Boyd on sky

Throwing something at someone is an assault but, it being Griffiths, nothing will be done. On the other hand, a Rangers player shaking his fist in celebration will get booked. What a sick wee country we have become.

poets on Twitter raging... because Leigh has mental health issues and that was the reason for throwing tape. Oh, and why did Sky not have an ex Celt doing punditry? Chris [sic] Boyd is a dsgrace
If his behaviour was due to known mental health issues, surely he should not have been selected for the playing squad? And surely he should not be selected again until certified by a (qualified) psychiatrist that he can be responsible for his actions.

Morelos would be hit with a fine, a suspension and Rangers would be looking at a disciplinary charge for failing to control one of their players.

Not a peep from any bheggar or media outlet as it's one of their darling bheggar players.

Lennon has hit out at the abuse aimed at Celtic forward Leigh Griffiths
But Griff appeared to throw sock tape towards a home punter after being subbed - with cops moving in to calm things.
The SFA could look at the incident but Lenny insists he is INNOCENT and vowed to back him.
He said: "Leigh's behaviour tonight was top class - as was his performance.
"He threw a bit of tape on the ground. I don't know how you can say he threw it at somebody or towards somebody.

"People take off tape and throw it away so to me there is nothing in it.
"Was he spoken to after the game? No.
"I asked him if anything went on and he said 'No' and he was backed up by his team-mates.
"If there is going to be something made of this then I will be at the front of the queue backing him up
""Leigh was taking some unsavoury abuse and he didn't react in a malicious way at all.
"He's not the perpetrator - the abuse was totally uncalled for.
“He was backed up by myself and his team-mates on the bench.
“I thought his behaviour tonight was exemplary. He didn’t do anything wrong.

"People can blow it up but it was NOTHING.
“He always seems to get controversy surrounding him but I’ll back him to the hilt on this one.
"The kid had played well, he hadn’t got himself into any bother on the pitch.
“He goes and sits down and gets abuse from supporters.
"In this day and age, we have to accept that and behave in a sanitised way. He did.
“You’re looking for a story that’s just not there. If there is a story, I’ll back him and defend him to the hilt."
That's absolutely incredible.

I tried to write a reply detailing what we already know, but I just deleted it. My brain simply won't write a coherent explanation for the hypocrisy - that's how much of a joke it is.

Watch as most of the SMSM play it down. While a couple of weeks ago they talked up a game over guesture

Ach, you can't compare what Morelos did with what Griffith's did.

I mean this is our country and Morelos should just be thankful we let him in.

He has got the online Celtic fans in quite a tizz over his comments, which is nice!

Just saw that! They're going over the top with the mental health stuff as Boyd has his own mental health charity. The mental thing about it, is that he'll no doubt get away with it.

never mind the spoiled brat of a man child that is griffiths, the media if they had any balls whatsoever should be ripping lennon apart for that ludicrous defense of the rat

Good to see them being called out, but we need more ex-players to back us in the media instead of trying to be everyone's friend

poets on Twitter raging... because Leigh has mental health issues and that was the reason for throwing tape. Oh, and why did Sky not have an ex Celt doing punditry? Chris [sic] Boyd is a dsgrace

Heard similar from the poets in my work this morning. Boyd is a disgrace for singling out a man with mental health issues. Just replied with mental health issues are no excuse for being an arsehole.

Had on sky sports news this morning and not one mention of the incident. Could you imagine if it was Alfredo it would be on repeat non stop

You just know if Griffiths was American he’d live in a trailer park and shoot squirrels and beer cans to pass the time.

Could be worse. He could have shot the crowd with an imaginary gun.....oh aye that is worse according to kheevans and co

It appears to me that someone has had a word in his ear.

Last 3 times at live games he has actually went out his way re Morelos. The fact that he has utterly enraged them after last night is a start. Only a start though, he has a long way to go for me before full redemption.

I wonder why the change in Kris Boyd. Did he feel like he had to be compliant to them before? I feel like he went a bit too out of his way for it to just be this. Or has he now decided that we're better and possible title winners that he can back and stick up for us.

Boyd has really started speaking up for Rangers and questioning the agenda against us. Hopefully it continues

They have started a Kris Boyd witch hunt about this, wanting him sacked to deflect from that we rats actions

Crocker is 100% right, but that is hardly the issue. In the context of what has gone on previously it is totally unacceptable and Griffiths should be censured.
Unless of course Celtic and Rangers are "held to a different standard?"

Well done for speaking out Boyd. Could see Steve Clark squirming beside you as you posed the question as to whether those berating Alfie would comment in a similar vein.

Said love to see the same people that gave Alfredo stick for last 3 weeks see what the say about thumb head becouse that’s wrong doing what he did just as bad Alfredo

Fair play to Boyd. Gets a lot of stick on here at times. Might not be the brightest but he's always had the bollocks to speak his mind.

Back