Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Danes getting a bit tasty are the women. The wooden clogs are for sailing home when you fall into the canals pished.

For those worried about the covid tests for getting back into the UK, if you need one, they are free in the airport. All Danish airports have a test centre.
What type of tests are free in the airport?

It's just the quick test. The PCR you can get elsewhere but the results take 24-48 hours.
The PCR test is also free at a big tent just outside the airport. The results usually take around 16 - 24 hours.

It's looking highly likely that anyone fully vaccinated won't need a PCR test by November.

Last edited:
The PCR test is also free at a big tent just outside the airport. The results usually take around 16 - 24 hours.

It's looking highly likely that anyone fully vaccinated won't need a PCR test by November.
Are you not better getting one just before you go? If you get one there and it’s positive you’ve got 10 nights in Copenhagen isolation?

Also recommend getting the lateral flow pack. They are free from NHS. Do a couple of tests in the week before you go and if they are positive cancel hotel and flights as your PCR will almost certainly be positive. If negative you can be reasonably confident would be negative in PCR.

Are you not better getting one just before you go? If you get one there and it’s positive you’ve got 10 nights in Copenhagen isolation?

Also recommend getting the lateral flow pack. They are free from NHS. Do a couple of tests in the week before you go and if they are positive cancel hotel and flights as your PCR will almost certainly be positive. If negative you can be reasonably confident would be negative in PCR.
Good idea

To be honest I haven't got a clue. So many times over the last 18 months I've read contradictory reports on what you can/can't and should do... The rules are also changing all the time of course. I'm planning a few trips soon and I'm still not sure what I exactly need.

I'm 100% sure though that anyone who needs a PCR test in Denmark can get one free from a tent just outside Copenhagen airport and you get your results in just under a day.

I know it looks like the PCR testing will be scrapped soon but I’ve always got mine done at Glasgow Airport before I fly. It’s dearer at £80 but they’re really good and you get the result in about 3-hours.

I could be wrong here but are you not running a risk getting one abroad (for flying back into the UK) because if it comes up positive you aren’t getting on a flight, you’re not getting home and perhaps having to spend thousands isolating in an approved foreign hotel?
You don’t need tae take a PCR till at least 72 hrs later on return to the UK if your fully vaccinated

Current rules are there is no requirement for test to get into Denmark (if you are vaccinated).

You do however, currently need to order and pay for test to be taken on your return (this is likely to be cancelled by time game comes around, but SNP might still insist).

Coming back from Armenia the other week they were checking our test results before letting us board flight to the UK - I’m asking is it not a risk, if you don’t get it done before you fly out, if you got one over there to come back to the UK and it’s positive then you have a problem

unless the last 1 or 2 weeks they’ve scrapped the need for one to come back into the UK
The rules are atm I’m going to Copenhagen I need proof of double vaccination to get into Denmark paperform and on return to UK I won’t get back in Glasgow till 4am Saturday morning flight arrives Manchester at 22.40 I have 72hrs from then to book or take a PCR test

You’re meant to do 2 tests though

1 for coming back into the UK and 1 on day 2 after landing - the 72h is what a negative test lasts you for example if you fly somewhere that’s a negative pcr requirement for every on a Monday and get a negative right away and come back on Wednesday or before then that 1 test covers you for both
It doesn’t say anything about 2 tests on entry from Denmark to UK it says you will need to take a PCR test within 72hrs of arrival in the UK

To be honest I haven't got a clue. So many times over the last 18 months I've read contradictory reports on what you can/can't and should do... The rules are also changing all the time of course. I'm planning a few trips soon and I'm still not sure what I exactly need.

I'm 100% sure though that anyone who needs a PCR test in Denmark can get one free from a tent just outside Copenhagen airport and you get your results in just under a day.
What you say is true mate but getting the LFT is advisable before you go on amber code journeys where a positive test when there means you are pretty much fecked. LFT is very accurate if you are positive (only takes 30 mins to do at home) so you can change flights for other journey and cancel hotels if you are unfortunately positive.

If your LFT is negative before you go you can be reasonably confident your PCR will be negative in the foreign country so no isolation over there.

There are a few of us live here but I guess we will be doing a guide closer to the time.

In short, book a place in Vesterbro for bars, cafes and clunge.

Book a place in the city for a cold dark square and (more ) expensive beer / kitch Scottish and Irish pubs.

Whatever you do on away trips.
Vesterbro is my favourite too - took my ex there a few years ago and it was really good. Except for the company!

What you say is true mate but getting the LFT is advisable before you go on amber code journeys where a positive test when there means you are pretty much fecked. LFT is very accurate if you are positive (only takes 30 mins to do at home) so you can change flights for other journey and cancel hotels if you are unfortunately positive.

If your LFT is negative before you go you can be reasonably confident your PCR will be negative in the foreign country so no isolation over there.
Hopefully testing gone by time this comes along. Just spend £73 for Prague which was more than I’ve paid for any of my flights for all 3 matches.

Trip out:
Entry to Denmark – not fully vaccinated

If you are resident in the UK, you will be able to enter Denmark if you have a worthy purpose. You can see the list of worthy purposes on the Danish coronavirus website. You will need to provide evidence of your worthy purpose.

The Danish authorities require UK travellers to present proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before entry or an antigen test (maximum 48 hours old by time of entry).

You will also need:
  • To take a test on arrival and self-isolate for 10 days
  • If you arrive by air, you must obtain a test at the airport upon arrival
  • If you enter Denmark via a sea or land border, you must take a rapid test (antigen test) or PCR test no later than 24 hours after your time of entry
  • There is an option to test to release after 4 days with a PCR test
  • There are some exemptions including those delivering goods and services in /out of Denmark.
Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated UK residents or those previously infected with COVID-19 can enter Denmark for all purposes, without the need to test or self-isolate.

• Two weeks must have passed since your second dose and the vaccine must be one approved by the European Medicines Agency.
  • You must present proof that you have been fully vaccinated or previously infected.
For the journey back:

I've not seen anything about free PCR tests in Copenhagen but here's what they do do:

Price​

• PCR test: Falck is offering passengers a PCR test at a cost of DKK 1,050. The test has been approved by the Danish authorities in line with the test provided by the Capital Region of Denmark in their test centres across the country.
  • Antigen test: Falck also offers an antigen test at a cost of DKK 199 (£22).
  • Antibody test: Falck offers an antibody test at a cost of DKK 299 (£34).
The passenger receives a certificate (DK and UK) as a documentation for the test. svart

Response time​

• PCR test:4–6 hours at the earliest if the test is taken before 19:00 on weekdays and before 16:30 on Saturdays and Sundays. If the test is taken later, the certificate can be expected the next day between 12:00 and 13:00. The certificate can be sent by email in encrypted form and is best opened on a PC. A printed certificate can also be collected from Falck’s test centre in Terminal 2.
  • Antigen test: 15–30 minutes.
  • Antibody test: 15–30 minutes.

Trip out:
Entry to Denmark – not fully vaccinated

If you are resident in the UK, you will be able to enter Denmark if you have a worthy purpose. You can see the list of worthy purposes on the Danish coronavirus website. You will need to provide evidence of your worthy purpose.

The Danish authorities require UK travellers to present proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before entry or an antigen test (maximum 48 hours old by time of entry).

You will also need:
  • To take a test on arrival and self-isolate for 10 days
  • If you arrive by air, you must obtain a test at the airport upon arrival
  • If you enter Denmark via a sea or land border, you must take a rapid test (antigen test) or PCR test no later than 24 hours after your time of entry
  • There is an option to test to release after 4 days with a PCR test
  • There are some exemptions including those delivering goods and services in /out of Denmark.
Entry to Denmark - fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated UK residents or those previously infected with COVID-19 can enter Denmark for all purposes, without the need to test or self-isolate.

• Two weeks must have passed since your second dose and the vaccine must be one approved by the European Medicines Agency.
  • You must present proof that you have been fully vaccinated or previously infected.
For the journey back:

I've not seen anything about free PCR tests in Copenhagen but here's what they do do:

Price​

• PCR test: Falck is offering passengers a PCR test at a cost of DKK 1,050. The test has been approved by the Danish authorities in line with the test provided by the Capital Region of Denmark in their test centres across the country.
  • Antigen test: Falck also offers an antigen test at a cost of DKK 199 (£22).
  • Antibody test: Falck offers an antibody test at a cost of DKK 299 (£34).
The passenger receives a certificate (DK and UK) as a documentation for the test. svart

Response time​

• PCR test:4–6 hours at the earliest if the test is taken before 19:00 on weekdays and before 16:30 on Saturdays and Sundays. If the test is taken later, the certificate can be expected the next day between 12:00 and 13:00. The certificate can be sent by email in encrypted form and is best opened on a PC. A printed certificate can also be collected from Falck’s test centre in Terminal 2.
  • Antigen test: 15–30 minutes.
  • Antibody test: 15–30 minutes.
They say not to have a test in the next 90 day if you had Covid, how will that work with those who have had in that period?

When i went to Brondby i got the train from central station to Glostrup which was 20mins, but its a good 45mins walk from there... quite a few of the FC Copenhagen and HSV guys will be joining the Rangers fans in Vesterbro
What’s the story with Copenhagen? Seen a lot of their crests at HSV games.

I’ve booked, “Urban House Copenhagen by MEININGER” - anyone tell me if that’s decent area? Doesn’t seem to be much available near Vesterbro but that seems walking distance.

I fancied doing a tour of Copenhagen’s stadium later on the Wednesday / early on the Thursday morning to keep us out the pub but they’re only doing private tours for up to 40 people for ~£175. If could get a few to chip in happy to arrange.

I fancied doing a tour of Copenhagen’s stadium later on the Wednesday / early on the Thursday morning to keep us out the pub but they’re only doing private tours for up to 40 people for ~£175. If could get a few to chip in happy to arrange.

What time is it mate? I seen pubs are opened until about 0600 so not sure I'd like to commit to anything!

What time is it mate? I seen pubs are opened until about 0600 so not sure I'd like to commit to anything!
Not sure, think could set time with them. Here’s their reply:

“We only have private tours to the price of DKK 1.500,00.
Must be arranged with our guide - if this is of any interest for you please let us know.

You are always welcome to visit our FCK Fanshop, in the back of the shop we have a little
experience center.

Wish you a great time in Copenhagen.”

I’m now a night train to London on the Tuesday and Wednesday morning flight to Copenhagen so also thinking I might be burst haha!

Also didn’t realise we’re a 5.30pm kick off which makes it less than ideal.

Not sure, think could set time with them. Here’s their reply:

“We only have private tours to the price of DKK 1.500,00.
Must be arranged with our guide - if this is of any interest for you please let us know.

You are always welcome to visit our FCK Fanshop, in the back of the shop we have a little
experience center.

Wish you a great time in Copenhagen.”

I’m now a night train to London on the Tuesday and Wednesday morning flight to Copenhagen so also thinking I might be burst haha!

Also didn’t realise we’re a 5.30pm kick off which makes it less than ideal.

Thursday morning / lunch will all be about getting a curer!

I take my hat off to anyone still travelling these days. Too many last minute changes to travel restrictions for me to feel confident splashing out cash.

I take my hat off to anyone still travelling these days. Too many last minute changes to travel restrictions for me to feel confident splashing out cash.

Worst case scenario we lose £180 for flights, worth the risk for an away trip after too many years without one. All going well there’s no issues

I was thinking much the same but I’m flying from / to England and I’m hopeful the testing requirements will be gone by then, all the airlines are doing flexible tickets now so can cancel and get vouchers for use at a later date worst case.

I was thinking much the same but I’m flying from / to England and I’m hopeful the testing requirements will be gone by then, all the airlines are doing flexible tickets now so can cancel and use them at a later date worst case.
I'm right behind everyone going for it, just wish I still had the cajones to put myself up for it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back