Brentford

That's WBA shat the bed, Brentford only 3 points behind now with a superior goal difference.

Leeds need a result against Swansea tomorrow or they will be in the same position.

They have used the French market to great effect in recent years.

Benrahma (1.5m), Jeanvier (1.8m) and Mbuemo (5m) all playing great in current squad.

They also made a 18m profit on Neal Maupey who they signed from St Ettiene.

Since Matthew Benham took over they've gone from strength to strength. It would be remarkable if they made the EPL. I wouldn't bet against them staying up either.

Benham also has the majority stake in FC Midtyjlland and uses the same model of data analytics there (to great effect).
First time I heard this term used was The Oakland A's baseball club. There was a book written about it.

They have used the French market to great effect in recent years.

Benrahma (1.5m), Jeanvier (1.8m) and Mbuemo (5m) all playing great in current squad.

They also made a 18m profit on Neal Maupey who they signed from St Ettiene.

Been saying it on here for years. We should have tapped into that market. Some unbelievable bargains in Lig 2 and smaller Lig 1 teams

Benrahma cost under £2m.
Da Silva was a free from Arsenal.
Nørgaard was under £3m.
Mbeumo was a bit more at £5.5m.
Watkins under £2m.

Brentford are the best in that division that I have seen this season. I think that they will go up directly. They are unlikely to come straight back down

Benham and Tony Bloom were mates when they worked together in punting previously but went their own ways. Both done brilliantly.

Form team. Won six from six since the comeback. I also think they will go up automatically
That was in December I saw them. Been 1/2 wishing that they would be successful but they’ve been going like a train the last few moths. What is it eight matches without dropping a point?

As someone else said a proper football club full of locals and lacking glory hunters

I think we would mate.

Any Championship sides we've played in recent years, we always beat them comfortably, home or away.

Leeds are a good side and look like winning the league this season at long last, thankfully.

I think we're a better side than them though.

All about opinions though.
Comparing Leeds’ best 11 to our best 11, I honestly wouldn't take any of their players. Us and Celtic would walk the championship.

Brentford are a very good watch, hopefully they go up instead of West Brom

I take it you mean Leeds.

Rangers would win the Championship by a distance, as would the mentally challengeds, Porto, Braga, Feyenoord, Young Boys etc.

No i mean Rangers.

We wouldn't win it by a distance

Im Leeds bear because I live here. Im all Glasgow

No i mean Rangers.

We wouldn't win it by a distance

Im Leeds bear because I live here. Im all Glasgow

Is there many players at the level of Morelos, Barisic etc. Plying their trade in the Championship?

I'll be honest I don't watch much of it but I would be surprised and that Leeds centre half that plays for Scotland doesn't look up to much.

Draws have killed west brom. They should be miles clear with that squad. Bilic really isn't all that.

Think them and leeds will both bottle it and the two west london clubs will snatch the automatic places.

Also, it's a shame we arent allowed fans at games as we could potentially be in line for cardiff/Swansea or a west London derby in the playoffs.

Is there many players at the level of Morelos, Barisic etc. Plying their trade in the Championship?

I'll be honest I don't watch much of it but I would be surprised and that Leeds centre half that plays for Scotland doesn't look up to much.

I like Watkins at Brentford. Not a massive fan of Cooper the Leeds centre half but his partner Ben White is going to be top class imo, Interesting to see where he ends up.

They have been superb. It will be a real shame if they miss out on going up this year as they may never have as good a season again.

Austin and Mitrovic would be clear favs to score most goals in the SPFL next season if they moved this Summer. Ollie Watkins would have an absolute field day as well.

Last edited:
Austin and Mitrovic would be clear favs to score most goals in Scotland next season if they moved this Summer. Ollie Watkins would have an absolute field day as well.

Watkins cost Brentford less than £2m from Exeter. Great bit of business for them.

West Brom win next v Fulham they are up for me, can’t see them not getting 4 points against Hudds and QPR, even a draw v Fulham you’d still be confident of them winning their final 2.

I think Brentford will get promoted in automatic promotion spot.Playing cracking football.
I can’t see Leeds blowing the title.

Three points behind with a far better GD. WBA play Fulham on Tuesday other than that their fixtures look very winnable. Huddersfield(a) QPR(h).

Brentford have PNE(h), Stoke(h) Barnsley(h). The way they are playing at the moment nine points there looks a real possibility.

Fair play to them for closing down what was a gap of double figures(iirc) at one point, to three points.
They may run out of games, but they have the form of champions, and one more slip from (I suspect) West Brom; and they`ll be waiting to take advantage.
To everyone outwith fans of the top two, it would be great to see them get promotion in the final season at Griffin Park.

Fair play to them for closing down what was a gap of double figures(iirc) at one point, to three points.
They may run out of games, but they have the form of champions, and one more slip from (I suspect) West Brom; and they`ll be waiting to take advantage.
To everyone outwith fans of the top two, it would be great to see them get promotion in the final season at Griffin Park.

Leeds and WBA both dropped points around about Xmas time and Fulham really should have taken advantage of that tbh. Brentford are flying and if they miss out they look red hit favs for the playoff promo spot.

Back