Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

Jason Leitch made a point of saying that any further ‘past’ indiscretions will not be acted on. Line in the sand today. Anything going forward then football will be hammered. Said he had no doubt media and fans would be trawling social media posts to find other people breaking rules.

Gerrard better have the whole squad and staff, down to the under 10s in different rooms telling them that any breaking of the guidelines from now will result in a complete and utter toe in the balls.

Day gets better :)) make them play their reserves. Why should other teams get punished by having games posponed .They will end up playing 2 games a week at some point at this rate and the biggest squad will have the depth to cover .Guess who .

Canny see that being true, Mate. Surely a wind up.

When did he return from Spain? Lennon at pains to point out he flew out on the Monday and back on the Tuesday. Would be convenient for the 2 week period to end on the monday before their qualifier.

Lennon giving it the " I know nothing" approach.

Knew about it before the conference call with the health minister yesterday, but apparently didn't think to mention it.

Lemon saying it was Monday after Hamilton he flew out. Assuming he didn't go and return on the same day, he should be in isolation for 14 days from Tuesday. Whenever he has come back into contact with the rest of the squad, they should also have a period out.

Real question marks over their CL game.

they were given 3/4 days off, could have come back wednesday or thursday, contact on the friday

She's pictured wearing royal blue quite often mate - there's nothing to be had in what you're saying in fairness to her.

well if you say so like I say I don’t tend to watch her broadcasts that often and only caught a snipet of this one because wanted to see the outcome of septics flagrant rule breaking player so I watched it and only noticed the bright green and white trim if she wears royal blue other times as well then fair enough

Reactions: ZvP
Any idea how the isolation period works if he didn't isolate at that time? Is it 14 days from start of isolation period? Do others in close contact ie. Celtic players and staff have to isolate for 14 days? It's a can of worms.
People he was in contact with will have to isolate from their last point of contact with him I would think

One thing that is a fact that isn’t being answered is:

Bolingoli either lied to Celtic about going abroad, either that he wasn’t away, or that he was somewhere else or;

Celtic knew about it and have lied.

I’m hoping this story isn’t Hollicom’d as it could be very, very interesting.

Yes, they’re throwing him under the bus. Classic Celtic Juan Guy.

I get a feeling the truth might be different mate.

What was the reason given for the Aberdeen game being postponed? When they still could have played with the players available?

Why the 4th?

They played late afternoon on the 2nd then were given 4 days off.
He could have went for 1 day I suppose. Unlikely though. It's been confirmed that he flew out on the Monday, interesting that Lennon didn't mention the date of the return flight.

Jason Leitch was very clear.

Disciplinary is nothing to do with him and he said that.

But there are clear public health implications for Celtic and Kilmarnock of what has happened and thats his job. That statement is now rolling on SSN

So we have two separate things at play here

1. Are the SPFL / SFA going to force an ineligible player situation on Celtic and forfeit their match. (There are no 2020/21 rules available on SFA site)

2. Are the Government rules going to be outlined that force Celtic and Kilmarnock to stay at home in quarantine and in Celtics case forfeit their UEFA match.
Had this been the other way about and Killie fielded a player who'd done what BB did, they'd be squealing for the 3 points and they'd be backed up by every single one of their press poodles.

What was the reason given for the Aberdeen game being postponed? When they still could have played with the players available?
Will celtic have to take 2 weeks off too, in line with the postponements of Aberdeen's games?
Aberdeen should have forfeited the points from the weekend and tomorrow anyway, same for celtic this week. Nicola sturgeon even mentioned that the innocent shouldn't be punished.

Lol, after pumping Hamilton (a team of teenagers) - Lennon "have a few days off bhoys, this league will be won at a canter"

Team laze around, come back to play Killie expecting to just turn up and win and look like sh*t

Lennon is really useless as a manager. Does well initially due to the team he takes over being decent and gradually destroys it. Same as last time

There's surely no way he has went to Spain without mentioning it to any of the other players or one of the coaching staff? If someone in my work is pissing off to spain for a couple of days they generally mention it.

they were given 3/4 days off, could have come back wednesday or thursday, contact on the friday

Sorry, what I should have said was Tuesday is the earliest hed be back. I doubt they'd have got Monday to Thursday off training with their next game on the Sunday. Likely they were back to training Wednesday/Thursday latest last week after having Monday and Tuesday off.

Either way, time scales are ropey if the Icelanders start asking questions of their game.

Back