Bongani Zungu

Don't understand why @Growler is getting stick here. A quick scan of his CV doesn't get the juices flowing in any way, certainly at the rumoured 4/5m EUR.

He went to Amiens for 1.8m in 2017 and only started 10 games last season for them.

We are very stats orientated in our recruitment so this guy clearly ticks a lot of boxes in terms of the style he will bring but just happy clapping at every possible signing is embarrassing. It's a forum for discussion after all.

It would be a wait and see for me but tinged with surprise at the apparent fee when you look at the players CV.

I don’t see anyone happy clapping, nobody knows anything about him, but some rather than just waiting to see as you say decide they’ll tell us he’s no better than what we’ve got based on looking at some numbers and being dreary fuckers.

If people want to actually watch him (plenty places online to watch his full games), come back and post their worrys regarding him or whatever, then nobody is going to laugh at you.

If however you go on someones wikipedia, have a look and come back to have a go at him then you’re a bit of a caveman and will get laughed at.

Simple.

Thats why judging someone off their wikipedia is dangerous.

Same reason folk on here think Joe Hart is a good player.

Agreed. It works both ways I don't think there's a right/wrong with this.

People looking at his CV have a right to be underwhelmed but we also need to have an element of trust in our recruitment team as well.

Agreed. It works both ways I don't think there's a right/wrong with this.

People looking at his CV have a right to be underwhelmed but we also need to have an element of trust in our recruitment team as well.
Not really sure anyone has a right to be underwhelmed about a player they've never seen play in all honesty.

Amiens fans have been talking very highly about him all day

Imagine listing them in that company, fucking hells bells.

Rangers - Kevin Thomson
Arsenal - Patrick Viera
Wick Academy - Martin Gunn

You can literally go on and on.

Personally i think Ryan Jack is adequate but the thing is hes never going to be available for 60 game seasons so he needs help.

Not sure if mentioned already but I read Benfica had an offer rejected for him when he was playing in Portugal. If that's true then he must have something about him despite his slightly underwhelming career to date.

I can’t say I watch a lot of french football
Or claim to know every decent player in those divisions

I’ve no clue how people can suggest he’s no better than what wee have

Until he’s in the mixer

It’s definitely a big out lay for w 28 year old
Regardless

Don't understand why @Growler is getting stick here. A quick scan of his CV doesn't get the juices flowing in any way, certainly at the rumoured 4/5m EUR.

He went to Amiens for 1.8m in 2017 and only started 10 games last season for them.

We are very stats orientated in our recruitment so this guy clearly ticks a lot of boxes in terms of the style he will bring but just happy clapping at every possible signing is embarrassing. It's a forum for discussion after all.

It would be a wait and see for me but tinged with surprise at the apparent fee when you look at the players CV.

Don’t try being logical. You cheeky scamp.

In Wilson/Gerrard/Murty/Pedro/Warburton/Weir/Ally/Green/Whyte/Murray we trust.

Worries me how many people on FF only want to hear overly positive perspectives. Especially when we haven’t won a trophy in 10 years and we’ve been through utter hell.

Don’t try being logical. You cheeky scamp.

In Wilson/Gerrard/Murty/Pedro/Warburton/Weir/Ally/Green/Whyte/Murray we trust.

Worries me how many people on FF only want to hear overly positive perspectives. Especially when we haven’t won a trophy in 10 years and we’ve been through utter hell.

What a load of mince, people haven't seen him, the same as you, they wonder what he's like, you didn't you said he wasn't better than what we have in the same post as saying you haven't watched him, not one single person has said he's a good player because they don't know but you've claimed he's worse than any player at Rangers.

You must see how utterly daft that is?

Big difference in questioning his experience to saying he's categorically worse than anyone we have.

What a load of mince, people haven't seen him, the same as you, they wonder what he's like, you didn't you said he wasn't better than what we have in the same post as saying you haven't watched him, not one single person has said he's a good player because they don't know but you've claimed he's worse than any player at Rangers.

You must see how utterly daft that is?

I said his cv was poor and I would be surprised if he was better than what we have.

That’s it.

I don’t think it’s too bold a statement to make.

I said his cv was poor and I would be surprised if he was better than what we have.

That’s it.

I don’t think it’s too bold a statement to make.
As someone else has said, his competition is a free transfer from Aberdeen and a 50k punt from Dundee so it's a strange stick to beat this guy with.

He has a better CV than most of our squad.

As someone else has said, his competition is a free transfer from Aberdeen and a 50k punt from Dundee so it's a strange stick to beat this guy with.

He has a better CV than most of our squad.

his competition is 2 Rangers players. Who are both younger than him.

his competition is 2 Rangers players. Who are both younger than him.
My point is that you could have just as easily written Jack or Kamara off using the same argument and both have been very good signings.

My point is that you could have just as easily written Jack or Kamara off using the same argument and both have been very good signings.

I get it, but it isn’t the same argument. Kamara signed for a big club at 23. Just because we took advantage of his contract situation doesn’t make him a worse player.

Moving to Rangers at 23 and moving to a relegated French club at 27 aren’t comparable in my opinion.

I’ll leave the thread now, as I’m being annoying.

I get it, but it isn’t the same argument. Kamara signed for a big club at 23. Just because we took advantage of his contract situation doesn’t make him a worse player.

Moving to Rangers at 23 and moving to a relegated French club at 27 aren’t comparable in my opinion.

I’ll leave the thread now, as I’m being annoying.
He moved to Amiens at 24 when they were a newly promoted Ligue 1 team and finished mid table his first season, that isn't exactly the drastic move late in his career you're making it out to be.

An Amiens fan on Twitter rates him very very highly although two knee injuries over the last few season plus his limited game time has me concerned.

Compare the CV for an older player: Senderos (Arsenal, AC Milan, Valencia, Switzerland) or (for example) Arfield (Falkirk, Huddersfield, Burnley, Canada). For 21 year olds, we got Barker from Manchester City and Morelos from Helsinki.

The worst for buying “CVs” I can remember was QPR signing duds or squad players in Harrods - Man Utd, Real Madrid, Spurs, Chelsea - Park, Granero, Boswinga, Wright Phillips, Fabio, etc - and getting relegated.

The guys ability not who he plays for is what matters.

Tell me a succesful side without a DM most of them tend to be the most important player.

Barca - Busquets
poets - Broon
Leicester - kante
Man u - Carrick
Real Madrid - Makalele

You could go on for a very long time

You were doing well until you mentioned Broon. ignoring him being pish, I'm not even sure he's a defensive mid either. more a run about a lot "imposing" himself.

Do we need another CDM? Wouldn't have been the area I would be looking at right now personally.

Although if he's a step up from what we have he's always welcome I suppose.
Yes. Along with a RW it's the area that needs strengthening the most.

Do you watch our games?

He will get more time on the ball at Rangers than he is in those videos. We're playing against 10 man defences
no mate i dont watch rangers at all in fact i couldnt even tell you what colour we play in ffs
of course i forget scottish football is known to be a footballing paradise where skilful players are giving time to show off skills and wow the fans and is not a brutul kick and rush footballing country

no mate i dont watch Rangers at all in fact i couldnt even tell you what colour we play in ffs
of course i forget scottish football is known to be a footballing paradise where skilful players are giving time to show off skills and wow the fans and is not a brutul kick and rush footballing country
Outwith Celtic and sometimes Hibs or Hearts, nobody puts pressure on our sitting midfielder.

Outwith Celtic and sometimes Hibs or Hearts, nobody puts pressure on our sitting midfielder.
or sometimes aberdeen or st johnstone but thats only 5 teams that dont really count in our league
its fine when we are flying and in control of a game but when a decision goes against us or they score its all kick and rush football from them unless we get the game back
to give the impression that teams dont come out their half the whole game is wrong

BTW im not saying hes not going to be a cracking player for us i hope he tears the place up im just saying its going to be a shock for him when he starts getting the studs raked down his shin

And even then if he is as good technically as their fans say, he will handle a bit of pressure anyway.

What does he know? Has he not seen his CV? :D

A serious knee injury, a broken leg and less than 200 appearances in all competitions, internationals included, at near on 28 isn't the best of stats. For the rumoured fee people are entitled to have concerns.

14th best overall stats for Amiens this season. No league goals or assists.

We've been linked with better this window.

A serious knee injury, a broken leg and less than 200 appearances in all competitions, internationals included, at near on 28 isn't the best of stats. For the rumoured fee people are entitled to have concerns.

14th best overall stats for Amiens this season. No league goals or assists.

We've been linked with better this window.

Aye but he’s got a cool name, so...

Tell me a succesful side without a DM most of them tend to be the most important player.

Barca - Busquets
poets - Broon
Leicester - kante
Man u - Carrick
Real Madrid - Makalele

You could go on for a very long time

Never want to see them on a list alongside those teams again. Get the point though!

Aye but he’s got a cool name, so...

That's what it comes down to for some whilst the likes of McLean and Ferguson who genuinely have attributes that would suit us, are dubbed shite.

(Lewis Ferguson would not be me first, second or fifth choice midfield signing.)

Said it earlier in the thread that Hrošovský would be a better signing. Similar in that he can play CM, slightly deeper for a bit more advanced. Similar age, played at a better level, played in the Champions League, alongside Hamsik for his country, captained Genk, captained Plzeñ, won three league titles and a national cup. Experienced, leadership qualities, played at the highest level in terms of club competitions and tasted success on numerous occassions.

That's what it comes down to for some whilst the likes of McLean and Ferguson who genuinely have attributes that would suit us, are dubbed shite.

(Lewis Ferguson would not be me first, second or fifth choice midfield signing.)

Said it earlier in the thread that Hrošovský would be a better signing. Similar in that he can play CM, slightly deeper for a bit more advanced. Similar age, played at a better level, played in the Champions League, alongside Hamsik for his country, captained Genk, captained Plzeñ, won three league titles and a national cup. Experienced, leadership qualities, played at the highest level in terms of club competitions and tasted success on numerous occassions.
Yes I think he would slot in and settle easier.

Always hard to judge a defensive midfielder off youtube. The good ones don’t make massive barnstorming tackles. They make neat simple interceptions and tackles because they read the game so well that that is all they need to do. This bloke does seem to have good technique - fast feet on a few occasions and very very good range of passing on show there. If he is genuinely good defensively then he could be exactly what we need - a destroyer who can also play and build. However the relatively poor CV, age and injury history is a concern at the suggested price.

On the other side of the age debate though, having an established player is not the worst thing in the world. A big problem with our team always seems to be psychological - losing the will or the confidence to win. Even the best youth in the world is going to struggle to change things when heads go down around them. A guy with a bit of experience is useful there. Needs the right attitude too and we’ve no way of judging it with any player. But just being late 20s isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Back