• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
56Sc9M0.png

THIS MATCH IS NOT AVAILABLE ON RANGERSTV ANYWHERE

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Probably the most negative I've ever been here.

I reckon a 2-1 loss, Morelos scoring. Which would be a good result.

I think we will set up something like

McGregor

Tav Golson Bassey Borna

Lundstram Ramsey Kamara

Aribo Morelos Kent.

Arfield would be very, very, very unlucky to miss out.

I'd also start Jack.

Have a feeling we will be seeing a classic Morelos in Europe performance, their defence isn't the best and he should be highly motivated here. He might not get the most service, but when the ball comes up he'll win free kicks or hold it in.

Really excited for this.

Just want to be in the tie for next Thursday.

A 1 goal deficit ahead of the 2nd tie is the absolute maximum we can allow. Obviously want to win but have to be realistic about the level of opposition we’re up against.

Probably the most negative I've ever been here.

I reckon a 2-1 loss, Morelos scoring. Which would be a good result.

I think we will set up something like

McGregor

Tav Golson Bassey Borna

Lundstram Ramsey Kamara

Aribo Morelos Kent.

Arfield would be very, very, very unlucky to miss out.

I'd also start Jack.

Jack instead of Lundstrum is my team

I'll be chuffed if we come away with a draw or better. Possibly the toughest opponent we've faced in a European game in a long time, but these are the class of opponent that we should be facing every season. Can't wait for the match!

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Jack
Lundstram
Arfield

Aribo
Morelos
Kent

2-2.

Really excited for this.

Just want to be in the tie for next Thursday.

A 1 goal deficit ahead of the 2nd tie is the absolute maximum we can allow. Obviously want to win but have to be realistic about the level of opposition we’re up against.
If we can take them to Ibrox still in it, then I think Ibrox might actually be rocking.

Won't intimidate Dortmund, but may spur our players on a bit more.

Need to keep the tie alive coming back to Ibrox but the Bassey/Barisic side worries me greatly.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic
Arfield Jack Lundstram/Kamara
Aribo Buff Kent

Rangers away to Dortmund in European competition. Love it.

We can raise our game and keep the return tie alive especially as away goals don’t have same value as previous seasons, clean sheet and we halfway there!

I do worry that Dortmund will be able to play at a pace that our players haven't seen before. Even without Haaland they have top international players in every position.

I do worry that Dortmund will be able to play at a pace that our players haven't seen before. Even without Haaland they have top international players in every position.
Me too. They are a strong team going forward and dont be fooled by recent results in the Bundesliga as they count for nothing but hey, its football, anything can happen.

Under Gerrard I always felt good going into a European game, regardless of form. I dont have that feeling under GVB which may seem strange given he produced arguably our best European result to date bringing us into this stage.

Its an incredible fixture for Rangers and as overdue as it is deserved. I just think of the players who have crumbled under pressure before vs the explosive Dortmund attack and cannot help but be very concerned. It is very unfortunate we will have to play with both JT & BB, probably in both legs, and anything less than them somehow hitting their best form while holding focus for 180 mins will do.

Rangers biggest and toughest test in many, many years.

Good Luck and Godspeed to us all.

Heart says Rangers. Head says Dortmund. If we get them back to Ibrox with the tie still alive and with no injuries I'll be a happy Bear. Going to say 2-1 to them but you never know. Live in Hope.
C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't afford to be open and need to try and keep it tight. Pack the midfield to protect the left side of defense in particular. Try and use the pace of Kent and power of Alfie on the break. Toughest opponent we have faced for a while, a step up from Leverkusen. Keep the tie alive going into the second leg and no injuries vital.

Just don't get pumped. Keep the tie alive, get them back to Ibrox and have a proper go at them

They will have the majority of possession and will press us hard when/if we play out from the back.
Remember that 3-0 debacle a few weeks ago?
This could be a repeat, hope not, but I worry that may be the case.

Under Gerrard I always felt good going into a European game, regardless of form. I dont have that feeling under GVB which may seem strange given he produced arguably our best European result to date bringing us into this stage.

Its an incredible fixture for Rangers and as overdue as it is deserved. I just think of the players who have crumbled under pressure before vs the explosive Dortmund attack and cannot help but be very concerned. It is very unfortunate we will have to play with both JT & BB, probably in both legs, and anything less than them somehow hitting their best form while holding focus for 180 mins will do.

Rangers biggest and toughest test in many, many years.

Good Luck and Godspeed to us all.
It should also be pointed out that Rangers are the only British team left in the EL in this year's competition

I would take a 2-0 loss if I am honest. Means we can still have a brilliant atmosphere at Ibrox with an outside chance which will hopefully see us win 1-0 and go out with our heads high. We can then concentrate on the league while the other lot have to travel the globe every thursday playing in the european vans paint trophy.

0 - 3 Rangers and back up the road with three points and no injuries. Dortmund? Not Dundee? Well it’s a free hit. Play our game with confidence and see where it takes us. A night to be excited rather than daunted. Cmon the Gers.

Will be a huge ask. Dortmund are full of quality even without Halaand. We have to keep ourselves in the tie for the second leg.

With that in mind:

Dortmund 0-5 Rangers

I’d take any 2 nil defeat at worse if offered me it right enough….

Would I %^*& go at them Rangers this mob do not like being pressed and ran at.

What will Dortmund be saying about us right enough :D.

Bring them on!

Totally relaxed about tonight’s game. With the away rule goal scrapped it again statistically favours the bigger clubs with less likely shocks on cards. It’s a tie we cannot win so I hope for zero injuries first and foremost and a bonus would be a goal and a good performance. Either way all eyes on Sunday

Totally relaxed about tonight’s game. With the away rule goal scrapped it again statistically favours the bigger clubs with less likely shocks on cards. It’s a tie we cannot win so I hope for zero injuries first and foremost and a bonus would be a goal and a good performance. Either way all eyes on Sunday
Who says we cannot win?

Just delighted to be back at a ground like the Westfalenstadion. Stranger things have happened in terms of getting a result. A lot on here underestimate our chances.

They will have the majority of possession and will press us hard when/if we play out from the back.
Remember that 3-0 debacle a few weeks ago?
This could be a repeat, hope not, but I worry that may be the case.
Completely agree, mcgregors distribution his horrific. Why I think McLaughlin should start, his distribution against Lyon was quality, which was why we were able to play against them.

Just hoping we can keep the tie alive and take some positives from the game. This is the best team we played in recent years and on paper they are a later stages CL team

If we go behind I want to see us reset and focus without collapsing, we have a terrible habit of conceding again immediately after losing a goal.

I’m hoping to see a clear tactical plan in place where we are organised but can still threaten on the break

Going by the predicted lineups, I presume it was nonsense about players not travelling?

I will be delighted to just keep this tie alive going to Ibrox.

We've played against better Dortmund teams with worse Rangers teams and 75% of the time have went through, they've only knocked us out once and that was on penalties. :)

Back