Broomhill and Open Goal to part ways

It's almost as if it was just a whole publicity stunt that Ferry and that gimp of all gimps Slane just got bored off.

Open Goal was mildly enjoyable when it was just ferry interviewing people.

Completely ruined it when they brought that fud Slaney in closely followed by Kevin Kyle

Unwatchable now because of those two
Agreed.

Ferry, in a 1-1 situation is very good and he did a number of interviews with the likes of Coisty, Numan, Boyd, Fergie, Amo etc which are really worth checking out on Youtube.

Slane on the other hand is just a ned who wasted any football ability he had.

I really liked the interviews when Ferry first started doing them, but the format quickly became a bit stale and the questions very repetitive. I do think he comes across as a pretty sound guy though and I know from experience that he is proper serious about his coaching and working with young players.

Keeping the Ball on the Ground was always hit and miss for me and I just grew tired of the wee in jokes and playground humor, haven't listened to it in over a year so I've missed all of the OG Broomhill stuff.

Worth bearing in mind Broomhill split from BSC Glasgow in 2021, so this was always an uneasy alliance that both parties needed. Hopefully now means they both disappear forever.

Too many people hate the thought of others doing well.

Is it just a Scottish thing?

The amount of hatred towards a guy that the majority have probably never met is mental IMO.

If anything the whole Open Goal Broomhill 'project' has brought a new energy into the lower leagues. I'd much rather have something like that where there's at least a bit of ambition instead of the same old teams who are just happy surviving in the league system for another year.

So he's went from 1st team coach at Peterhead, to managing Broomhill in the Lowland League to AM at Darvel in the WoS Premier League.

Some decline.

Not really.

Any capable coach should easily have got Broomhill into the playoffs with that budget.

Ferry is a decent guy though (for a mentally challenged but he doesn’t hide that).

He’s referenced before that he was offered the Peterhead manager position but turned it down to take on the OGB gig.

For someone who sees himself as a full time manager, surely the assistant job at Darvel is a backwards step, regardless of the money they have?

He’s referenced before that he was offered the Peterhead manager position but turned it down to take on the OGB gig.

For someone who sees himself as a full time manager, surely the assistant job at Darvel is a backwards step, regardless of the money they have?
He’s maybe realised he doesn’t have it to be a full time manager

Is it just a Scottish thing?

The amount of hatred towards a guy that the majority have probably never met is mental IMO.

If anything the whole Open Goal Broomhill 'project' has brought a new energy into the lower leagues. I'd much rather have something like that where there's at least a bit of ambition instead of the same old teams who are just happy surviving in the league system for another year.

Not really.

How would you describe his coaching/management career so far?

Agreed.

Ferry, in a 1-1 situation is very good and he did a number of interviews with the likes of Coisty, Numan, Boyd, Fergie, Amo etc which are really worth checking out on Youtube.

He behaves like a child.
Irritating / annoying guy.
Wastes all of the podcasts in my opinion.
Ferry should ditch him.

Agreed.

I would suggest that describing him as good is a fair stretch but that early format worked really well IMO.

The gravitas of those he was 'interviewing' carried the show and I include the non-Rangers stars too. He should go back to that. The likes of McAvennie, Kyle and Slaney became stale and boring quite quickly. Even listening to Derek Ferguson became dull as it was the same old cliches and soundbites.

So what becomes of Broomhill FC now? Will they continue playing at Broadwood?

I find it a bit shady of Open Goal to pick-up up a team like this, change so much about them and then just ditch them twelve months later.

Broomhill needed this to be fair.

They are a complete non entity of a club. They were initially formed as a senior team as part of Broomhill Sports Club in the west end of Glasgow to give players within their youth section a pathway to playing Senior football however they separated from BSC and there is now another BSC playing in the lower tiers of the West of Scotland leagues.

Broomhill have no fans and were playing home games at Alloa with barely any crowd, the whole agreement with Open Goal worked well for them aswell.

Realistically without open goal there will be no sustainable future from Broomhill as a club and I wouldn’t be surprised if they disappear in a year or two

He is just trying to be a manager sadly.

Heard him say
“If we play like that every week lads , nobody will live with us”

Guess that never happened.

Have you ever been in a changing room?

What do you expect the manager to say?

If your team had just played well, what's wrong with saying if they keep that up they'll continue to get good results?

If Rangers get a good result with a good performance what do you think he'll say to the players afterwards?

Have you ever been in a changing room?

What do you expect the manager to say?

If your team had just played well, what's wrong with saying if they keep that up they'll continue to get good results?

If Rangers get a good result with a good performance what do you think he'll say to the players afterwards?
Why are you always so defensive of Si ferry and open goal?

When we were winning 55 it was an amusing listen at times but I don't really want to hear them discuss how good Celtic are compared to us etc etc so don't tend to bother with it much now.

they then started a podcast weekly about open goal. Even shoehorning Andy Hallidays brother on it.

Presumably to keep all the Broomhill chat to there.

Then the normal podcasts also had a portion linked to it as well couldn’t escape it.

Really hope they still do the podcasts. Usually a good laugh despite the miserable, bitter folk on here kidding on they despise it because some of the people on it support Celtic.
It's shite because they're a bunch of dumbasses.

The fact that most of them are tramps is just the icing on the cake.

I don't think things like that work.

Back in the 00s it was My Football Club and the takeover of Ebbsfleet. That fizzled out. Turns out that you can't really reduce football clubs to little more than oddball curios and expect people to buy into them.

On a much bigger scale it'll be interesting to see how the Wrexham thing pans out.

Because I'm not a sad, bitter, hate filled clown?

I've always paid attention to the juniors etc. Know a lot of guys still playing at that level and it's been refreshing seeing something new in Scottish football, ie. Open Goal.

Why do so many people dislike him?
I couldn’t care less about him tbh but I can understand why a show gushing about the mentally challengeds presented by mentally challengeds made by mentally challengeds gets grief on a Rangers forum.

All that yet still clueless. Brilliant.

Played 10 years? or 10 clubs? at junior level yet you don't think junior teams would offer anything to senior football. Extremely bizarre.
You just following me around disagreeing?
10 years.
No I don’t think they would , nothing bizarre about it, just an opinion.

Latest posts

Back