Brian Laudrup: "Deep In My Heart I'm Still A Rangers Man"

Much like Barrie McKay, he wanted to leave to try something new. Hindsight would suggest that Murray should've taken the money that was offered.
I know if wanted to leave, just meaning if he never, him signing a new contract would've have us some boost that season.

Much like Barrie McKay, he wanted to leave to try something new. Hindsight would suggest that Murray should've taken the money that was offered.

No the difference was that McKay wasn't in the same class as Lauders, and we got service from a wonderful footballer, who tried everytime he wore the blue jersey.

The most talented and consistent Rangers player I have seen in our light blue jersey and this is from someone how holds Davie Cooper so dear to his heart. Brain is still without doubt a Ranger through and through and only wants what's best for our football club.

Just wonderful. A truly brilliant player.

I feel so honoured to have been able to watch him week after week through his entire Rangers career.

I rarely greet but when we look back at the talent that has had the honor of playing for us I could greet today. Brian will always be a bloody legend and I am away for a packet of kleenex.

Downed tools slightly in his last season but even that can't dampen what a special player he was for us.
I always remember the Hearts game at a Ibrox in terrible conditions and him being subbed off, felt like such a fall from grace at the time but what a player he was for us.

This thread confirms why Rangers are supporting the LBGT thing judging by some of the comments Ffs. :D

Legend and the best player we’ve had.

Privileged to have had a season ticket throughout Brian Laudrup's 4 seasons. Never realised at that time quite how lucky I was to be watching him ply his trade at Rangers.

I felt truly privileged to watch him in our team. I took Baxter for granted and when he left, our world fell apart. So, when Laudrup came along I knew I had to cherish every single moment. And to top it off, watching him at Tannadice to clinch NIAR was beyond special.

I felt truly privileged to watch him in our team. I took Baxter for granted and when he left, our world fell apart. So, when Laudrup came along I knew I had to cherish every single moment. And to top it off, watching him at Tannadice to clinch NIAR was beyond special.

2uelkrt.gif

Last edited:
For all you young Bears who were not old enough to see Brian Laudrup play - believe me , this man was THE greatest foreign player to play in Scotland. Take no nonsense from the scum when they talk of Larsson. Good as he was there really was no competition. It was a privilege to have him at our club for those 4 seasons, and I wish we had someone with even a half of his skill today.

For all you young Bears who were not old enough to see Brian Laudrup play - believe me , this man was THE greatest foreign player to play in Scotland. Take no nonsense from the scum when they talk of Larsson. Good as he was there really was no competition. It was a privilege to have him at our club for those 4 seasons, and I wish we had someone with even a half of his skill today.

16ksv7s.gif

Reactions: ao2

agree . and i'd put gascoigne above larsson as well

Reactions: ao2

Hear hear

Tremendous as Larsson was he needed service too.

Brian Laudrup could pick the ball up in his own half and before you knew it he’d beaten 3 or 4 players and laid on a goal or scored himself. He was unstoppable on top form, genuinely unstoppable, teams tried everything and he’d skin them week in week out.

When I was younger my dad and grandad would tell me wonderful stories of Shearer, Baxter and all those legends and wished I had seen them play.... But how lucky was I that I watched Mr Brian Laudrup, firsthand, perform his magic with the worlds most successful team... Hopefully it will be my turn in a good few years telling stories to my grandkids of the wonder of Laudrup WATP

Laudrup: God, Prince of Denmark, and the most handsome man to ever to play the game.

As God, he then decides to float into a non descript country to be the greatest player for the greatest team.

Nutshell, innit.

My mate was at a Q&A with Richard Gough and asked him whats it was like to train and play with Brian Laudrup? Gough wasn't phased by the question and told evreyone how great it was.

Back