Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules for us entering Denmark from Sweden is that all we need to do is either show a negative test or that you've been double jabbed.

I'm fine with that, but the sooner this nonsense is over the better.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding:-

Travelling to Denmark you'll need proof of double vaccination (phone the NHS and they'll send it out) and that's all. Easy.

Returning to the UK:-

You'll need a negative PCR test upto 72 hours before your flight, so for example if you return on the Friday afternoon take it on the Wednesday before you go and get the results emailed/texted to you.

You also need a day 2 test booked for your passenger locator form to get back into the UK with the day 2 reference on it as proof.
Thats the only part worrying me

my luck it would come back positive and be stuck :))

According to Gov.co.uk you don’t need to test at all going IN to Denmark if you’re fully vaccinated.

But coming back to say, Manchester, you need to take a test in Denmark within 72 hours of your flight.

Does it have to be in Denmark or would a test done in the a UK taken prior to departure be valid?

Does it have to be in Denmark or would a test done in the a UK taken prior to departure be valid?
It would be valid i am sure

however you might not get the results until you are in copenhagen and if postive you are snookered

thats the only part worrying me at the
moment

Hopefully some of this has eased by the time the game comes around. Btw, what’s the set up with the PCR tests? Do they post them out to you and you post them back or is it a walk in test facility you need to attend?

Hopefully some of this has eased by the time the game comes around. Btw, what’s the set up with the PCR tests? Do they post them out to you and you post them back or is it a walk in test facility you need to attend?
Would be handy if it is the walk in facility and wait and get the results the night before travelling

hope someone can clear it up?

heads pickled reading about different tests

This is from sport options site for West ham fans/ Croatia is in the green so same rules for Denmark
Our understanding of the rules is as follows. Although we must stress it is your own responsibility to check what you personally need to do.

For entry to Croatia you will need to show a negative Covid-19 antigen not older than 48 hours OR a negative PCR test result not older than 72 hours. You will also be required to fill out an online Passenger Locator Form (Croatia)

For entry back into the UK you will need to show a negative test result taken on any of the previous 3 days. This can be a PCR test, antigen or LAMP test. Since we will be returning to the UK within three days you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test. The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

Croatia is currently on the Green list for arrivals in the UK. This means you will need to book and pay for a "Day 2" Covid-19 test. Please make sure you have booked the right test as you will require your booking reference for your online Passenger Locator Form (UK) for Arrival in the UK.
This is correct as just back from Croatia a couple of weeks ago.

Just bit the bullet and booked up via BA. Edinburgh, London, Copenhagen, Wed-Fri. Had a fair few avios to use, so cost was pretty much peanuts ;)

Now just need a ticket and hotel :)
Fortunately we established the correct date before you booked it :))

Be some laugh doing a pcr test before coming home, nose will be full of the magic dust
Do it before you go seems to be the best way. I fly out on the Wednesday, so I’m hoping to arrange a test on the Tuesday for as late as possible so I’m still within the 72 hours come Friday. I just need to suss out the process of actually setting up a test now.

Do it before you go seems to be the best way. I fly out on the Wednesday, so I’m hoping to arrange a test on the Tuesday for as late as possible so I’m still within the 72 hours come Friday. I just need to suss out the process of actually setting up a test now.
Do the antigen home test on Wednesday and depending on your flights should be within the 48 hour window return?

I assume if you’re planning on the Sports Options overnight or day trip a test the night before you go will suffice?

Can’t you just do the lateral flow tests that get sent to your home? Do one morning of the flight and take a couple with you for before you come home?

Im in England, so I’m making assumptions re home kits. Happy to post some to folk if it’s a genuine option.

How does that work? Where does the test get sent?
You buy a test from say Coop Pharmacy online (£25). They send it to your home. You do a self test, take a photo of the test result and your passport, side by side, send it to the company who process the result (it shows negative in your photo). They send you a negative test certificate by email that is accepted throughout Europe.

I assume if you’re planning on the Sports Options overnight or day trip a test the night before you go will suffice?
It should for coming back but you will still need the day 2 PCR test once you are back.

The UK government are looking at reviewing the traffic light system though and the travel companies are pushing to scrap these tests to bring us in line with Europe for double jabbed according to the BBC

Thank you, bit steep IMO. Day trip with rangers wasn’t even that.
Day trip to Warsaw with Rangers Travel Club (Thomas Cook Sports)
was £499 plus match ticket at £21.
Porto for the group game was £459 for the one night stay with Sports Options,plus match ticket on top.

Last edited:
Can’t you just do the lateral flow tests that get sent to your home? Do one morning of the flight and take a couple with you for before you come home?

Im in England, so I’m making assumptions re home kits. Happy to post some to folk if it’s a genuine option.
no mate it needs to be done with an offical test company.

Its just one big money scam

NHS home tests are not accepted. Supposedly the certificate needs to be signed by a Medical Doctor.

You need to pay for an “official“ test.

Interested to hear what they say for that also, overnight is possibly on the day of the game so test on the Wednesday day before flight and that’s us I think?

I need to test every month for travelling between home and Kurdistan. Glasgow Airport do a walk in PCR test for £80 and results back in 24 hours (usually get it after about 8 hours).

You buy a test from say Coop Pharmacy online (£25). They send it to your home. You do a self test, take a photo of the test result and your passport, side by side, send it to the company who process the result (it shows negative in your photo). They send you a negative test certificate by email that is accepted throughout Europe.
Thanks for that buddy, my head is bursting with this and trying to sort out everything for Brondby as well.

some laugh trying to find test centres absoloutely mwi mind you
If you are not a Danish national, you can also get a test without an appointment.
If you need a written test result, you have to register yourself on covidresults.dk, and you will receive a barcode to have scanned at the test site

How to find corona test sites in the Capital Region of Denmark (in Danish)
You must wear a face mask at the test site, so remember to take one with you.

Test results

You can access your test result on covidresults.dk
Most people will get the result of their PCR test within 24-48 hours

The website is in Danish, but if you click the map and zoom in, it will show you all the locations where you can get tested, orange is lateral flow and blue is PCR. There are 2 really easy central locations which offer lateral flow tests.

If you are not a Danish national, you can also get a test without an appointment.
If you need a written test result, you have to register yourself on covidresults.dk, and you will receive a barcode to have scanned at the test site

How to find corona test sites in the Capital Region of Denmark (in Danish)
You must wear a face mask at the test site, so remember to take one with you.

Test results

You can access your test result on covidresults.dk
Most people will get the result of their PCR test within 24-48 hours

The website is in Danish, but if you click the map and zoom in, it will show you all the locations where you can get tested, orange is lateral flow and blue is PCR. There are 2 really easy central locations which offer lateral flow tests.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call a functioning health service.

I just couldn’t be annoyed with all this running about getting tests etc thats why I’m leaving any European trips until next year with the champions league

Please delete if this has been discussed or point me in the direction of the thread please.

I'm looking for some help or information re. Copenhagen for the Brondby game. At the moment, all I have booked is flights.

Has anyone been before and know of any potential areas the bears will meet before the game? I've only got 6 hours between landing and KO so I'm wanting to try and book a hotel somewhere close to where the party will be!
When i went to Brondby i got the train from central station to Glostrup which was 20mins, but its a good 45mins walk from there... quite a few of the FC Copenhagen and HSV guys will be joining the Rangers fans in Vesterbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back