Bury FC phoenix club

What a day to not play football, however the pitch was covered in snow, with the lines scraped off, credit to Cleator for turning up, and the game went ahead
The final score was a Bury win 5 - 1
Well done to everyone involved in the game
Football in the raw. So to speak. Well done the Shakers. Going great guns. Long may it continue. C*ltic on the wrong end of a 5-1 scoreline does have a nice ring to it. BRAVO!!!!!

Football in the raw. So to speak. Well done the Shakers. Going great guns. Long may it continue. C*ltic on the wrong end of a 5-1 scoreline does have a nice ring to it. BRAVO!!!!!
Keeps us up in 2nd place with a game in hand

I imagine everyone is still deep frozen after todays game in the snow

Thanks for posting this, although it is heart breaking to watch
There is still the issue today that Bury FC is still owned by steve dale, the Chairman of Bury FC who admitted he is not a football fan, never knew Bury had a team until he aquired it for £1, he stopped paying all staff and bills, he got us expelled from the English Football League so he can no longer enter any team in any league, he lost our chance to be reinstated in the football pyramid only two divisions lower than we were expelled from, a CVA arrangement was agreed by dale to pay off the club debt but dale did not make any payment, he lost our precious membership of the FA so now a new application is needed. This new FA application means that the name Bury FC can not be used.
The Bury FC is now in administration, the deadline has just been extended to 2023 by the receiver, as a secretive alleged fan group called EST, are unable to gather the required funds have just recently announced they have saved the club. There are some that believe this, but all the evidence is that it would have to be a new club.
So why are we not rejoicing at this news.
Our last game was in May 2019
Back in September 2019 the Forever Bury Supporters Trust held a meeting at the Town Hall where they declared their first option was to try and buy the club, they had an interested party, this subsequently failed, 2nd option was to let a bitcoin dealer with no connection to the club and more to the point, no money either, to buy the club out of liquidation - this failed too and the club is not liquidated.
Option 3 was for Bury FC fans to create a 'phoenix' football team by the FA deadline date of January 2020.
Over 300 Bury fans have risen to this challenge to give us the fan owned
BURY AFC, with now 1600 membership, who were put in tier 10 of the football pyramid, denied promotion due to covid cancellation of the league, but are now at the top of the division, playing attacking football at Radcliffe, 3 miles out of Bury.
There are some that despise this new team and create a division but Bury AFC is the way forward.

The Tuesday game was washed out , but we now are due for the next round of the FA Vase away at Abbey Hey on Saturday
(Great name for a team)

Well all good things come to an end at some point and our first defeat of the season away at Abbey Hey in the FA Vase was a stiff 4 - 1 beating and we had a player sent off, but we were three nil down at half time and out played.
Back to focus on the league, as they say.

Omicron won't stop this going ahead I bet. Good luck tomorrow. Another 3 points for the Shakers hopefully. Scotchman Road!!! Love it!!!

Omicron won't stop this going ahead I bet. Good luck tomorrow. Another 3 points for the Shakers hopefully. Scotchman Road!!! Love it!!!
Well two weeks ago we played in a snow blizzard
Last week the game was washed off just before kick off
This week our game was given the go ahead as so many others were postponed because of omicrom
What could go wrong?
So we kicked off at 3pm
At half time the score was 2 - 2
But guess what, the game got abandoned at half time because of the fog. It was too thick to see across the pitch
So another game to be rearranged

Glad Rangers picked up the points today

Attempting to keep you up to date on the Bury situation
It is as complex as ever
It is a wait and see what comes out of all this now
The govt have pledged £1M to assist saving Gigg Lane, provided there is matched funding.
Then it is a right cauldron of who can do what and how and the original Bury FC is not being saved.
When i can get my head around it i will try to let you know, but here is the head line

It is as complex as ever
The govt have pledged £1M to assist saving Gigg Lane, provided there is matched funding.
Then it is a right cauldron of who can do what and how and the original Bury FC is not being saved.
When i can get my head around it i will try to let you know, but here is the head line
Even the govt have their say

It is as complex as ever
Just seen that on Northwest Tonight. If all this transpires, does that mean you can move back into Gigg Lane?

I heard a Shakers fan on the radio tonight and he expressed mixed feelings about getting back to Gig Lane. Essentially his heart says yes, but his head is that it would be too much of a burden for Bury AFC to take on.

What's the opinions of those on here more acquainted than me with all things Bury?

It is really complicated, i am not sure i can even begin to explain it.

It is not as straight forward as it sounds.

I will try to get an explanation soon

Merry Christmas to all you Gers, and you keep your winning ways going into the new year.
We got back to playing today, away at Steeton in Keighley, Yorkshire. (The dark side of the Pennines)
A 2 goal victory keeps us undefeated in the league

As for what is going off with Bury FC is not clear

Merry Christmas to all you Gers, and you keep your winning ways going into the new year.
We got back to playing today, away at Steeton in Keighley, Yorkshire. (The dark side of the Pennines)
A 2 goal victory keeps us undefeated in the league

As for what is going off with Bury FC is not clear
Match highlights of Steeton away

Back