Brown nullified Morelos

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
After all the run ins they have had Morelos had the chance to make a fool out of Brown, with Brown in central defence, but no he reverts to Alfie of old. All it took was a few subtle nudges from Brown and Morelos was more interested in trying to barge him than get the ball and go past him.

I have no idea what the management team have done to Morelos since we signed Roofe but he is a shadow of the player we had, and in all honesty not good enough.

I don’t know if he has taken the huff with the signing of Roofe and not being the main man or if it’s too many nights in Sanctuary but he needs to get his finger out.

After all the run ins they have had Morelos had the chance to make a fool out of Brown, with Brown in central defence, but no he reverts to Alfie of old. All it took was a few subtle nudges from Brown and Morelos was more interested in trying to barge him than get the ball and go past him.

I have no idea what the management team have done to Morelos since we signed Roofe but he is a shadow of the player we had, and in all honesty not good enough.

I don’t know if he has taken the huff with the signing of Roofe and not being the main man or if it’s too many nights in Sanctuary but he needs to get his finger out.
That the same Morelos who scored?

If it wasn’t for Morelos we would be behind Celtic, the issue is the lack of service he’s getting but aye, Morelos, always the whipping boy.

He’s playing against a back 5 with no pace around him. Anyone could’ve marked him out the game. He also scored so nullified is a bit harsh

Hes been gash the last two years, even before we signed Roofe. The problem lies with Morelos, not Roofe.

The old morelos rag dolls brown tonight and gets us the win

Still can't believe he played cb scored and got hes team a point. Raging

Morelos has had no support or service this season Roofe is not good enough and we need Kent fit and on form
I agree to an extent about Roofe. I think the way we are using him is not good enough. He seems a penalty box striker, a poacher. Not part of a front 3 being made to run channels and go out wide.

Thought we nullified Morelos by our pish poor service tbh. Unfortunately Brown was the best player on the park tonight though
As he has been on countless occasions when playing for the filth, I just don't get it, an average at best midfielder who for some reason completely dominated most games he has played against us.

You could've put Jimmy Bell at centre half for Aberdeen tonight and he would've strolled it. Easy to play against strikers who don't want to move. How Roofe lasted as long as he did I'll never know.

Two years ago we'd fire balls up to Morelos who'd rag doll and spin defenders for fun. He's lost that.

Two attackers who like to come short playing up top together. Personally I don’t get it, it never really looks like a particularly fruitful partnership.

You could've put Jimmy Bell at centre half for Aberdeen tonight and he would've strolled it. Easy to play against strikers who don't want to move. How Roofe lasted as long as he did I'll never know.

Two years ago we'd fire balls up to Morelos who'd rag doll and spin defenders for fun. He's lost that.
We force him so deep that’s he no longer our out ball, that only changed when we finally made some substitutions

Morelos did seem to get involved a lot with him. Not saying brown wasn't antagonising but a few times Morelos would have been better walking away

If we tweaked the shape with 2 up top and Hagi sitting in behind them then Brown would’ve had to step up or Hagi would’ve had plenty of space to open things up, that’s where he’s at his best.

Playing out wide is pointless as he’s no pace and drifts out of the game a lot, he is a 60/70 minute player also.

Alfie hasn’t been great but our sideways passing midfield and lack of pace are leaving him starved of service. Roofe only seems to be effect when he’s the main striker.

We need to feed Morelos the ball more. He comes deep a lot now - probably as a tactic - but I would rather he was right in about the centre halves doing what he does best. I like Roofe but did not think he played well tonight

Knew there’d be what? Someone to point out that he scored therefore actually wasn’t nullified?

Unless someone claims we nullified Brown I’m not sure what this goal has to do with anything.

Look if you think Morelos got the better of Brown fire away. He created nothing himself or from open play. Anyone can score A goal. Morelos is sitting on the same amount of league goals as David Turnbulll for Christ sake.

Brown was finished as a midfielder years ago, he was only getting a game on reputation, a make shift centre half, a strikers dream, he never gave Morelos a sniff, but hey Morelos did score 1, from a set piece where Brown wasn’t even his marker. I’d say Brown nullified Morelos.

Aberdeen have had 2 clean sheets in 18 competitive matches this season. Almost everyone scores against them, even Raith Rovers put 2 passed them.

Someone in our team should have got stuck in to Brown. It was obvious to everyone what he was going to try and get Morelos involved with and we never had one player willing to put him in his place.

Look if you think Morelos got the better of Brown fire away. He created nothing himself or from open play. Anyone can score A goal. Morelos is sitting on the same amount of league goals as David Turnbulll for Christ sake.

Brown was finished as a midfielder years ago, he was only getting a game on reputation, a make shift centre half, a strikers dream, he never gave Morelos a sniff, but hey Morelos did score 1, from a set piece where Brown wasn’t even his marker. I’d say Brown nullified Morelos.

Aberdeen have had 2 clean sheets in 18 competitive matches this season. Almost everyone scores against them, even Raith Rovers put 2 passed them.
Weird time to have a go at Morelos and start praising Scott Brown, there was far worse players than Morelos tonight and at least he actually contributed something.

Someone in our team should have got stuck in to Brown. It was obvious to everyone what he was going to try and get Morelos involved with and we never had one player willing to put him in his place.
Arfield had a decent tackle on him later on, we really miss the bite of Scotty Arfield at times

Back