MOTM Poll Borussia Dortmund v Rangers - 17:45 Thursday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McGregor
Tav goldson sands bassey
Arfield lundstrum jack
Arfield Morelos Kent

3-1 Dortmund unfortunately I think. Hopefully I’m wrong but as long as we’re still in tie going back to Ibrox I’m more than happy

56Sc9M0.png

THIS MATCH IS NOT AVAILABLE ON RANGERSTV ANYWHERE

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMS WILL RESULT IN A BAN
Not looking for an illegal stream but I'm back in the US for business and a small holiday. Does anyone know if there is a way to watch here? Does RangersTV show Europa league in the US?

Did we get official confirmation from anyone actually ITK that Roofe, Kent and Sakala travelled? Seen on Instagram roofe put a picture of his dog up a few hours ago so suggests he maybe isnt there.

Did we get official confirmation from anyone actually ITK that Roofe, Kent and Sakala travelled? Seen on Instagram roofe put a picture of his dog up a few hours ago so suggests he maybe isnt there.
Kent is 100% there.

Doesn't look like Roofe or Sakala are which leaves us very short of options up front.

Not in any of the photos of the team leaving/landing.
There wasnt that many of them to be fair. about 9 in total and I dont think they showed everyone.

I would have thought Gio would have confirmed if they werent available and just not given the reason.

Aye. How do you know Sakala isnt? This is a free hit so I am not overly worried either way.

Don't get this free hit angle mate.

Dortmund are rightly favourites, but they've got their weaknesses.

It's still a winnable tie and a big financial boost for the club, should we get through.

At the end of the day, no matter how Dortmund plays, it is up to our players to perform to the best of their abilities for 90+ mins. If they do that, I`ll be content with the result, knowing whom we face.

Free hit and there's no pressure on us. Realistically they are a few levels above us quality wise but you just never know in football. With any luck we'll still be in the tie come the second leg.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Sands Bassey
Lundstram Jack
Sakala Ramsey Kent
Morelos

Would be my team. Press their defence and plenty of pace out wide to get in behind. Midfield is as strong as it gets. I'd prefer Sands/Bassey on the left of defence to Bassey/Barisic just now but I expect Gio goes the latter.

It's still a winnable tie and a big financial boost for the club, should we get through.
Dortmund are tiers above us, we’ve got to accept our limitations at times. We aren’t as good a side as we’ve been either.

A draw would be unbelievable tonight, but it’s a long shot

Just hope we are still in with a good chance next week. Hopefully the result last weekend has dented their confidence a fair bit.

I fancy us to cause a few problems on the break, but don't trust our defence at the minute.

Just hope we are still in with a good chance next week. Hopefully the result last weekend has dented their confidence a fair bit.

I fancy us to cause a few problems on the break, but don't trust our defence at the minute.
I’d be tempted to start Sands alongside Goldson and ensure Bassey is at left back.

Bassey at cb will be utterly chaotic as usual

Dortmund are tiers above us, we’ve got to accept our limitations at times. We aren’t as good a side as we’ve been either.

I've not seen a lot of them, but I've watched 3 of their games this season and they definitely leak goals and are vulnerable defensively.

Unfortunately, without Balogun and Helander being available, there's a big defensive weakness for us too.

We're probably not playing as well as we did last season, but we're definitely a better side than the one Leverkusen beat a couple of seasons ago.

Like I said, Dortmund are rightly favourites, but I don't see us as some forlorn hope.

I’d be tempted to start Sands alongside Goldson and ensure Bassey is at left back.

If he plays the way he did against Sparta at home, then he'll be fine.

Barisic at left back is a concern though and I get why you'd maybe go with Sands, so we're stronger at left back.

I totally get you mate and I actually think that we could go through. I was meaning that its less important than the league and Sunday's game supercedes it for me. Apologies, should have made that clearer.

This is how I see it.
Nobody expects us to go through, Dortmund are 2nd in the Bundesliga at a time when the gap between the top 5 leagues and the rest has never been greater.

If we pull it off over 2 legs it would genuinely be one of our most impressive results ever.

So from that point of view it is a bit of a free hit.

This is how I see it.
Nobody expects us to go through, Dortmund are 2nd in the Bundesliga at a time when the gap between the top 5 leagues and the rest has never been greater.

If we pull it off over 2 legs it would genuinely be one of our most impressive results ever.

So from that point of view it is a bit of a free hit.
Aye. Plus its so much less important than the league fixtures.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

An unexpected victory would be magnificent but keeping the tie live for the second leg will do just nicely.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

I would start with Arfield in the side and Sands at CB.Keep Bassey on the left where he seems more comfortable.Difficult night ahead but being in these types of ties is what we all want.

In my opinion we can’t go Arfield tonight. Dortmund will make the pitch massive and be quick passing. The midfielders are going to have to cover some amount of space/ ground. That ain’t Arfield’s bag.

If I was a rangers player I'd be looking forward to getting stuck right into them! They aren't robots ffs,just men and get in about them! Shite bags stay in the changing room!

Looking forward to seeing us playing on this stage but to be completely honest I doubt we'll get close to them. Would be delighted if we are still in the tie come next week at Ibrox.

This is a game for Diallo IMO. Against the run of play on the counter you need an outlet in their final third. In Kent and Diallo we have two players who are capable of skinning a man cutting inside and just having an attempt and that’s why they need to both play IMO. Also for the potential ball over the top.

I know we will suffer defensively a bit with Diallo in front of Tav but Diallo has done the business for Man Utd in the Europa League last season so I’d be content with letting him have a go at Dortmund tonight. Besides, if Jack is playing he can provide enough cover on the right hand side.

Gerrard would have 100% gone with Arfield on the right in front of Tav today so it will be interesting to see what Gio does.

I would play three CB's and Walter in Europe the life out of it and play for a low score or a draw, maybe nick something from a set piece.

Tav Sands Goldson Bassey Barasic

Strangle the life out the game, make Messi greet again.

Back