Borna Barisic

Another good performance tonight. What I've noticed about him is he rarely gives the ball away. Very tidy player, wand of a left foot.

That's 3 very good performances in a row.

More than that, I don't think he's had a bad game this season. He had some good and some meh by his standard but even his poorest games this season have been consistently better than either Halliday or Flannagan have produced.

When JF is fit it'll be interesting to see how Gerrard sees the pecking order now. Earlier in the season it was clearly JF 1st, BB 2nd, AH 3rd

Of the last 3 games, tonight's is the one that gives me the most confidence in him having turned the corner.

He absolutely would have has issues last season in a tough, physical battle but while he did nothing spectacular, he was solid, determined and a whole load of other adjectives that people on here said he never would or could be.

Not his greatest ever performance by a long chalk, but certainly an encouraging one!

I genuinely think his song is helping him too. Perhaps a sign that positive encouragement is more helpful than miserable bastards berating everything loud and long?

Thought he was our best player tonight, couldn’t never have predicted this turnaround but I’m delighted for him.

Really pleased for Borna, another good performance. Must have felt great for him to hear the bears belting out his name.

Just a shame his return to form coincides with Tav’s displays dipping of late.

Another good performance from him, i think he is beginning to understand the way the game is played here, you have to win tackles and headers especially against teams like livingston and despite not being brilliant he was solid

Unfortunately as Barišić's form improves Tav's is plummeting, I lost count of the number of times attacks broke down when he was in possession.

Unfortunately as Barišić's form improves Tav's is plummeting, I lost count of the number of times attacks broke down when he was in possession.

Been off form since Legia Away. His touch since then has been out. Still contributing though isn’t he, as always. Another assist at the weekend for the 2nd goal. Goal last week v Livi, corner for Morelos V Livi at Ibrox.

You’re right mate. Same can be said about the guys who were blinded to Pena’s short comings.
They would have none of it when posters called him out on his attitude, mentality, fitness etc and would roll-out various sound bites to blame everyone else around Pena.

These same guys have went all quiet.

The thing is, we have a part of FF who are all sugar or all shitē. That won’t ever change.
Pena doesn’t play for us anymore so I would be a bit worried if they hadn’t gone quiet.

How about we enjoy the win and stop throwing digs at folk.

Pena doesn’t play for us anymore so I would be a bit worried if they hadn’t gone quiet.

How about we enjoy the win and stop throwing digs at folk.

Its not entirely true anyway, I can think of one prominent posters who more or less defended him to the hilt from start to finish (I think he still has a Peña avatar).

Some (including myself) stuck up for him when people were laying into him early doors over “unsubstantiated stories” that he’d been spotted drinking. I think sticking up for a player who is being abused before there’s any confirmation or proof of guilty is perfectly fine mind. But lord knows FF loves a good feeding frenzy, Barisic himself is a perfect example, abused and shat upon in games where he didn’t really do an awful lot wrong. But once people get a test for a certain player’s blood they can’t seem to relent.

The difference this season? Not having injury issues and growing confidence from game time. He's always been good enough. The support of him on here however has been far from it ...

Its not entirely true anyway, I can think of one prominent posters who more or less defended him to the hilt from start to finish (I think he still has a Peña avatar).

Some (including myself) stuck up for him when people were laying into him early doors over “unsubstantiated stories” that he’d been spotted drinking. I think sticking up for a player who is being abused before there’s any confirmation or proof of guilty is perfectly fine mind. But lord knows FF loves a good feeding frenzy, Barisic himself is a perfect example, abused and shat upon in games where he didn’t really do an awful lot wrong. But once people get a test for a certain player’s blood they can’t seem to relent.

I agree entirely and pleased that I too stuck for him from the very first and delighted that he has come onto a seriously good game !

Agree. I wanted a Left Back before the window closed but he’s absolutely proving me wrong & im enjoying every minute of it :D

I have been the same.

Incredible change in a player, not sure I can remember anyone turning it around so quickly, his last 4 performances he has been very consistent and good. Working harder, running faster, being more positive in possession.

I have been the same.

Incredible change in a player, not sure I can remember anyone turning it around so quickly, his last 4 performances he has been very consistent and good. Working harder, running faster, being more positive in possession.

It’s great being proved wrong if you under rated a Rangers player JCD.

I’m in the Main Stand & saw the guys face as he’s left the field v Feyenoord & he was absolutely buzzing. I was genuinely delighted for the guy mate.

Back