses to Celtic sack him. No point waiting for it to go 9 and writing off the season.

It has been ONE competitive game. Disappointing yes but let’s not overreact. If these performances continue yes we will question Beale, but far too often Rangers fans get too emotional after one result. I bet the same people were singing Beale’s praises after the last meaningless old firm victory.
Kilmarnock are total dross managed by Derek McInnes FFS. Following on from the most underwhelming pre-season in recent years and a team clearly clueless in what they are trying to do, we are in serious danger of yet another season over before it has started and we are all totally sick of that shit.

Anyone using a meaningless win over them after we’d lost the league belongs in the same asylum as those who pull out stats that don’t take into account them downing tools after wrapping the league up,

I’m genuinely surprised at some of the over enthusiasm Bisgrove and Bennett.

I think they deserve a chance to prove themselves, however, we need to be conscious that they were key members of a board that was under performing.

It was appalling
It was rotten mate, I completely agree
We should 100% be skelping them.
I'll just reserve my judgement untill I don't see a plan or an improvement.
I know they had a lot of changes as well but they have played a few League cup games that are probably a bit more competitive than friendlies at well

The support won’t be standing for another season being written off early doors. The fans and board have shelled out too much money for that to happen again.

Lose to Celtic and Bisgrove has a decision to make on the manager.

I know they had a lot of changes as well but they have played a few League cup games that are probably a bit more competitive than friendlies at well

We’ll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Even if people don’t feel Beale is the man, and I’m one of them….that change won’t happen till the season is already gone in the autumn.

So I guess we dust ourselves down and get ready for Wednesday

We aren't seriously calling for the manager to be sacked are we just yet ffs?

It's one game in with wholesale changes to the playing squad.
Have a little bit of patience.
Calls for the Manager to be sacked are nonsensical at this stage.

However he is in the position that he has been heavily backed by the club and has to start delivering. Failure to negotiate the CL qualifiers will only put him under more pressure, albeit slightly unfairly.

More concerning is the possibility that we drop 6 points behind the rattlers after the Ibrox game. Then he will really start to be under pressure.

However he is in the position that he has been heavily backed by the club and has to start delivering. Failure to negotiate the CL qualifiers will only put him under more pressure, albeit slightly unfairly.

More concerning is the possibility that we drop 6 points behind the rattlers after the Ibrox game. Then he will really start to be under pressure.
We'll either be level with them or remain 3 points imo.
Trust me mate I'm known to be a negative bassa and a doom monger most of the time but despite not knowing why as it's not like me, I'm just prepared to give the team a chance to understand the way each other plays, when to run into a space, when to let someone else run into that space etc
There were things that I didn't like today, slow to press, lack of width, like for like substitutions just to name a few
But we've got folk already claiming Dessers is a donkey FFS

Let's see where we are in a few weeks, the other lot lost at Tynecastle and had a few other shockers after that when the gravy drinker arrived
Look where they are domestically now.

Time is required

It has been ONE competitive game. Disappointing yes but let’s not overreact. If these performances continue yes we will question Beale, but far too often Rangers fans get too emotional after one result. I bet the same people were singing Beale’s praises after the last meaningless old firm victory.
I must have been imagining those cup defeats last season

It was appalling
You have summed it up perfectly well mate in that Kilmarnock looked a far better team (and much hungrier) than we did today despite the fact that they had 8 new signings in their starting eleven. So, our new signings ‘needing bedding in’ is utter bullshit.

Our supporters look for excuses but the fact is we need to look closer to home where the problem lies. When Beale took over we needed a centre half in his first transfer window but now in his second transfer window we need much more…..and still no aggressive centre half to be seen.

No one can see what Beale is trying to achieve with the new signings.

There doesn't seem to be a clear tactic or game plan. All players signed seem to be the same player. The brightest talent we had last year was dumped on the bench.

The team looked utterly rudderless and it was only the 1st game of the season. How does that happen?

It's nuts but Beales jacket is or should be on a shooglie peg. That's how pathetic& how badly set up we were.

I was expecting slick fast moving football at the start of his signing spree. Constant pressure on the opposition defence and midfield. My expectation has fallen dramatically during preseason *whatever that was* and now I'm here
where-looking.gif
really not knowing what we are remotely trying to do.

They have played Annan, Raith rovers, Albion rovers and Dunfermline, we have played Newcastle, Olympiacos, Hoffenheim and Hamburg

He’s been here 10 months so the honeymoon and patience afforded to him losing to Celtic last year is over.

Today was terrible, it’s alarming. Beale knew what he was signing up for. If he loses to them in a few weeks he’s won’t be Rangers manager for much longer.

Gio didn't get to Christmas on the back of a run to a European final and a Scottish cup win. Nor did he get the same backing in the transfer market. If there isn't rapid improvement, I don't think Bennett / Bisgrove are likely to stand on ceremony. I said when MB was appointed I really hoped he'd prove me wrong. I still do. But we're 9 months down the line and I'm still not seeing any evidence. Big week coming up for him and the club.
Agree,if the unthinkable happens.

We get put out of the Champions League qualifiers and find ourselves 6 points behind after the first old firm. He has to go.

As you said Gio, doen SC And Europa Final including CL qualification. If we dont make that and then lose to them at Ibrox, our result will regresses further than under Gio.

Beale should have won, one of the games at Hampden against Septic last season. That was a massive failure not winning one.

Last edited:
No one can see what Beale is trying to achieve with the new signings.

There doesn't seem to be a clear tactic or game plan. All players signed seem to be the same player. The brightest talent we had last year was dumped on the bench.

The team looked utterly rudderless and it was only the 1st game of the season. How does that happen?

It's nuts but Beales jacket is or should be on a shooglie peg. That's how pathetic& how badly set up we were.

I was expecting slick fast moving football at the start of his signing spree. Constant pressure on the opposition defence and midfield. My expectation has fallen dramatically during preseason *whatever that was* and now I'm here
where-looking.gif
really not knowing what we are remotely trying to do.
Summed up exactly how i feel on the matter.

We'll either be level with them or remain 3 points imo.
Trust me mate I'm known to be a negative bassa and a doom monger most of the time but despite not knowing why as it's not like me, I'm just prepared to give the team a chance to understand the way each other plays, when to run into a space, when to let someone else run into that space etc
There were things that I didn't like today, slow to press, lack of width, like for like substitutions just to name a few
But we've got folk already claiming Dessers is a donkey FFS

Let's see where we are in a few weeks, the other lot lost at Tynecastle and had a few other shockers after that when the gravy drinker arrived
Look where they are domestically now.

Time is required
Just because their manager lost and got time to become a success doesn't mean Beale will

Kilmarnock are total dross managed by Derek McInnes FFS. Following on from the most underwhelming pre-season in recent years and a team clearly clueless in what they are trying to do, we are in serious danger of yet another season over before it has started and we are all totally sick of that shit.

Anyone using a meaningless win over them after we’d lost the league belongs in the same asylum as those who pull out stats that don’t take into account them downing tools after wrapping the league up,
Yeah Kilmarnock are shite and our form is worrying, but it is totally ridiculous to think that a board who have invested so much money in a team would contemplate sacking a manager after one game - which is what the OP is suggesting.

Yeah Kilmarnock are shite and our form is worrying, but it is totally ridiculous to think that a board who have invested so much money in a team would contemplate sacking a manager after one game - which is what the OP is suggesting.

Alarm bells should be ringing but not getting rid of Beale at this stage. He does need to sort it

We’ve been awful in pre season let’s be honest

Yes pre season is about fitness and team shape/tactics etc but the huge concern for me is we don’t look to have any shape/tactics

Servette will cause us problems

If we don’t sort it quickly Beale will understandably be put under pressure

He’s been backed and needs to find solutions as we don’t look to have a decent plan A never mind plan B

Very worrying

My opinion after pre season & yesterday if he doesn't get his act together and results are poor and we get badly beat in the old firm game he will be gone .

They really need to rethink the zero net spend strategy if Kamara and Sakala go.

No one's asking them to go crazy or anything but money needs to be spent on a minimum of two more players this window or it's going to cost the club far more in lost revenue.
What net zero?

We've spent over £16m this summer and brought in less than £3m.

At boardroom level we can hardly do much more

Beale said the other day that once a few players were sold our spend would roughly be net zero so it doesn't look like we've spent anywhere near £16m.
Interesting, in that case the fees for Danilo, Lammers etc are probably inflated, and we expect to get good money for Kamara and Sakala

I feel we're getting mixed messages from inside the club - on one hand they seem to be wanting to convince us how much they've invested, on the other hand you have Beale playing that down and suggesting our budget is limited. Strange one

Interesting, in that case the fees for Danilo, Lammers etc are probably inflated, and we expect to get good money for Kamara and Sakala

I feel we're getting mixed messages from inside the club - on one hand they seem to be wanting to convince us how much they've invested, on the other hand you have Beale playing that down and suggesting our budget is limited. Strange one

Found the article his exact words were "really small" net spend not zero but still it doesn't seem to fit with the narrative he put out earlier in the summer about being backed more than many Rangers manager recently etc

I’ve had freedom to recruit players and you’ll find at the end of the window that our net spend will be really small. It wasn’t about asking the board for finance, it was about reshaping the squad."

Not sure a really small net spend is enough if we are serious about winning the league. Yeah FFP is a thing but surely we can spend maybe several million more than we bring in on transfers.

His jacket will be on the shoogliest of pegs if he doesn’t get through this first qualifier and we get beat off the manks in the first OF.

The club haven’t invested so much money in the squad only to watch it falter in the first couple of weeks, they expect a substantial return in the shape of CL football and if we don’t get that then serious questions will be asked of Beale.

Now is not the time for managerial change,
Teams need time to gel,get to know each others strengths/weakness.
Managers need time to instill their Football system/tactics.
We should reviewing in October when we have a clearer picture of progress/regress.

Beale said the other day that once a few players were sold our spend would roughly be net zero so it doesn't look like we've spent anywhere near £16m.
Beale says far too much in my opinion. Put up and shut up is required.

Back