Can Kemar Roofe give us a significant contribution for the remaining 9 league games?

I'd start him against the tims and I'd tell him that's the plan as early as possible. Get himself ready mentally and to put himself in the shop window. Have Dessers off the bench if needed.

He can but more likely to break down again.

He stays fit we win the league as he’s a fantastic player and give him Dessers chances we’d be 6/7/8 points clear

I’d rather start Roofe in our next two games than Dessers who has been rank rotten of late.

There’s just no trust there with him whatsoever in the big moments

But Roofe can’t keep fit. At this moment he’s fit, play him I guess.

Why not? You saw his contribution away v Betis. A decent option to bring on for big Cyriel in the last 20 minutes - guy can sniff out a chance.

If he stays fit.
It's a big if though.
Hopefully he manages to do so and do the business for us.
Come on Kemar.

In terms of minutes, probably not.

However, I don’t think it would surprise anyone at all if Roofe scored 2 or 3 big goals during the run in. It seems to be his thing.
He's not looked good off the bench last few weeks. Unfortunately we are really lacking options up top

All it takes is 15 minutes in one game for him to potentially define our season, I really hope he ends his time here on a high.

It has become somewhat of a joke whenever Roofe is suggested as an option.

Maybe I am just being really niave but I have a feeling Clement might just manage him properly and get us a good turn out of him for the run in. If he does we stand a great chance of winning this league.
Has he come through the international break unscathed?

I can’t see him starting many if any games but I think Roofe will score one, maybe two, crucial goals before the end of the season. Maybe in the OF game at Ibrox, more likely post split to get a win.

Hopefully the winner in SCF that secures a treble.

Maybe I am just being really niave but I have a feeling Clement might just manage him properly and get us a good turn out of him for the run in. If he does we stand a great chance of winning this league.
Can`t see him ever starting a game but could be vital as an impact sub when we need a goal

He’s one of those players capable of big moments and we ain’t seen it all with the injuries now.

I think he can get the goals we need against them and he will deliver in the remaining games.

My take was that Roofe was an absolute first pick, will score 20-35 incl euro every year. First on the sheet every week.

No point regurgitataing this, but his body has now given up. We'll get nothing of any real value between now and the end of the season. OK he might come on as sub and nick a goal, but what we need right now is a menace, a threatening CF who scares the sh*t out of opposition. Dessers is improving under PC, but he's not at frightening levels yet. Roofe cant be relied on in what is going to be a tight run in.

Dessers (given his nigerian peformance) has to be No.1

Never thought id write that..................................

This is all in my opinion:

At this point in the season, Kemar Roofe is no longer playing for Rangers, he is playing for himself and will do whatever it takes to get himself a contract next season with another team. That will require a fine balancing act from him between performing well in moments but also not playing too much to increase the risk of him getting injured.

He knows he needs to be fit around June to win a contract with another team in the summer. I think he'll down tools before the end of the season with another "injury" but he'll actually just be preserving himself so he is fit to join pre-season with another club to win a contract.

He is a very good striker but I'll be amazed if he plays a pivotal role in this title run-in.
As per my own post

who knows if he scores the winner in any game its a bonus we are not expecting so i will take that but not expecting it to happen

When he’s on his game and fit he’s probably the best footballer in Scotland.
I suspect we got him because he’s been carrying injuries now for a long time.
With 20 minutes left against Celtc at Ibrox and it’s 0-0 I can’t think of a better sub to bring on than him.
He’ll be highly motivated to get his next move in the summer and knows the games against Celtc will put him in the shop window.
He’ll get a move to a Championship team in the summer
The best footballer in Scotland?

C’mon to %^*&, listen to yourself.

Nowhere near it!

Of course he can. He is the best striker at the club and will give the best options to the set up of the team.

Fitness is his problem but if he is fit to play it’s a real no brainer for Roofe to start.

Yes. In every league winning side we’ve had, we had guys who contributed without starting every week. It could be one moment, as a sub, where the quality comes through. Ibrox against them, needing a goal with 10 minutes to go a chance falls to someone in our team - I want it to be Roofe.

I don't think so, no.

It's like you're just always waiting for his next injury. And it's never too far away.

Don't see it being any different this time.

I’d like to think he will get 20 goals in the remaining games and then injure himself lifting the league trophy!

Be tempted to start him against the scum next week tbh.

We’re not going to get him playing 90 minutes every week but he’ll hopefully have some important goals left in him.

He already came back under Clement and got injured Jesus couldn't heal Roffe

If he gets only one winning goal and we win the tittle he will leave with my gratitude.

Wouldn’t put it past him to net the winner next Sunday but should be from the bench.

Back