Bury FC phoenix club

Not a mellowing, just got a bigger headache

The details will be presented, hopefully
As both are recomending the merger, it is now even more complex
It will end the 100% fan ownership

Lot to consider
I hope it works out well for you guys, but the afc side of things is working fine so will be a big step to merge,

The FA Cup draw has been made, preliminary round

Away to Hallam
Bury AFC have been drawn away to Hallam FC in the extra preliminary round of the 2022-23 Emirates FA Cup.

This is sure to be a mouth-watering fixture as we travel over to Sheffield to take on Hallam, proclaimed as the ‘second oldest football club in the world’ after Sheffield FC and boast the ‘oldest football ground in the world’ at Sandygate Road, their home since 1860.

Hallam will compete in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division next season, Step 9 of the football pyramid, having been crowned champions of the NCEL Division One in the 2021-22 season.

The tie will be played on Saturday 6 August, and the winners will have a home tie against the winner of the game between Winsford United and Widnes in the preliminary round on Saturday 20 August.

The FA Cup draw has been made, preliminary round

Away to Hallam
Bury AFC have been drawn away to Hallam FC in the extra preliminary round of the 2022-23 Emirates FA Cup.

This is sure to be a mouth-watering fixture as we travel over to Sheffield to take on Hallam, proclaimed as the ‘second oldest football club in the world’ after Sheffield FC and boast the ‘oldest football ground in the world’ at Sandygate Road, their home since 1860.

Hallam will compete in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division next season, Step 9 of the football pyramid, having been crowned champions of the NCEL Division One in the 2021-22 season.

The tie will be played on Saturday 6 August, and the winners will have a home tie against the winner of the game between Winsford United and Widnes in the preliminary round on Saturday 20 August.

Pretty much a bye then. ;)

Nice bit of light reading for later on.

If the AFC board are comfortable with this then it's not really my place to vote against it.
The stuff with Dale still seemingly being in the background doesn't sit well though.

I reckon I'll abstain as things stand.
As you say, the AFC board are recommending to vote for it
As i get more info i will keep you informed.
The % of voters will be important, i will let you know that too.
Cheers

Friday night and had a few so will read tomorrow, but if AFC are proposing it then I hope they've done the homework, Dale still being around has a negative feel, will the afc staff and players be the choice initially or will it be new staff etc,
Hi Billy
There are quite a few issues being raised and there will be some Q and A given later
Good point about dale, both you and @GazzaG have mentioned, whilst i am pretty certain he has no part of this bit there is still the existing club still in administration, i will ask about that
Cheers
Graeme

If the AFC board are comfortable with this then it's not really my place to vote against it.
The stuff with Dale still seemingly being in the background doesn't sit well though.

Thanks for taking the time to look, a good number of issues are being raised about the sustainability.
This has been said:
A merger proposal for Bury FC and Bury AFC has been shared with members, and is being recommended by both sides.

Phil Young from Bury AFC says the business plan shows £2.15m of funding if a merger is agreed.#BuryFC #BuryAFC #bbcfootball

An amazing insight into the costs of running a team in the National League is from Oliver Ash, a Director of Maidstone Utd, in the link below, a real eye opener

It’s a no from me
If it passes I walk but will not winge and wart, if it is what the majority want it is what should happen
Threve Rovers look like gaining a new supporter
Many thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes

It’s a no from me
If it passes I walk but will not winge and wart, if it is what the majority want it is what should happen
Threve Rovers look like gaining a new supporter
Many thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes
Surely you can't be that desperate :)) I can see their ground from my window and I wouldn't consider it :))

Closest to Dalry got to be worth a visit
They have quit the South of Scotland league and moved to division 4 of the West of Scotland so might be a better standard now. If nothing else it's a decent bar in the ground.

It' still too low a level for me to pay money for though unless it's the Scottish Cup :))

They have quit the South of Scotland league and moved to division 4 of the West of Scotland so might be a better standard now. If nothing else it's a decent bar in the ground.

It' still too low a level for me to pay money for though unless it's the Scottish Cup :))
Bloody site cheeper than driving to Kendal Town (and getting bladered) which seems like being my last AFC game

Bloody site cheeper than driving to Kendal Town (and getting bladered) which seems like being my last AFC game
Pretty much especially these days. I'm sure I saw you wandering about CD a while ago and thinking it was weird seeing someone up here wearing a Bury shirt. Then I thought, he's probably thinking it's weird seeing someone up here wearing an Accy Stanley shirt :D

Today, Bury AFC are away at Guiseley AFC in a preseason friendly

Here are the highlights from yesterdays friendly at Guiseley

Last Tuesday we had a friendly away at Trafford
Here are the highlights
Oops no that did not work

We lost 0 - 2

Tomorrow we are away at Cheadle Heath Nomads

Last edited:
Hi again to all you Rangers fans
After what seems no time at all from Bury AFC winning their division in teir ten last season ( the foot of the English football pyramid) our new season begins again in the North West Counties League Premier Division (tier 9, step5 of non league)
Whilst there is no news yet on the off-field debates, Bury AFC look forward to the season continuing to play at Radcliffe.

We start the campaign at home to Litherland REMYCA
Details contained in this link

Hope we get off with a win

Statement from Bury FC Benefactors Limited on Merger Proposal

We hope to have the first set of FAQs available very soon, we are waiting for approval/comment from all parties to ensure a consistent approach where possible.

In the meantime we have been provided with the following statement on the merger proposals from Bury FC Benefactors Limited, the company which holds the shares of the individuals who have part funded the Gigg Lane acquisition.

“On behalf of Bury FC Benefactors Limited that helped acquire Gigg Lane and the history, trading name and memorabilia of Bury FC, we would like it to be clear that the vast majority of us fully support the merger proposals currently being considered by BFCSS and Shakers Community. All benefactors are Bury supporters and in many cases took a leap of faith that once the Stadium and Bury FC trading name were acquired the collective fanbase would support a merger if the terms were fair and balanced. We believe the proposal of a new start for both Societies with a new Society run by a newly elected Board and a team called Bury FC playing at its historic home Gigg Lane achieves this and we encourage members to vote in favour.

All Benefactors have a demonstrated history of business acumen and have contributed willingly from their personal savings. This has allowed us to provide support and also demonstrates our knowledge of commercial viability. We believe the merger is by far the best outcome from a football and community perspective. Failure to merge introduces considerable risks for all parties without any specific benefits. Gigg Lane needs capital to be fully restored and, operationally, the larger the fanbase the more successful the team can be; not to mention the additional community benefits we can deliver. Having two clubs and a split fanbase dilutes this considerably and ensures continued division when ultimately we shared a love of the same team.

The objections seen on social media seem to boil down to perceived bad behaviors and dislike of certain individuals. We'd urge all parties to put the past behind us and view the bigger picture of returning a successful team to Gigg Lane. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is, if being a Bury supporter has taught us anything over recent years it is surely just that; those suggesting a No vote leads to a better outcome are not being realistic in our view. We've had a very difficult few years but have the possibility to look forward together, so we therefore encourage members of both Societies to vote in favour of the merger.”

Hi again to all you Rangers fans
After what seems no time at all from Bury AFC winning their division in teir ten last season ( the foot of the English football pyramid) our new season begins again in the North West Counties League Premier Division (tier 9, step5 of non league)
Whilst there is no news yet on the off-field debates, Bury AFC look forward to the season continuing to play at Radcliffe.

We start the campaign at home to Litherland REMYCA
Details contained in this link

Hope we get off with a win
A good 1 - 0 victory today
Lewis Gilboy scoring the goal
Onwards and upwards

Statement from Bury FC Benefactors Limited on Merger Proposal

We hope to have the first set of FAQs available very soon, we are waiting for approval/comment from all parties to ensure a consistent approach where possible.

In the meantime we have been provided with the following statement on the merger proposals from Bury FC Benefactors Limited, the company which holds the shares of the individuals who have part funded the Gigg Lane acquisition.

“On behalf of Bury FC Benefactors Limited that helped acquire Gigg Lane and the history, trading name and memorabilia of Bury FC, we would like it to be clear that the vast majority of us fully support the merger proposals currently being considered by BFCSS and Shakers Community. All benefactors are Bury supporters and in many cases took a leap of faith that once the Stadium and Bury FC trading name were acquired the collective fanbase would support a merger if the terms were fair and balanced. We believe the proposal of a new start for both Societies with a new Society run by a newly elected Board and a team called Bury FC playing at its historic home Gigg Lane achieves this and we encourage members to vote in favour.

All Benefactors have a demonstrated history of business acumen and have contributed willingly from their personal savings. This has allowed us to provide support and also demonstrates our knowledge of commercial viability. We believe the merger is by far the best outcome from a football and community perspective. Failure to merge introduces considerable risks for all parties without any specific benefits. Gigg Lane needs capital to be fully restored and, operationally, the larger the fanbase the more successful the team can be; not to mention the additional community benefits we can deliver. Having two clubs and a split fanbase dilutes this considerably and ensures continued division when ultimately we shared a love of the same team.

The objections seen on social media seem to boil down to perceived bad behaviors and dislike of certain individuals. We'd urge all parties to put the past behind us and view the bigger picture of returning a successful team to Gigg Lane. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is, if being a Bury supporter has taught us anything over recent years it is surely just that; those suggesting a No vote leads to a better outcome are not being realistic in our view. We've had a very difficult few years but have the possibility to look forward together, so we therefore encourage members of both Societies to vote in favour of the merger.”
Hi Robert
Thanks for posting this, not a very convincing or satisfactory statement in my view, however, it is what it is.
The first set of Q&A have now been given, not had chance to look at them yet, but i thought i would try to keep you informed

Hi Robert
Thanks for posting this, not a very convincing or satisfactory statement in my view, however, it is what it is.
The first set of Q&A have now been given, not had chance to look at them yet, but i thought i would try to keep you informed

See its states that they think that some people have a dislike of certain individuals, well surely they the individuals should step aside for the benefit of the club and fans, at the end of the day the fans are needed to take the club forward, but the Afc people would be a perfect fit

Back