Calm doon - the league isn't over

I admire your positivity mate but there’s nothing to suggest that we are going to have a dramatic upturn in form and the mentally challengeds to slip up.

We simply have to go all out and win the Scottish cup.

Sorry, the train has left the station!
13902259915_acf43e92ae_b.jpg

The league was over after the match at Tynecastle.

That told us everything we need to know about this group of shitebags. What has followed since then hasn't been a surprise to anyone.

These threads are surely a wind-up.

They've not dropping points and we look likely to ship points every week. I wouldn't be surprised if we take 4pts out of 6 against them. We'll lose elsewhere, though.

Yes, we are 12 points behind. It's bad. Our form since the winter break is very poor.

We have a game in hand. Win that and it's cut to 9 points.

Beat Celtic - it is possible - twice and it's cut to 3 points.

Celtic lose one game to anyone else in the league and it's on.

So let's not be hysterical.
Send me some of what your smoking please

Yes, we are 12 points behind. It's bad. Our form since the winter break is very poor.

This is based on us winning every game.

Have you seen us lately?

Over the optimist OP, but I'm afraid even I cant be that hopeful. All I'm hoping for now is we can find a solution to this catastrophic downward spiral and fix it so we can reboot and go again and next season be the team we where in the first half of this season, only for both sides of the winter break.

I actually feel quite sad for folk who still think there is a chance

Today ended any glimmer of hope there may have been.

Please don't do it to yourself, our main target is to stop an embarrassing quadruple treble
Our main target now is to stop them reaching 55 before we do. We seem years away from producing a genuine title challenge.

while mathematically still possible im now losing sigh of it for sure, continuity is what is needed at the club now, back the manager & his staff and trust that we will have a strong finish to this season and then get back on track next season

They could hand us the title on a plate and we would still find a way to eff it up

We could win every game between now and the end of the season and not win the league.

We don't for a minute look capable of doing so.

So as good as over as you can get.

Anyone who thinks the league is still on is clearly watching a different team from me, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we could go on a run of winning games.

It was over before yesterday but that just sealed it.

We are now relying on hopefully Scottish cup

Normally I have the same kind of optimism but I’m afraid not mate. We aren’t consistent enough. Even if we beat them twice we will drop silly points elsewhere. Too many daft goals being conceded and not enough being scored at the opposite end.

In saying that I hope you are right.

Come on man, we're not making up 12 points on these with 11 games remaining!

If we were playing decent I'd actually agree with you however the way we are playing we look likely to drop another six points easy out with the OF games so not going to catch them.

I’d love to say it’s not over but it is and it has been for a couple of weeks. The manager still has my full backing but he needs to get things together quickly and get ripped into the players to get a reaction.

Best celtic twice and can’t beat killie or st johnstone. al have a bit of what ever ur taking brother.

I presume the majority of folk here are saying the league is over to prevent feeling 'foolish' at the end of the season for not giving up on the team at the earliest opportunity?

Would the same people want the team to give up as easy?

This is your club, no surrender. You NEVER know what can happen.

Anything can happen. Of course it can, however there is absolutely no evidence to point to something changing. We have thrown away an absurd amount of points from positions which would prevent this whole debate meanwhile Celtic have revamped the way they play and are blowing teams away and even when they're playing poor, they're getting results. That's the difference.

Nt0iFDX.gif

Can you see us winning our remaining 11 games in the league? because we would have to to get close and even at that I don't see them losing another two outside of the games against us.

8 points dropped in 28 games. They've also got a far superior goal difference. Does anyone realistically think they'll drop at least 10 points more than we will in the remaining 10 games? Not a damn chance. It's over. Just hope we can pick up the cup as 4 trebles would be horrendous.

In reality we had to win every game after the Hearts game and it just isn’t happening, I hate to concede anything to that mob but it will take an epic collapse by them for us to win.

It is definitely not over, the OP is right.

However, though I could see us going on a bit of a run, and beating them twice, given the massive goal difference we need them to drop 4 more points than us as well as losing twice to us.

That looks unlikely for a team that has dropped 5 points in 26 games (excluding us) and that's the real barrier.

There are only 10/11 games left now and the truth is we will finish the season with more points than Celtc did in winning the league in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

WE were shocking yesterday, and at Hearts, but we have lost 1 game more than them this season.

Its the form of the scum that is costing us the league, their results 2020 show 10 domestic wins on the bounce, that's the real problem.

Strictly speaking it is not over but for me the best we can hope for is 3 to 5 points behind the winners and that means not losing to them and winning every other point available.
I cannot see any other team rising from mediocrity to take points from them but you never know.

I'll have a pint of whatever the OP is drinking.

I actually feel quite sad for folk who still think there is a chance

Today ended any glimmer of hope there may have been.

Please don't do it to yourself, our main target is to stop an embarrassing quadruple treble

Correct and I’ve been saying it since tynecastle .

IMO the writing was on the wall when we failed to beat a very very poor sheep team at Ibrox, take into account the vermin can play bad and still hammer teams both at home and away no problem, teams who we continually struggle against, the league is over we have absolutely no chance of overhauling a 12 point lead over us, that's just being realistic and not defeatest.

I presume the majority of folk here are saying the league is over to prevent feeling 'foolish' at the end of the season for not giving up on the team at the earliest opportunity?

Would the same people want the team to give up as easy?

This is your club, no surrender. You NEVER know what can happen.

After the Hearts and Aberdeen games I would have agreed.

The problem is that we got no response and dropped a further 5 points to Killie and St Johnstone.

After Aberdeen 0-0 we were effectively 4 behind but you could see that Tims still had Motherwell, Aberdeen, Livi, Hibs and us all away before the split. So it looks still possible at that point.

What we needed SO badly was to see the players come out at Kilmarnock and just play them right off the park. 2 or 3 nil win. When we screwed that up it was basically 7 behind and now it looks dodgy.

So what we then needed was a significant winning run. Probably every game up to the split and hope they get a daft draw somewhere so that we go into split only 2 behind.

Instead what we got was yesterday.

Depending on beating them home and away in March and April is a big BIG ask for any Rangers side.
So lets say we do it. Dropping this 9 point lead right back down to 3. We are still relying on the tims screwing up twice (due to that goal difference) and we also need to basically win every match we play.

I feel foolish saying I think we can win the league now because realistically I don't think we can pick up two wins against them and I have doubts about picking up wins against Aberdeen, Motherwell, etc after the split.

The way it's looking now they could come to Ibrox on the 15th of March and if luck goes against us they will be 12 points clear with 7 games to go.

The only way we win this league now is if they have one the most catastrophic collapses in the history of Scottish Football. While I do very much enjoy the thought of that the odds are not good.

Yup. You never know what can happen in football. In 2005 we were 5 points behind with 4 games to go and somehow we celebrated being champions that season.

There's a difference between that and being realistic and sensible in the moment.

Sure. If we beat Hamilton next Weds and they lose to Livingston then MAYBE something is on but that would depend entirely on us going on a winning run that caused them to panic. We just seem like we won't be able to do that.

As it stands our remaining 11 games look dodgy and I could easily see us dropping a good few points in the run in. As a result of that we are not applying the kind of pressure that could cause the tims to drop points.

Had we come out of the winter break with a run of 8 league wins the tims would have lost their swagger and dropped points as their confidence evaporates. Instead we have lost our way completely and dropped points in half of the league games since we came back.

Back