Bury FC phoenix club

In the worst year of our lives...football wise anyway.

You will never know how much this means to all Bury fans.

You are true football people and LOYAL with it...!

I've never had as many goose bumps in my life.

Simply the best.

How confident are you that this will be a success?

I hope you get to see your team play again as football gives us all an outlet from the worries in life. I’m sure I can say on behalf of all Rangers fans we hope to be looking out for your results when football starts again. Best wishes, you are all welcome at Ibrox.

How confident are you that this will be a success?

I hope you get to see your team play again as football gives us all an outlet from the worries in life. I’m sure I can say on behalf of all Rangers fans we hope to be looking out for your results when football starts again. Best wishes, you are all welcome at Ibrox.
Success will be having a football team representing the town of Bury and I'm 100% confident we'll have that. I'd love Bury FC to be saved and eventually merged with Bury AFC and do a Wimbledon, to show we won't take this lying down and we won't be beaten by crooks and conmen and organisations that don't care about lower league football.

The challenge though, will be how far we can move up the leagues on our fan base. Not only do we have Man Utd and Man City down the road but a host of other local clubs (similar to Glasgow's smaller towns/suburbs). Not only that but also Football Club of Manchester (you may remember a few Man Utd fans broke away from their club due to the Glazers) and the Salford City Vanity Club (Class of '92 and all that shit)...both clubs have relatively small crowds (even smaller than ours) but they do take fans off us. Salford, for example, is now our nearest league club.

I'm sure you'll be aware the Neville brothers are involved with Salford, both Bury lads, their Mum, our club secretary and their Dad (RIP) former commercial director. And whilst I don't want to talk ill of the dead, he made the catastrophic decision (when there was at least one better option) to basically hand the club over in 2013 to Stewart Day, a deluded property developer from Yorkshire who didn’t even support Bury...I know, I despair. I don't think he put one penny of his own money into the club. He said he'd cleared the debts...the truth was he'd put all the debt (only about £750K) onto a loan, secured against the ground (previously mortgage free) at rates of around 138%.

He just went mental then, siphoning money from his property business into the club, setting up a car park investment scam, borrowing more money on the ground...whilst him and/or others taking introductory fees of going on for £1M. We were making losses of £2.5M a year...it was just sheer lunacy. Our overall debts rocketed up to massive levels, for a club of our size. Talk about being built on sand...

Day resigned after 5 or 6 years, 'for family reasons' and said he'd left the club in a stronger financial state. A total lie. His so-called 'property empire', then went bust within days/weeks owing millions of pounds. The Car Park scam raised £3M and went down with his property business, even though it's our car park. The offer was £10K a plot, at 9% interest with the promise of all money back in 5/10 years. Unregulated, of course, and it was obvious what was going to happen and it did....I know people who have lost their life savings. Day and his sidekick Glenn Thomas are utter scum.

Then to top it off, Steve Dale took over (introduced by his good mate Glenn Thomas would you believe?) saying he'd just recovered from leukaemia and wanted a second chance in life, to put back into the community. Claims of £3M put into the club, with our training facilities to be renovated with accommodation, swimming pools...you name it, for underprivileged kids. It soon turned out to be all lies...he was an asset stripper; put the club's computers and furniture and all our trophies/memorabilia (fortunately these are hidden from him) into newly set up companies, of which he and his son are sole directors. He then stopped paying the players and staff; whilst bullying non playing staff to resign. The rest is history and I don't really want to go there but he really is the scum of the earth. The leukaemia story wasn't even true (I've loads of evidence from past employees, non Bury related, confirming he just used as a sympathy vote). What sort of animal does that?

When I confronted him at a pre-season friendly last year, he threatened to 'rip my fcukin' face off.'

So we've been shafted left, right and centre for 7 years, including by the EFL...who didn't give a shit during all this time of...CCJs, WUPs, massive losses, etc.

A total and utter shit storm and a complete disgrace. If any of the above is incorrect, I make no apologies, as it is the truth to the best of my knowledge and anyway, Day, Thomas & Dale wouldn't dare take me to court, coz they know what would come out. How they are still walking the streets, is beyond belief.

Right...I need a lie down now!!!

In the meantime, see the two links below and read and weep.

Success will be having a football team representing the town of Bury and I'm 100% confident we'll have that. I'd love Bury FC to be saved and eventually merged with Bury AFC and do a Wimbledon, to show we won't take this lying down and we won't be beaten by crooks and conmen and organisations that don't care about lower league football.

The challenge though, will be how far we can move up the leagues on our fan base. Not only do we have Man Utd and Man City down the road but a host of other local clubs (similar to Glasgow's smaller towns/suburbs). Not only that but also Football Club of Manchester (you may remember a few Man Utd fans broke away from their club due to the Glazers) and the Salford City Vanity Club (Class of '92 and all that shit)...both clubs have relatively small crowds (even smaller than ours) but they do take fans off us. Salford, for example, is now our nearest league club.

I'm sure you'll be aware the Neville brothers are involved with Salford, both Bury lads, their Mum, our club secretary and their Dad (RIP) former commercial director. And whilst I don't want to talk ill of the dead, he made the catastrophic decision (when there was at least one better option) to basically hand the club over in 2013 to Stewart Day, a deluded property developer from Yorkshire who didn’t even support Bury...I know, I despair. I don't think he put one penny of his own money into the club. He said he'd cleared the debts...the truth was he'd put all the debt (only about £750K) onto a loan, secured against the ground (previously mortgage free) at rates of around 138%.

He just went mental then, siphoning money from his property business into the club, setting up a car park investment scam, borrowing more money on the ground...whilst him and/or others taking introductory fees of going on for £1M. We were making losses of £2.5M a year...it was just sheer lunacy. Our overall debts rocketed up to massive levels, for a club of our size. Talk about being built on sand...

Day resigned after 5 or 6 years, 'for family reasons' and said he'd left the club in a stronger financial state. A total lie. His so-called 'property empire', then went bust within days/weeks owing millions of pounds. The Car Park scam raised £3M and went down with his property business, even though it's our car park. The offer was £10K a plot, at 9% interest with the promise of all money back in 5/10 years. Unregulated, of course, and it was obvious what was going to happen and it did....I know people who have lost their life savings. Day and his sidekick Glenn Thomas are utter scum.

Then to top it off, Steve Dale took over (introduced by his good mate Glenn Thomas would you believe?) saying he'd just recovered from leukaemia and wanted a second chance in life, to put back into the community. Claims of £3M put into the club, with our training facilities to be renovated with accommodation, swimming pools...you name it, for underprivileged kids. It soon turned out to be all lies...he was an asset stripper; put the club's computers and furniture and all our trophies/memorabilia (fortunately these are hidden from him) into newly set up companies, of which he and his son are sole directors. He then stopped paying the players and staff; whilst bullying non playing staff to resign. The rest is history and I don't really want to go there but he really is the scum of the earth. The leukaemia story wasn't even true (I've loads of evidence from past employees, non Bury related, confirming he just used as a sympathy vote). What sort of animal does that?

When I confronted him at a pre-season friendly last year, he threatened to 'rip my fcukin' face off.'

So we've been shafted left, right and centre for 7 years, including by the EFL...who didn't give a shit during all this time of...CCJs, WUPs, massive losses, etc.

A total and utter shit storm and a complete disgrace. If any of the above is incorrect, I make no apologies, as it is the truth to the best of my knowledge and anyway, Day, Thomas & Dale wouldn't dare take me to court, coz they know what would come out. How they are still walking the streets, is beyond belief.

Not sure if this will work but if it does, it's a video of me confronting Dale at the pre-season friendly, mentioned in my post above:

As a Rangers fan, I sympathise with you all. We know what it is like to have crooks run our club, and the damage they do. One thing I would say though is, as long as the fans stick together, you will still have your club. You are the club.
Football for real fans is more important than these crooks realise and it’s a disgrace that owners use and abuse the clubs then walk away . They don’t care about the damage to communities and the effect on supporters and the bonds of friendship we share.
To all the Bury supporters and fans I say , stay strong and keep going, you will get your club back. Better days are ahead, even though it’s not a smooth road. Hopefully one day soon we see you all at Ibrox for a friendly match.

As a Rangers fan, I sympathise with you all. We know what it is like to have crooks run our club, and the damage they do. One thing I would say though is, as long as the fans stick together, you will still have your club. You are the club.
Football for real fans is more important than these crooks realise and it’s a disgrace that owners use and abuse the clubs then walk away . They don’t care about the damage to communities and the effect on supporters and the bonds of friendship we share.
To all the Bury supporters and fans I say , stay strong and keep going, you will get your club back. Better days are ahead, even though it’s not a smooth road. Hopefully one day soon we see you all at Ibrox for a friendly match.
Cheers mate.

Your post is now on our MB.

Ya hooligan! :))
You did well not to lamp him mate
Haha. It works then... :))

If I had a pound for every time somebody has said that...I could buy Bury!

Thing is, he was there deliberately to wind us up and I would have done what he wanted.

I could see the tabloid headlines, 'Bury Yob Attacks Recovering Cancer Patient'...and I wasn't going to give him that pleasure.

Sending this out as an alert and email to our users t get the Bury fans some more help.

Bury fans need your help

They are fighting to save their club.

The fans - who are the club - have taken their future into their own hands and have formed a new vehicle to take the club forward.

You can donate by going here - https://buryafc.uk/donations/help-rebuild-football-in-bury/
You can make a donation of any amount by filing in the box.

Or - you can become a member for a fiver a month - https://buryafc.uk/donations/become-a-member-2-2/?preview=true

I’ve signed up for a monthly fiver donation - I’ll keep it up for a year at least and if they do the work they say they will I’ll keep supporting them.

Genuine football fans together!

My father in law stays in Rochdale. Asked him to take me to the ground just when the final nail was being hammered in. So sad reading all the messages of heartbroken fans who lost their club. I donated the last time before they were doomed. I will donate again and will definitely go visit the ground whenever I'm down again. Good luck Bury.

Sending this out as an alert and email to our users t get the Bury fans some more help.

Bury fans need your help

The fans - who are the club - have taken their future into their own hands and have formed a new vehicle to take the club forward.

You can donate by going here - https://buryafc.uk/donations/help-rebuild-football-in-bury/

Or - you can become a member for a fiver a month - https://buryafc.uk/donations/become-a-member-2-2/?preview=true

I’ve signed up for a monthly fiver donation - I’ll keep it up for a year at least and if they do the work they say they will I’ll keep supporting them.

SIMPLY THE BEST. :))

I'm now following @OfficialBuryAFC on Twitter.

Best wishes with your venture to get a football club formed with a team on the pitch to represent your town.

I'd imagine you will have your own fans 'against' you as, for now, its not Bury FC and the team won't play at Gigg Lane, not initially anyway. There will be other reasons but rise above that and dont get dragged down with negativity.

Ideally, this whole project would not need to exist but there are very obvious and valid reason why it is. Your aims are honourable and in my opinion, necessary at this point.

Covid is the spanner in the works but not much any of us can do about it for now.

Push on with your plans and best wishes, you the fans ARE Bury FC, it is inside you.

Bury fans need your help

Thank you again for your amazing generosity and kindness in posting this.
It is totally brilliant and so appreciated.
Thanks from a Bury fan and respect to you
Cheers

I'm gutted for fans of clubs who are suffering at the hands of shit owners. Newcastle, Coventry and recently Bury spring to mind. I'm signing up for the Bury membership, I'll feel better about the game and it'll give me a team to look out for in England and one to avoid on the coupon obviously. Best of luck to you troops. We've had a shit few years but I'm old enough to realise that I've been a privileged football fan having seen success beyond the wildest dreams of fans of teams like Bury. I salute those long suffering fans who can look back on a lifetime of support with only a handful of memorable victories. The Rangers support is a powerful ally and it was a decent idea to post on here. All the best.
Edit. Done, Wahaay I'm now an official fan.

Last edited:
@ICM and @looway

Both your posts are now on our MB. It's a shame you can't view/join, as we're having major technical problems and not only can we not accept new members but we can't even make for public viewing.

It's like it's got a virus (a coronavirus!) and in lockdown!!!

Anyway, I'm almost lost for words, the support you're showing is literally overwhelming.

Thank you so much, from every Bury fan...you will never know how much this means to us.

YATP (YOU ARE THE PEOPLE!) :))

I have just signed up for a membership. We know what its like to have rogues and asset strippers in charge of our Club.
Its great to see fans going to these lengths to save the Club they love, and hopefully its onwards and upwards from now on.
Now that i am a member, i will make sure i get down to a game or two when this Virus is all over. It will obviously need to be when Rangers are playing away from home :D

Last edited:

Bury fans need your help

Bury fans need your help

DONE AB. Best of luck to Bury. We’ve been there;)
Remember being in the Louden listening to green giving everyone the patter, would love to meet him in bar now

@ICM and @looway

Both your posts are now on our MB. It's a shame you can't view/join, as we're having major technical problems and not only can we not accept new members but we can't even make for public viewing.

Anyway, I'm almost lost for words, the support you're showing is literally overwhelming.

Thank you so much, from every Bury fan...you will never know how much this means to us.

YATP (YOU ARE THE PEOPLE!) :))

No bother at all.

GIve us a shout when it is fixed and a few of us can check out your forum.

No bother at all.

GIve us a shout when it is fixed and a few of us can check out your forum.
Will do. In the meantime (whilst I don't do Twitter or Facebook) you can view/join the following:

https://twitter.com/officialburyafc?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBuryAFC (They can be a bit strict with new members, as we get so many numbnuts from other clubs taking the piss but if you mention my name Andy Ashworth/R11 BFC or for better or for worse my son(!) Matt Ashworth...you'll get on)

Website (not a MB) for Bury AFC is: https://buryafc.uk

Previously made a 1 off donation but now signed up as a member, look forward to a wee trip down when you get back playing football. Followed this story last year when accousticblue highlighted what was going on. Complete and utter scumbags ripping this club apart and the impact on the fans and community was difficult to watch, a bit too close to home. The fans are the club and I applaud everything you have achieved to date, you deserve nothing but support from every working class and real football fan in the country. You have my support and the very best of British to you . No surrender

The same fans that had this banner against Blackpool? Nah, fuck them!

Karma has a way of biting you.

You could pick shit like that out from every team's fans in the whole of the UK.
Here's what you need to grasp. Don't let a few fans define your whole support.

You should know better than that after the bottle throwing ned at the Leverkusen game.

Last edited:
Don't get much better than Barry McKay's strike, we've had better wins against them, but that was our first meeting in a while and they thought they would stroll it ,

Bury lads, please keep this thread updated if you can. There are a few of us quite interested in your plight and empathetic to what is going on.

Have you been getting much help or assistance from other clubs in Gtr Manchester?
Hi
Thanks for your interest, it really is appreciated by us Bury fans.
So it has now become even more complex.
Just to explain, both our bad chairmen have the initials SD
SD1 did crazy expenditure things, took out the loan against the ground at mad rates to CBF. Last Friday CBF went into administration. But CBF are somehow the first charge, dont really know what i am talking about now, but they are the middlemen for the charge, the ultimate charge holder is a Maltese Pension Fund, with the money coming from companies in the British Virgin Islands.
So where this leads is more chaos that i will never understand.
Also SD1 managed to sell car parking spaces on BuryFC car park, somehow through one of his several companies called Mederco, at £10000 per space and over some time span with a payback of 9% and full payback .... and of course Mederco went into administration, to the tune of at least £30M if not more allegedly, and this leads to another major debt to Bury somehow.
But SD2 has somehow managed to get his daughter's partner to buy the Mederco debt.
This was also very powerful in SD2 keeping control of the CVA agreement to pay off the debt, which SD2 has not paid the CVA and so Bury are due back in the WUP court, i think.
Sorry this is not very clear, but it is so complicated and way above my head.
Hope it sort of helps though.
Cheers and Good Luck to Rangers
Keep Safe

Hi
SD1 did crazy expenditure things, took out the loan against the ground at mad rates to CBF. Last Friday CBF went into administration. But CBF are somehow the first charge, dont really know what i am talking about now, but they are the middlemen for the charge, the ultimate charge holder is a Maltese Pension Fund, with the money coming from companies in the British Virgin Islands.
Also SD1 managed to sell car parking spaces on BuryFC car park, somehow through one of his several companies called Mederco, at £10000 per space and over some time span with a payback of 9% and full payback .... and of course Mederco went into administration, to the tune of at least £30M if not more allegedly, and this leads to another major debt to Bury somehow.
But SD2 has somehow managed to get his daughter's partner to buy the Mederco debt.
This was also very powerful in SD2 keeping control of the CVA agreement to pay off the debt, which SD2 has not paid the CVA and so Bury are due back in the WUP court, i think.
Keep Safe

Hi
Keep Safe
In need of some good whisky
What do you recommend
In need of some good whisky
What do you recommend
My favourite is Cardhu followed by Jura

Bury lads, please keep this thread updated if you can. There are a few of us quite interested in your plight and empathetic to what is going on.

Have you been getting much help or assistance from other clubs in Gtr Manchester?
Will defo try mate, however, it's hard enough keeping track of Bury's MB, let alone this one! So I might need some help from @acousticblue and can I say that Billy Blue (his user name on our MB) is an absolute credit to your football club. He's been an inspiration (like you and others have) but seriously inspirational, to us Bury fans. He's known as #legend, from where I come from.

@Andy35 is a Bury fan on here and he said on our MB the other day, "you post something on Follow Follow and within 10 minutes it's about 5 pages down!" I'm going to do a separate thread though on our MB, to get some more Bury lads and lasses on here.

Regarding Greater Manchester (we're from Lancashire btw and proud of it, and not into Government created Metros!!!) but overall, if I put all the clubs together, they wouldn't come anywhere near the support we've received from Glasgow Rangers.

A bit from Man Utd, a bit from Man City...but overall pathetic. Of the other 5 main clubs...we hate Salford and all they stand for, Stockport have had their own issues, so have been strangely quiet about it all, the BIFFOs from Oldham are also going through it but again little support, as for Rochdale, they are so gutted we don't see them as our rivals...they are dancing on our 'grave' (I'm sure Celtic are bad but Rochdale would give them a run for the money, in the little brother bitter and twisted syndrome). Ironically, Bolton (or Noblot or Notlob, anagrams of Bolton!) our real rivals (won 30/lost 30) have been the most supportive but you may recall they were going through similar at the same time as us last year. Think that's it. Oh...the pie eaters from Wigan, didn't even know they were in Greater Manchester! Don't recall any support from them and we see them as a Rugby League town anyway. Some of the perverse pleasure obtained by random clubs though, like Tranmere (semi scousers) and Shrewsbury (semi taffs) has been nothing short of shameful. We literally can't wait till we play them again...

That all said, football clubs are people and you get good, bad and indifferent. So there's been individual support from every club, either by leaving messages of support or signing petitions or making donations or leaving scarves at our ground as a memorial (see photos below)...even the odd Crotchfail fan!!! But the best support has been from clubs who have been through it like yourselves - Brighton, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Accrington, Wimbledon, Orient, etc., etc. None better than Rangers though, granted you have the fan base....but your support has been nothing short of incredible. Once again...I have goose bumps all over me! Seriously. I'm going all soppy on you!!!

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE!!! :))

A good friend of my son, follows Bury and England, all over the world:

TELEMMGLPICT000207576329-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVfKYF8F8biotmZZgOU3KXzVjzHypXi6fM6HNRKf2oe8.jpeg

Travels everywhere and only ever wears shorts...even on a Tuesday night in Carlisle:

602x338_cmsv2_a9b5577d-4e6e-593b-818e-a3049453b9b1-4114388.jpg

The start of our memorial:

banners-and-messages-of-support-left-outside-gigg-lane-stadium-the-picture-id1170712480

Kids crying:

0_Bury-Football-Club-Expelled-From-The-English-Football-League-After-125-Years.jpg

Bastard:

bury%20dale.jpg

Nothing more needs to be said:

burysplashnew-e1567007410596.jpg

Will defo try mate, however, it's hard enough keeping track of Bury's MB, let alone this one! So I might need some help from @acousticblue and can I say that Billy Blue (his user name on our MB) is an absolute credit to your football club. He's been an inspiration (like you and others have) but seriously inspirational, to us Bury fans. He's known as #legend, from where I come from.

@Andy35 is a Bury fan on here and he said on our MB the other day, "you post something on Follow Follow and within 10 minutes it's about 5 pages down!" I'm going to do a separate thread though on our MB, to get some more Bury lads and lasses on here.

Regarding Greater Manchester (we're from Lancashire btw and proud of it, and not into Government created Metros!!!) but overall, if I put all the clubs together, they wouldn't come anywhere near the support we've received from Glasgow Rangers.

A bit from Man Utd, a bit from Man City...but overall pathetic. Of the other 5 main clubs...we hate Salford and all they stand for, Stockport have had their own issues, so have been strangely quiet about it all, the BIFFOs from Oldham are also going through it but again little support, as for Rochdale, they are so gutted we don't see them as our rivals...they are dancing on our 'grave' (I'm sure Celtic are bad but Rochdale would give them a run for the money, in the little brother bitter and twisted syndrome). Ironically, Bolton (or Noblot or Notlob, anagrams of Bolton!) our real rivals (won 30/lost 30) have been the most supportive but you may recall they were going through similar at the same time as us last year. Think that's it. Oh...the pie eaters from Wigan, didn't even know they were in Greater Manchester! Don't recall any support from them and we see them as a Rugby League town anyway. Some of the perverse pleasure obtained by random clubs though, like Tranmere (semi scousers) and Shrewsbury (semi taffs) has been nothing short of shameful. We literally can't wait till we play them again...

That all said, football clubs are people and you get good, bad and indifferent. So there's been individual support from every club, either by leaving messages of support or signing petitions or making donations or leaving scarves at our ground as a memorial (see photos below)...even the odd Crotchfail fan!!! But the best support has been from clubs who have been through it like yourselves - Brighton, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Accrington, Wimbledon, Orient, etc., etc. None better than Rangers though, granted you have the fan base....but your support has been nothing short of incredible. Once again...I have goose bumps all over me! Seriously. I'm going all soppy on you!!!

TELEMMGLPICT000207576329-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVfKYF8F8biotmZZgOU3KXzVjzHypXi6fM6HNRKf2oe8.jpeg

Travels everywhere and only ever wears shorts...even on a Tuesday night in Carlisle:

banners-and-messages-of-support-left-outside-gigg-lane-stadium-the-picture-id1170712480

Kids crying:

0_Bury-Football-Club-Expelled-From-The-English-Football-League-After-125-Years.jpg

Bastard:

bury%20dale.jpg

Can you post a link to your MB mate

Can you post a link to your MB mate
See my posts on page 2. Or better still, I'll copy them below: ;)

YATP (YOU ARE THE PEOPLE!)
:))

And:

Will do. In the meantime (whilst I don't do Twitter or Facebook) you can view/join the following:

https://twitter.com/officialburyafc?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBuryAFC (They can be a bit strict with new members, as we get so many numbnuts from other clubs taking the piss but if you mention my name Andy Ashworth/R11 BFC or for better or for worse my son(!) Matt Ashworth...you'll get on)

Website (not a MB) for Bury AFC is:
https://buryafc.uk

Kids crying:

Bastard:

bury%20dale.jpg

Tugs at the heart strings that.
Think I'm away to sign up.

Best of luck.

Back