Butland vs Klos

Strange timing for this thread.

Butland didn't have his best game on Sunday, and suddenly we're being asked to compare him to one of our best keepers ever...

He's only been here just short of a season and has exceeded expectations. Lets give him a few more years (hopefully) before comparing him to literal club legends.

Strange timing for this thread.

Butland didn't have his best game on Sunday, and suddenly we're being asked to compare him to one of our best keepers ever...

He's only been here just short of a season and has exceeded expectations. Lets give him a few more years (hopefully) before comparing him to literal club legends.
Almost seems like a sh*ta-stirring thread given the performance of Jack at the weekend.

Yup. The blue tinted specs will be donned. The reality is Klos was never in the reckoning of the German national side (rightly or wrongly). Butland is very much part of the debate about who goes to the euros for one of the tournaments favourites.

You’ve posted this thinking it’s some kind of silver bullet argument I assume

It’s shown a complete lack of knowing about football

Every keeper in that Germany squad was on another planet to any GK England currently have

Butland is making some errors now but I think he will regain his form. Needs to change his penalty technique too.

You’ve posted this thinking it’s some kind of silver bullet argument I assume

It’s shown a complete lack of knowing about football

Every keeper in that Germany squad was on another planet to any GK England currently have
It's "knowledge" mate.

135.png

I agree (as I posted above) that Klos had far greater competition.

Yup. The blue tinted specs will be donned. The reality is Klos was never in the reckoning of the German national side (rightly or wrongly). Butland is very much part of the debate about who goes to the euros for one of the tournaments favourites.
Klos was behind Oliver Kahn and Jens Lehmann for the German National team.

No shame in not getting a call up when he's competing with them.

I don’t see any point in comparisons like this. Both excellent keepers with different qualities in different eras.

It's part of an argument, that's kind of the idea when you have an opinion on something. You use some kind of evidence to back it up. Lol.
It’s a horrendous opinion to be fair. The keepers ahead of Klos have been mentioned in here. You used it against him.

I'm talking about the way the support has hyped him up. I get the impression though it's because we've been pretty much starved of a decent keeper for the last few seasons.
That’s my point. He’s played superbly and as such, close to England call up.

Maybe we appreciate him the right amount :)

At this point Klos every day of the week.

Woods, Goram, Klos, McGregor......Butland isn't yet in that bracket.

I'm talking about the way the support has hyped him up. I get the impression though it's because we've been pretty much starved of a decent keeper for the last few seasons.

Talk of him going for £20 million - £30 million in the summer was completely mental talk, even for here.

I think people don't realise how good Klos was when he signed for us. Seen a lot of BVB players - Marco Reus included - pick him in their greatest XI's ever.

That’s my point. He’s played superbly and as such, close to England call up.

Maybe we appreciate him the right amount :)
That's obviously great but I'm minded of a thread when people were being ridiculed for saying they'd sell him for 10m-15m.

Comparisons are fair enough surely?

I love Butland but there has been a little shakiness recently. Truth is, if he'd been immaculate throughout his career, he'd be with a top Premier team. So Klos is well ahead if you are comparing.

That said, Jack has enough about him to finish his career strongly and I really hope he does. Hopefully he will play a big part for us over the next two months.

Back