Blast from the past - Haris Vučkić

RW&B

His goal against Cowdenbeath sticks in my mind, a cracker.

He now plays for FC Twente.

I am not saying we should go after him, no. Its just a bit of fun during the football forced break.

11 goals in 25 matches from MF.

One of the Newcastle 5.

At least he actually tried, decent scoring record.

That half of the season is probably the worst ever as a rangers fan.

That's the one, he did try that's true.

Tough times but we got through them.

He tried and had a bit of quality about him, but to be honest anyone capable of passing the ball 5 yards to a team mate would have stood out to the support in that season.

The only brightish light in a season where Darren McGregor won our player of the year and Nicky Law was the only player who hit scraped double figures.

Saw a picture of all our strips the other day and even seeing the strip from that season gives me the fear.

I always wondered how he would do within a better rangers side he had a bit of quality and a good left peg.
Oddly enough most of the Newcastle 5 have went on to have decent careers even Kevin Mbabu who never played a first team game while here went to Wolfsburg for £15 million

I always wondered how he would do within a better rangers side he had a bit of quality and a good left peg.
Oddly enough most of the Newcastle 5 have went on to have decent careers even Kevin Mbabu who never played a first team game while here went to Wolfsburg for £15 million

Gael Birigimama was at Motherwell last season and missed a penalty v us for Solihull in the challenge cup this season I think.

That was on thing I always said about him was his lack of pace, in that video he looks a bit quicker than he ever did at Ibrox. Some good goals in there bursting a gut to get there from MF.

He's having a very good season in a league significantly better than ours for a fairly average team. Still young enough, if the price was right (i.e. cheap) and the gaffer thought he was worth a risk then I'd be up for him coming back. Messi would have been dragged down by most of the shite in the team we had back then.

Imagine we'd scraped promotion with that squad? I shudder to think.

In fact, I'm going back to blocking out 12/15

Christ I had just managed to erase Jon Toral from my memory. He was howling and somehow managed to get a solid transfer fee a year or so later from his parent club from memory?

Went to Hull for £3m and plays regularly.

Memories of Pedro making 3 changes at half time in his first game and going 2 at the back - one of whom was Jon Toral. The match thread was fun that day.

From getting horsed by some American pub team in an amusement park to McCall chucking Mohsni under the bus at Fir Park, it was 10 months of utter embarrassment from all involved.
Remind me of the American Pub team in an amusement park ?

One of the Newcastle 5.

Apart from the Braga games I’ve never felt so low in a long time maybe as far back since then following Rangers.

The Murty and Pedro disaster years at least you knew we were sh*te and just accepted it.

I’ve forgotten about it more so now with all that’s went on but really honestly thought we could’ve won the league this year and the explosion of bottle is the worst I’ve ever seen us ever starting at Tynecastle.

Remind me of the American Pub team in an amusement park ?

article-2698808-1FD03AEB00000578-704_634x425.jpg

Tell a lie, we won in the amusement park.

We lost on a college team's American Football pitch.

Technically a decent enough player, with a good pass and shot on him, but when he was with us he was as slow as a cart horse pulling a float. I did read somewhere else that he was a bit quicker on his feet now.

He was an okay player, in a poor squad at another time in our history. For a loanee in a poor team he did give his all for us though.

One of the Newcastle 5.

The rest were injured

Vuckic was ok but there’s far too much spare time just now to start brooding over those dark days.

Started well but defenders had him sussed in the second half of the season.Drops shoulder,cut inside and shoot with left foot and repeat.
Good lad who did his best for us.

Back