Match Thread Blackpool v Rangers - Match Thread

Disappointed at having to miss it due to a family party tonight

Hope to see the new players getting minutes into the legs

Bassey not involved suggests an imminent departure

Bench not entirely strong but I guess when you’ve Morelos, Tillman and Lowry to come into that plus Helander and Roofe albeit they’re always injured.

I really like Devine, real potential there; one to watch within the next couple of years. Hopefully comes on.

Disappointed at having to miss it due to a family party tonight

Hope to see the new players getting minutes into the legs

Bassey not involved suggests an imminent departure

Bench not entirely strong but I guess when you’ve Morelos and Lowry to come into that plus Helander and Roofe albeit they’re always injured
Bassey is apparently in London sorting out a new club.

Sakala missing is interesting. I wonder if we are looking to move him on this window, I know there was an offer from France a couple of weeks back.

Only Malik missing - understandably - of the new boys. Hopefully see the other three get a run out at some point.

Good to see Jack start.

Sakala missing is an interesting one. Any news of an injury? Last thing we need is missing another forward.

That’s more of a debate and can go either way. Personally McLaughlin for me, but not as definitive as the other 2 so I didn’t include it.
McGregor unless he has improved his ability to come for crosses and his brain farts will cost us again this season.

Keepers at his age generally dont improve from season to season

Let me be first to panic about RTV. When I go into watch live, usually you get a timer ticking down. But so far I'm just getting a "page not responding".

Let me be first to panic about RTV. When I go into watch live, usually you get a timer ticking down. But so far I'm just getting a "page not responding".
I've not even got a Watch Live button yet (on desktop browser). What device are you on?

EDIT: F*ck me, I'd forgotten to login. I've got the normal screen now. Coverage starts 1435hrs. Countdown timer running.

Result obviously not important but I would like to see some energy and intent. We have a habit of continuing our form from practise games into early season or post-split matches when the real games start. Too often we seem to think we can just flick the switch but this team haven't shown they can.

We absolutely cannot afford a lethargic start to the season again this year and suffice to say, last week's non-event didn't leave me thrilled.

The others though! The thought of the team not being improved by the new signings this week makes me sad.
Who said the squad wasn’t improved, they just aren’t automatic first XI yet. Could still become that but as we saw with Lundstram last year that can take time.

Lawrence wouldn’t start ahead of Jack, Lundstram or Kamara for me. Wright deserves to be first choice over Matondo with the way he finished the season. Colak was always backup to Alfie. Tillman while exciting is still an unknown commodity.

I've not even got a Watch Live button yet (on desktop browser). What device are you on?
Just on my laptop which uses Edge.
I had the timer 10 minutes ago but it suddenly disappeared and now just that error message.

Hopefully it's me rather than RTV.

Who said the squad wasn’t improved, they just aren’t automatic first XI yet. Could still become that but as we saw with Lundstram last year that can take time.

Lawrence wouldn’t start ahead of Jack, Lundstram or Kamara for me. Wright deserves to be first choice over Matondo with the way he finished the season. Colak was always backup to Alfie. Tillman while exciting is still an unknown commodity.
We can’t be going into the season with Kamara as our number 10. Gio said he wanted more goals, Lawrence would bring that.

Exciting stuff. Hopefully getting to see the new signings perform well.

No Bassey says he's gone very soon.

McGregor in goal. Thought McLaughlin was our No1 this season?

Back