Bisgrove and Bennett

Sorry....it's a scary though ain't it... we just might have backed the wrong horse....again!
Depressing ...hope MB gets it right , desperate for him to get it right , desperate for anyone to get it right. Can't think of anyone that may improve this team which is also depressing .

Didn’t want him in the first place and he’s done/doing nothing to change my mind or win me over. Ridiculous appointment in the first place.

Needs wins and fast. Another write off of a season is unthinkable.
I understand your sentiment but if he and his staff go then it’s a pay off. Then you get a replacement and staff. Then the new guy wants his own players and rid of some of the old ones. I think that is equivalent to writing off a season.

We aren't seriously calling for the manager to be sacked are we just yet ffs?

It's one game in with wholesale changes to the playing squad.
Have a little bit of patience.
The problem is that between Rangers & Celtic it is all so polarised and defeats like yesterday can derail a season.

The thought of going into a third season in a row where we change the manager by Christmas though… doesn’t show much stability within the club.

The result was a sore one, the performance a concern, and the lack of any sense of a plan for the game is something that should concern any Rangers fan.
First match of the season and we looked like a team that had just met. There’s no hiding from that.

Souness lost his first two league games in 86/87 season
Hibs away first league game lost 2-1 & 2nd league game lost at home to
Dundee Utd 3-2 , after leading 2-0
The league was different then, you had Dundee Utd, Aberdeen & Hearts all capable of taking points off Rangers & Celtic throughout the season.
It was a far more competitive league where the winning team would likely have 4 or 5 defeats along the way - we are now at a stage of 1 or 2 defeats being your lot of you want to win a title.

In that context, the result yesterday has given us a hill to climb already.
We absolutely had to hit the ground running yesterday and storm into this season. Instead folk are questioning transfer activity & the managers future already.

The feel good factor around our club took a huge blow yesterday, Michael Beale needs to get it back sharpish by winning football matches
As for Bennett and Bisgrove I think they will give Beale this season and next

I actually think Bennett and Bisgrove will not procrastinate in getting rid of Beale if they think he's not working. I think they both understand that there is so much room for growth at the club and will not be held back by a manager that is not progressing things on the pitch.

We aren't seriously calling for the manager to be sacked are we just yet ffs?

It's one game in with wholesale changes to the playing squad.
Have a little bit of patience.
It just feels like it won't improve. Maybe as a support we are just too used to this. I know the players need to settle but I'm far from convinced of Beales game plan and tactics. I hope to god I'm wrong.

Our young ambitious new CEO will be watching things a little bit more closely after today.
Him and John Bennett obviously have a clear, ambitious plan for our Club.... Michael Beale better start to showing that he has a clear plan on the park and that he can execute it.
Right.....

He's got several obvious interlinked issues- we need to compete in the league, he has to have spent wisely and he needs to show the system for this season works.

Whilst talk of the Souness start is largely apples with oranges-that team turned it around quite quick as did the Fat Skippy.

If Beale were to have a bad month we would need to see very very consistent form for a prolonged period or his bosses will need to respond . Whilst none of us have a crystal ball this could unravel quickly.

I am not one to knee jerk but yesterday was an absolute shocker and the issues look quite widespread. The things we are lacking-pace, invention and a degree of physicality/intensity-it's a bit hard to see where that is coming from.

The players who would normally show our best attempt at leadership are looking jaded and the players who have the support on their side-Cantwell, Souttar and Raskin are not players we can refer to as having been over any kind of sustained form or success at the club.

Beale needs to get victories on the board pronto and we need to see something that looks like a team.

Bennett and Bisgrove love Beale. I very much doubt they will punt him. It will take for banners with their faces to oust him, however safe standing is on the horizon, so it will have to be Rangers Da's that do the protesting :p

Bennett and Bisgrove love Beale. I very much doubt they will punt him. It will take for banners with their faces to oust him, however safe standing is on the horizon, so it will have to be Rangers Da's that do the protesting :p

Results and results alone will dictate his future-they will have zero choice-none.

I understand your sentiment but if he and his staff go then it’s a pay off. Then you get a replacement and staff. Then the new guy wants his own players and rid of some of the old ones. I think that is equivalent to writing off a season.

I'm sure there's a conversation had between the ceo and any new person regarding keeping the new signings and identifying those who were already marked as leaving or needing to leave. Then it's up to the new guy to agree and take the job or refuse.

There doesn't need to be another restructure.

I'm sure there's a conversation had between the ceo and any new person regarding keeping the new signings and identifying those who were already marked as leaving or needing to leave. Then it's up to the new guy to agree and take the job or refuse.

There doesn't need to be another restructure.
Yes. Assuming the new guy accepts those conditions. If the best candidates won’t then either we pick a lesser candidate or we face another revamp.

Yes. Assuming the new guy accepts those conditions. If the best candidates won’t then either we pick a lesser candidate or we face another revamp.

Totally. I don't think the players we've just taken in are bad players and an actually manager would set us up to get more out of them negating the need to clear out. I do think we still have a bit of clout to get someone of experience in.

Potentially a new Captain or vice Captain is required in the door! On park leadership that demands a winning mentality
Exactly,someone that would grab players and let them know what’s acceptable and not.
I picture tav going round them all shaking hands saying well down we learn.
We need someone tearing them to bits when they perform like that , and looking at squad that’s needs to be brought in as no winners in that dressing room.

We had 10 managers in the first 100 years and had more than that this century, getting a bit trigger happy now.

Writing off seasons has been our problem. Because it effectively hands the other lot the treble on a plate.

Beale’s absolute bare minimum expectation last season should have been to win a cup. And he should have been hauled over the coals for not doing it.

Bizarrely, I remember more concerns being raised over Gio than Beale after his first (half) season, even after he had won us the Scottish Cup and taken us to a European final.

Not that I’m saying that Gio was in any way the right man, but it’s undeniable that Beale for some reason seemed to curry more favour.

Exactly,someone that would grab players and let them know what’s acceptable and not.
I picture tav going round them all shaking hands saying well down we learn.
We need someone tearing them to bits when they perform like that , and looking at squad that’s needs to be brought in as no winners in that dressing room.
I picture Tav is the dressing room saying exactly what he says on Tv.

“Well chaps that’s disappointing, we need to go again whenever we next go on the park.

BTW any of you new guys looking for a dog?, I can do you an XL Bully for mates rates”

Back