Calm doon - the league isn't over

Yes, we are 12 points behind. It's bad. Our form since the winter break is very poor.

We have a game in hand. Win that and it's cut to 9 points.

Beat Celtic - it is possible - twice and it's cut to 3 points.

Celtic lose one game to anyone else in the league and it's on.

So let's not be hysterical.

Celtic could lose their next 3 games and we’d still be behind them. We do not have the mentality to battle against the teams in this league.
I do think we could beat them twice - because we’ll prepare well and will give it everything. It’s what we do in big games.

If we were running over teams I’d agree with you, reluctantly, as it’s not mathematically over. However we are toiling so feel it’s very much over.

It's well over.

And I'm an optimist when it comes to us.

It's done. Today gift-wrapped it.

If we beat them next OF and they lose one other then there will be pressure on them

but there won’t be cos we’ll continue to drop points.leading up to playing us must be quite easy - we’ll play the same predictable system so they’ll Know how to set up against us.

my only hope is that they don’t win it against us

Mate if you honestly believe that then good for you... have you been watching us since the winter break...:rolleyes:

After the Hearts defeat I thought we had seriously damaged our chances but there was still a slim chance. After today it’s insurmountable. What pisses me off was the comeback today to 2-1 then we throw it all away with mad defending. Should’ve killed it with a third when we had momentum.

I could just about stretch my optimism a few weeks ago after Killie, but it’s now finito.

Celtic will drop a fair few points when they hit a sticky pitch, but no chance are we hitting a 100% record for the remainder of the season.

Opened this up thinking it would be a bumped thread from a couple of weeks ago.
Astonished it was started this evening.
Not sure whether to admire the OP or feel sorry for him.

Reactions: VGM
Mathematically it’s possible.

Its also completely unrealistic given our appalling form and the fact that many of our players are clearly scared of being in contention for the league. The same group has crapped it at the same stage 2 years running. The manager clearly GSD absolutely no idea how to turn this around; if he did, wouldn’t he have done it by now.

I have no idea why I’m even bothering to reply to the most ridiculous thread I’ve ever seen on here.

the worst thing is the bheasts were there for the taking and we will never know how they would have handled the pressure, instead we have let them stroll to their tainted precious 9

In fairness to OP I don’t think 2 wins against the mentally challengeds is that unbelievable....what I do think is unbelievable is us going the rest of the season unbeaten.

It was over at 6 points. In need of a miracle at 9 points, now at 12 it’s a case of trying to keep it under 20 points!! The season isn’t over (yet) but in 6 days it may well be. Let’s get through in Europe and against Hearts and aim for a Scottish cup and a good run in the league experimenting with different formations, then we can make a go at it next season!

Gerrard will walk at the end of the season. He won't want to be known as the man who lost the record of 9

The Board don't have the facilities to allow that to happen. Gerrard is here for the long term whether we like it or not, and punting him will only make matters worse.

Catch a grip of yourself ffs

It's over and we will be out of Europe and the Scottish by next week too. If not its pampering over the cracks.

We are a rudderless ship and the project has failed

Yes, we are 12 points behind. It's bad. Our form since the winter break is very poor.

I'll have two of whatever youre on OP!

You are assuming in this scenario that we will win every game we play in the league until the end of the season. The way we are playing just now doesn't fill me with any kind of hope that we can achieve that.

We don't even know when we are playing our game in hand , it could be after the split

By then there could be nothing to play for , if our present slump in form continues

Last edited:
Reality time unfortunately. We said it wasnt over after hearts and we just needed to go on a good run.

We said it wasnt over after Aberdeen and we just needed to go on a good run.

We said it wasnt over after Kilmarnock and we just needed to go on a good run and the mentally challengeds drop points somewhere other than against us.

Its fucked after today.

Was over before today. That result only cements it we are nowhere near a team capable of maintaining a sustainable league challenge.

I smell a rat.

Delusional to say the least,I won’t tell you what I really think of your post because I will cop a ban.

Can't believe these threads pop up week in week out after our dismal performances. how long before we are banking on them getting points deducted

Away ye go son, we are not biting.

league was done after Killie OP, probably after Aberdeen draw at Ibrox. Anyone that doesnt get that is fucking deluded. This team and management team don't have the mental fortitude to win the title sadly

I’m not hysterical and I’m not delusional, we’ve no chance

Back