Brazilians to play for Rangers..

Emerson Thome played a couple of games on trial did he not?

17-07-03-emerson-thome-in-action-for-rangers-728783.jpg

soccer-friendly-vfb-auerbach-v-glasgow-rangers-GB2WEY.jpg

Absolutely no recollection of the Emerson Thome thing at all. What games did he play in, pre-season I take it?

Played on a pre season tour of Germany in 2003 along with David May.

Thome was supposedly a stand out performer for us on the tour, was told he was getting a contract and then heard nothing from us before we signed Henning Berg instead. Eventually went to Bolton, finished 8th with them and played in a cup final that season

Alan Wright arrived in Germany to sign a deal, only to be told that he was on trial. He promptly turned around and left.

That was a bizarre time all around. Three proven Premier League players and we wanted to get them in on trial. We knew how good these guys were. It made no sense to fúck them about like that.

I have entirely forgotten about that! How did the signing even come about. Seems strange...

Can’t even remember, jurt have a picture in my head of him being in the rangers news and advocaat speaking highly of him only for him to be released

Thome was supposedly a stand out performer for us on the tour, was told he was getting a contract and then heard nothing from us before we signed Henning Berg instead. Eventually went to Bolton, finished 8th with them and played in a cup final that season

Alan Wright arrived in Germany to sign a deal, only to be told that he was on trial. He promptly turned around and left.

That was a bizarre time all around. Three proven Premier League players and we wanted to get them in on trial. We knew how good these guys were. It made no sense to fúck them about like that.

That was a strange summer and the start of the real cost cutting.

Amoruso and Numan were already away and then we pratt about replacing them. I was convinced that Thome would be great for Rangers.

That was a strange summer and the start of the real cost cutting.

Amoruso and Numan were already away and then we pratt about replacing them. I was convinced that Thome would be great for Rangers.

Remember the Luciano Figueroa shambles as well that summer ? Rosario Central's president said that Bain was the most unprofessional man he had ever encountered and was only interested in telling everyone how expensive his shoes were...

Remember the Luciano Figueroa shambles as well that summer ? Rosario Central's president said that Bain was the most unprofessional man he had ever encountered and was only interested in telling everyone how expensive his shoes were...

Christ didnt he go on to be an Argentinian international - crazy the amount of good players we could of signed and the amount of shite we actually did

Christ didnt he go on to be an Argentinian international - crazy the amount of good players we could of signed and the amount of shite we actually did

Still plays out In Thailand or something like that, must be close to 40

15 caps, 9 goals.

Played in the Copa America, the Olympics and the Confederations Cup for them

Scored 4 goals at the Confedarations Cup.

I'm sure the day Bolton played Middlesbrough in the League Cup final we had and Old Firm and Emerson Thome was in the paper saying "I'd rather be at Rangers than playing in the final" or something along those lines.

Latest posts

Back