Can Kemar Roofe give us a significant contribution for the remaining 9 league games?

His pound earned to minute played ratio whilst at Rangers will be insane.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him, he clearly doesn't choose to be injured all the time.

Another huge wage we need to offload in the Summer.

His pound earned to minute played ratio whilst at Rangers will be insane.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him, he clearly doesn't choose to be injured all the time.

Another huge wage we need to offload in the Summer.

When applying the opposite to your first sentence, the pounds earned to minutes not played is insane.

Missed about 100 games in less than 4 full seasons with us, we can't afford anything like this return again from any player.

When he’s on his game and fit he’s probably the best footballer in Scotland.
I suspect we got him because he’s been carrying injuries now for a long time.
With 20 minutes left against Celtc at Ibrox and it’s 0-0 I can’t think of a better sub to bring on than him.
He’ll be highly motivated to get his next move in the summer and knows the games against Celtc will put him in the shop window.
He’ll get a move to a Championship team in the summer

Hmmm, debatable nowadays.

That might have applied a couple of years ago, i am not sure it does anymore. He looks shot, completely shot.

Still think he can turn and finish better than anyone else.

Essentially comparing him to Dessers, as I’m not sure Silva is a striker as such.

Roofe, when fit, is a better finisher than Dessers.

All we really need is a couple of OF games out of him. 30 mins in each and maybe a late goal against the dross.

If he signs off with 5 goals between now and the end of the season, it could be the difference.

A player we have hoped was fit and firing for ages, has had some great moments but overall a big disappointment in his Rangers career.
I can't see him contributing a lot to be honest, hope I'm wrong!

I wouldn't. Dessers and Silva have goals and assists over the international break, free from injury and have been playing regularly.
I wouldn't start Roofe

Dessers doesn't deserve to start either

Assuming we have 2 fit wide players you can't persist with a guy who had 4 bad games in a row

Penalty for Nigeria not withstanding

He’s played 5 of our last 6 games since his latest return from injury, sitting out Kilmarnock away on the plastic pitch. Average of 15 minutes at a time. Hopefully he’s been managed better this time and with the international break, we might be able to get 25/30 minutes out of him regularly. I think that’s probably the most we can hope for. Hopefully I’m wrong as he scores big goals.
When you look at that data its actually a lot more encouraging

And 25 mins v Hibs in the cup

Need him to start playing at least 30 mins in games, but actually some signs he will be able to contribute.

He also played much more minutes in some B team games during that period too I believe.

Silva at 9 for 60 minutes this weekend. Hopefully at least 2 up by then and get Roofe on

Even if he can give us 30 minutes in games and allow other players to get a break then that could be an important contribution.

Don’t think he is up to starting games but can contribute a few goals off the bench. He is still probably the player you want a chance falling to in an important game.

This is all in my opinion:

At this point in the season, Kemar Roofe is no longer playing for Rangers, he is playing for himself and will do whatever it takes to get himself a contract next season with another team. That will require a fine balancing act from him between performing well in moments but also not playing too much to increase the risk of him getting injured.

He knows he needs to be fit around June to win a contract with another team in the summer. I think he'll down tools before the end of the season with another "injury" but he'll actually just be preserving himself so he is fit to join pre-season with another club to win a contract.

He is a very good striker but I'll be amazed if he plays a pivotal role in this title run-in.
Step away from the tinfoil hat

When he’s on his game and fit he’s probably the best footballer in Scotland.
I suspect we got him because he’s been carrying injuries now for a long time.
With 20 minutes left against Celtc at Ibrox and it’s 0-0 I can’t think of a better sub to bring on than him.
He’ll be highly motivated to get his next move in the summer and knows the games against Celtc will put him in the shop window.
He’ll get a move to a Championship team in the summer
Na. He'll deliberately down tools and not play to get himself in the shop window according to some nutcases

Roofe is one of they players we have all accepted we aren't going to get anything else from him. Anything he foes contribute would be a massive bonus. The optimist in me says that he's going to manage to suprise us and stay fit then contribute to us lifting 56.

Off the bench yes.

Realistically, that's the best we can hope for.

If we start him in games, then the chances are he will break down and we'll lose him for the rest of the season.

Dessers or Silva will be our starting strikers, with Roofe hopefully making an important contribution in the later stages of games.

We should’ve tried to cancel his contract two years ago.

He’s cost us a fortune and it isn’t his fault. But we knew his injury history before joining us and predictably it came true.

He hurts his shoulder, and ends up with a hip op. Like Jack, coming on as a late sub seems to much for him to not get injured.

He has scored 4 goals total this season and last season and hasn't looked like doing much at all when playing recently.

It will be good to get him off the wage bill in the summer.

It’s a strange one, does he come in and bust a gut to get a move or another contract with us or elsewhere ? Or does he hold back a bit so he doesn’t get injured again so he is fully fit when talking to new clubs ?

He has the ability to do so but keeping him fit will be the biggest challenge. Also I think he'll be limited to sub roles.

By significant I think that any minutes he is able to provide on the park between now and season end is significant as it allows rest time for Dessers and Silva.
Unfortunately his availability is such a concern that is all that we could hope for and his ability to snatch the odd goal or 2 in the 6 yard box.

He owes it to us but not getting my hopes up. We have seen plenty of times how this plays out.

Best striker in the league by far...if fit...

He absolutely can. And has the capability and ability to.

Whether he will or not is a different story. I hope he scores another couple of huge goals for us.

It has become somewhat of a joke whenever Roofe is suggested as an option.

Maybe I am just being really niave but I have a feeling Clement might just manage him properly and get us a good turn out of him for the run in. If he does we stand a great chance of winning this league.

Off the bench perhaps but we should in no way be considering him a starter.

Genuine question - what makes you so convinced that Roofe is a loyal warrior that will selflessly play through the pain barrier for Rangers?
You are making tonnes of crack pot theories based off minimal information and reaching lots of wild conclusions

Is he "playing through the pain barrier" right now?

Or is he playing these cameo roles without breaching the pain barrier.

You're adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 8 hundred and 59 thousand

Occams razor.

Football players will want to play if fit. Is my assumption. Rather than some nefarious plan to fake injury to be fit for a potential new club despite them not seeing him play at all if he enacts your Machiavellian plan.

In fact, your arguments to slag Roofe arent consistent. Is he faking injuries or playing through the pain barrier.

More likely than you extrapolating a load of unknowns:

If he stays fit and the manager picks him, he plays.
If he gets injured, he doesn't.

No need to invent all your additional scenarios and motivations.

Definitely not expecting him to play the rest of the season but I am hopeful he can contribute in a good handful of games and contribute with some vital goals. He can then go seek another club with our gratitude and best wishes.

Can’t see it’s, most players who are out injured take a few games to get match fit and back into the swing of things, Roofe has been out for what seems like forever so I’d imagine it would take him a lot longer and given he’s only going to get time off the bench it won’t be enough in the short time we have to get anything worthwhile out of him I think but who knows strangers things have happened.

It would be great if he can stay fit and contribute some goals but I’d have as a sub unless we had zero other options as I think that’s about as much as we can expect from him

His goal v Betis from the bench was a perfect example of what he can bring and that goal to win the group was worth a lot of money to the club

He’s still a superb goalscorer and time will tell if he can stay fit and help the team

You are making tonnes of crack pot theories based off minimal information and reaching lots of wild conclusions

Is he "playing through the pain barrier" right now?

Or is he playing these cameo roles without breaching the pain barrier.

You're adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 8 hundred and 59 thousand

Occams razor.

Football players will want to play if fit. Is my assumption. Rather than some nefarious plan to fake injury to be fit for a potential new club despite them not seeing him play at all if he enacts your Machiavellian plan.

In fact, your arguments to slag Roofe arent consistent. Is he faking injuries or playing through the pain barrier.

More likely than you extrapolating a load of unknowns:

If he stays fit and the manager picks him, he plays.
If he gets injured, he doesn't.

No need to invent all your additional scenarios and motivations.
You're "assuming" that Roofe wants to play, yet accuse me of inventing a scenario where he'll claim injury. Incredible.

He's a brilliant option off the bench for the final two months.

We've got him fit just at the right time and the extra recovery time during the break will have done him good.

If there's a chance falling to him towards the end of a crucial game, he sticks it away. That might be the difference.

Still think he can turn and finish better than anyone else.

Essentially comparing him to Dessers, as I’m not sure Silva is a striker as such.

Roofe, when fit, is a better finisher than Dessers.

All we really need is a couple of OF games out of him. 30 mins in each and maybe a late goal against the dross.

If he signs off with 5 goals between now and the end of the season, it could be the difference.
If he signs off with 5 goals then yeah, delighted.

For the rest, fair enough. I don't think so myself, I think he is done, i am not seeing it anymore in his play.

In for a massive let down if pinning any hopes on Roofe.

A massive contribution by his standards these days is if he manages a goal from the bench before his inevitable next injury.

I'd put him on the bench for every game with a view to getting 20 mins out of him if required
Throw him on if we are chasing a goal otherwise leave him wrapped up in his tracksuit
The less he plays the more likely he is to stay available

I think we absolutely need him to contribute if we are to win the league. Having to rely dessers every week for goals wont work.

Back