Borna

Rusty in his passing but I thought he was good. Wasn't really troubled by their attackers.

Hopefully he's avoided any injuries or knocks and ready to go on Sunday.

Overall I thought he was excellent, could maybe have helped close down the guy in the run up to the goal after the kick out from McGregor though imo

For someone who had only played 30 minutes of first team football since September tonight, he was magnificent. If this means Flanagan will likely never play at left back again, that’s a bonus.

He is a very good player and his class showed again tonight. A proper left back that can defend as well as attack. His crossing in from the left is amazing - some of his cross balls are just perfect but we don't have the players taking advantage.

Barasic needs to play every game he can now he's back. No excuses for putting Flanagan back in.

Yeah, can definately see what he will bring to the team.

Thought McCrorie played well aswell.

He gives us a presence in midfield that we lack in most games. Plus Jack seems to play better when McCrorie plays.
Maybe i have to watch it again (That's not happening) but i didn't think McCrorie was that great, was a bit sloppy in passing and gave away some silly fouls just by running into the players. There wasn't a moment where i thought that was a great bit of play by him. The fact that plenty are happy with his performance though means i must not have been paying attention much

Borna adds balance to our team and allows us to play down the left hand side, rather than have everything going through Tav and Candeias.

He's going to be excellent imo

A bit of ring-rust and it's nice to see someone at left-back who doesn't feel out of position (not to take anything away from Halliday's great performances).

For being out for 12 games he did really well couple of really good crosses corners could have been better but he gives us more balance and not onesided

defensively fine but his passing first 20 mins was ropey then came into the game and looked solid.

Great to see him get in a full 90 min

Really hope he can kick on from here. He could be huge for us this year

Agree re: McCrorie...thought he was our best player tbh.

The obvious issue with that is when we're struggling to create things at home and you've got two relatively holding midfielders in there. And the other obvious issues in that we don't have a creative #10 or #8 midfielder. Davis is probably going to be the short-term answer to one of them.

The quality of his deliveries into the box are going to be a huge asset for us in the 2nd half of the season. We've missed him badly.

Rarely loses the ball and by fk were we losing the ball tonight!!!

I hope we hold onto him, he is going to terrorise the dhimwitted ones.

What a credit as well to the guys fitness. Out for months , barely plays at the weekend and strolls 90 minutes in a European tie without breaking sweat. They couldnt deal with him.

I'm still not sure about him defensively, probably due to him not having played enough to make fair judgement on that aspect of his game.

Showed us what we've been missing. He's a quality player who, as posters above have said, will link up well with Grezda on the left side.

Quality quality player. Let's get him a run of games and we will have a real player.

Back