Broomhill and Open Goal to part ways

I couldn’t care less about him tbh but I can understand why a show gushing about the mentally challengeds presented by mentally challengeds made by mentally challengeds gets grief on a Rangers forum.

Halliday
Derek Ferguson
Kenny Miller

All regulars on the show.

Then you can have a list as long as your arm for the ex Rangers players they've had on.

Aye, they go on about Ange a fair bit due to the success he's having in Scotland. They were also raving about Rangers during our 55 season and our Europa League run. Doesn't fit the narrative on here though.

they then started a podcast weekly about open goal. Even shoehorning Andy Hallidays brother on it.

Presumably to keep all the Broomhill chat to there.

Then the normal podcasts also had a portion linked to it as well couldn’t escape it.
I am sure Robbie Halliday is the coach of the under 20's / Dev team @ Broomhill.

Broomhill are now done - as others have said no real fan base / no ground and no money backer - so don't see a bright future for them.

As for Ferry i don't mind him - he's older interviews were great - the stuff with Slaney / Derek Ferguson and Kevin Kyle - less so.

Halliday
Derek Ferguson
Kenny Miller

Then you can have a list as long as your arm for the ex Rangers players they've had on.

Aye, they go on about Ange a fair bit due to the success he's having in Scotland. They were also raving about Rangers during our 55 season and our Europa League run. Doesn't fit the narrative on here though.

Not gonna lie. Listened to Open Goal a few times and think it's pretty pish.

Not a hate filled clown. Just an opinion.

People can like different things. It's cool. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

Nothing to do with being uber staunch.

Not gonna lie. Listened to Open Goal a few times and think it's pretty pish.

Not a hate filled clown. Just an opinion.

People can like different things. It's cool. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

Nothing to do with being uber staunch.

That's absolutely fine though, people have different tastes.

I just find the hatred towards the guys on it quite bizarre tbh.

I am sure Robbie Halliday is the coach of the under 20's / Dev team @ Broomhill.

Broomhill are now done - as others have said no real fan base / no ground and no money backer - so don't see a bright future for them.

As for Ferry i don't mind him - he's older interviews were great - the stuff with Slaney / Derek Ferguson and Kevin Kyle - less so.

I found the statement quite strange...Broomhill seem to think that things will still progress with them on and off the pitch, whereas I think most people think that as soon as Open Goal move on, Broomhill will go back to being a nothing club.

Halliday
Derek Ferguson
Kenny Miller

I like the pods but absolutely cannot stand Derek Ferguson.

I watched that hot wings challenge thing Derek Ferguson done. He was clearly blootered and new nothing about any of the quiz questions.

That's absolutely fine though, people have different tastes.

I just find the hatred towards the guys on it quite bizarre tbh.

I found the statement quite strange...Broomhill seem to think that things will still progress with them on and off the pitch, whereas I think most people think that as soon as Open Goal move on, Broomhill will go back to being a nothing club.

A lot of it was focused on their social media outreach as a result of the link with Open Goal. This will be key for them as they try and attract new sponsors. Sponsorship will be key for them as they have no fan base. So their online reach is the main way of trying to attract new sponsorship.

The idea of Open Goal is fine. There are some fantastic content creators out there. Folk who do brilliant podcasts, youtube videos or (in the past) wrote for fanzines. If they'd stuck to that then Open Goal is decent enough. Getting involved in the running of a club is too far from them. I'd imagine that their end goal was to create some kind of media buzz/access around the club and to generate money that way. But thats not really how football works. Nobody is going to start following Broomhill Sports Club because Open Goal turn them into a YouTube channel curio.

The idea of Open Goal is fine. There are some fantastic content creators out there. Folk who do brilliant podcasts, youtube videos or (in the past) wrote for fanzines. If they'd stuck to that then Open Goal is decent enough. Getting involved in the running of a club is too far from them. I'd imagine that their end goal was to create some kind of media buzz/access around the club and to generate money that way. But thats not really how football works. Nobody is going to start following Broomhill Sports Club because Open Goal turn them into a YouTube channel curio.

I think the attendance figures show that they will. They obviously won't be long term fans but 1500 at a game is massive for all involved.

I really liked the tv show never really bother with any talking/podcasts but liked the Broomhill show.

Ferry turns into Pep knows everything, tbf i think most people would in that position with tv following them around. Hes got to show some belief and confidence.

Hes sent us aff i never really done any-in, well i did.... i called the ref a doughbaw.

I think they were essentially hoping to attract fans of other clubs who watch their content to come to games - and they tried to get as many games as they could on Friday nights so it wouldn’t impact on folk going and watching their own teams.

I think they did have delusions of grandeur as they were talking about selling out broadwood which was never going to happen, but their early attendances were ok. I think they expected a bit higher though based on them selling out the Hydro for their live shows.

I didn’t really like what they did with Broomhill though so I’m glad to see it coming to an end, as interesting as the Crossing The Line documentary is. Think it made a bit of a mockery of the league

Apparently on the coaching staff, was at training with Darvel yesterday so I'd say it's happening.
A know he is pals with mick Kennedy and he was trying a while back to get him to sign but am still surprised he is taking step back to go there as a assistant, my guess with broomhill is not happy with the budget for next season or the budget has been cut

A know he is pals with mick Kennedy and he was trying a while back to get him to sign but am still surprised he is taking step back to go there as a assistant, my guess with broomhill is not happy with the budget for next season or the budget has been cut

Was there not talks about a league restructure in the pyramid system? I heard Mick Kennedy mention it on his recent Open Goal appearance.

If Darvel had the opportunity to join that then it wouldn't surprise me if Si Ferry went there with him.

Back