Castore Christmas letdown

DavyMcK

Official Ticketer
3 products ordered for Christmas
(1) orange and blue zip top, ordered 3 weeks ago - order cancelled due to stock issues 2 days before Christmas
(2) purple top arrives in plenty time but unwrapped this morning and missing letters in the "set your limits" section
(3) junior purple top unwrapped this morning and peeling on the utilita logo

Kids get loads, like most these days, so certainly didn't ruin their Xmas but just such poor quality from Castore, especially when the 8 year old asks how santa and the elves made it wrong.

Never had any issues with castore. Rotten luck hope it doesn’t spoil your day.
Neither have I to date, but 3 out of 3 this time and unfortunately they were presents. I wonder how busy the shop will be next few days with sales on and people doing returns

(1) orange and blue zip top, ordered 3 weeks ago - order cancelled due to stock issues 2 days before Christmas
(2) purple top arrives in plenty time but unwrapped this morning and missing letters in the "set your limits" section

Kids get loads, like most these days, so certainly didn't ruin their Xmas but just such poor quality from Castore, especially when the 8 year old asks how santa and the elves made it wrong.
That’s not good man - still a bit of a dinosaur that way that I like to see the stuff before i buy for that very reason. It won’t ruin their day / I already had to think on my feet as to why Santa’s wrapping paper roll was in the kitchen :rolleyes:

It’s a shame but we are where we are. I’m sure the board are aware, one more year of Castore and then we can bring a Nike in or an umbro now that we are normalised and have shown our powerful sales figures

That's not great OP. Only advice I would give is to check stuff when it arrives and it might have avoided the Christmas Day disappointment. That, of course, doesn't excuse the poor quality of the items. I hoped and thought they'd got over that a bit better this season as I've seen fewer complaints.

Have to say I have only ever purchased 4 items of the Castore Rangers stuff. It all arrived on time, most of it is worn, washed and ironed regularly - some of it twice a week if its become my 'lucky' matchday top ha ha - and its all still pristine bar the odd spillage stain. No peeling of logos even.

I wouldn't buy any of their Rangers stuff online. Touch it, feel it, see it and then buy it.

Had a cpl let downs to & quality on gear in general has been embarrassing

They are a shambles. I refuse to buy any more of their stuff due to the number issues I have had and the issues being reported. I get their could be teething problems but the deal has been in place for more than 18 months, no excuses left for them

Shocking op. I don't order anything from them after last season. I go into the shop in town and check everything. The amount of tops that have faults is Shocking.

That's a bugger mate. No consolation but you'll be due returns for them at least. While we're on the subject, has anyone had any issues with the 150th anniversary top? Looks great but terrified to wash it.

Yeah they are a bit of a joke tbh! Ordered 2-3 year old kits for my niece and nephew 3 weeks before their birthday and had to chase them up as had zero communication. Kits came two weeks after their birthday.

That's a bugger mate. No consolation but you'll be due returns for them at least. While we're on the subject, has anyone had any issues with the 150th anniversary top? Looks great but terrified to wash it.
My cousin is in his 60s now has always been kit daft has some collection , washed his long sleeved one because his grandson spilled juice on it before he’d even worn it, sleeve almost came off in the wash. He’s not bothered and ordered a new one for his collection but it doesn’t put a lot of faith in the durability of the Castore stuff. Having said that he loves our first Castore home top and rates it design wise in his top 5.

Not great to see they still have issues with quality and fulfilling orders, you always get a few but you still read a lot of similar issues to yours.

At least you can return them due to the quality, not that it is of any consolation to your kid right now.

The Mrs got me the hybrid quilted fleece jacket, it's spot on and she said she had no drama with the delivery, so it's odd that it's so varied with experience.

Yea same. Ordered 2 items back in November. Got 1. Even after emails to them, nothing.
It’s ok. They’ve got my money though.

I got the blue/orange training top for present today. It’s too big tho can I just swap in store for correct size if it’s still in packaging or do I need receipt?

Never had any issues with quality or delivery tbh. Actually think Castore is good quality in the stuff I have, both Rangers and Castore own gear.

The other half got me the white top, same size as the Retro top, yet the white top is far too tight, retro top fits perfectly.

That's not great OP. Only advice I would give is to check stuff when it arrives and it might have avoided the Christmas Day disappointment. That, of course, doesn't excuse the poor quality of the items. I hoped and thought they'd got over that a bit better this season as I've seen fewer complaints.

Have to say I have only ever purchased 4 items of the Castore Rangers stuff. It all arrived on time, most of it is worn, washed and ironed regularly - some of it twice a week if its become my 'lucky' matchday top ha ha - and its all still pristine bar the odd spillage stain. No peeling of logos even.
Under normal circumstances I'd agree about checking the items, but I think given the type of products we are talking about, surely whether or not it fits should be the only thing you have to concern yourself with?

I'd also argue that the scale of the Castore issues are beyond anything we've dealt with before.

Got an email from them this morning all kits half price, bit crap doing it on xmas day when parents have already splashed out

Just went onto the site, its not even 50% off email false then

Was it a 5 year deal we signed with them?

Judging the amount of merchandise we shifted to only get a few million from them seems very poor as well.

Very poor, not good enough.

Never ordered anything from them and I'm glad of that after reading some of the horror stories on here

Got an email from them this morning all kits half price, bit crap doing it on xmas day when parents have already splashed out

Just went onto the site, its not even 50% off email false then
Makes sense in a business sense, especially when my son is sat scanning their website now in an attempt to spend his Christmas money! B-D

I ordered one of the black anthem tops last week and it arrived yesterday so wasn’t too bad at all. Unfortunately it was my first item of castore and it’s tiny.

I am always an xl in clothes but got Xxl because I heard they are small made. It’s a good two inches of shutting down Christ knows what size I’ll need to be able to wear it

Other advice.
Firstly, don’t use online unless you need to because there seems to be so many problems it’ll give you time to fix.
Also, for the same reason plus, that it’s usually busier as we get towards Christmas, don’t leave purchasing till December.

I got the 150th Anniversary top today and I'm delighted with it, it seems to be a lottery with the quality of their goods which is unacceptable.

Had the late delivery from the pre ordered strip at the start of the deal so was hesitant about ordering online from them again but did order stuff during the black Friday week which arrived within days and had no issues.

It’s a shame but we are where we are. I’m sure the board are aware, one more year of Castore and then we can bring a Nike in or an umbro now that we are normalised and have shown our powerful sales figures
Is it not a 5 year deal we signed

I posted this a few weeks back. The quality is shit. I took back my last years 3rd strip to 2 rangers stores and the Castore store in glasgow last week as the logo peeled off.
Explained to them that I live in Canada and this was the first chance I had to get back due to covid restrictions. They refused to do anything for me.
I told them I have bought over 2 thousands pounds of Rangers stuff over the last 2 seasons and am willing to spend 400 pounds on stuff that day.
still would not help me. I walked out with them loosing a sale and I will never buy
anything again. over to you Rangers

Was given a pair of gloves today, just back in from a walk after having them on, threads have unravelled on one of the index fingers, premium priced items like this should not fail like this! Have bought a few Castore items, both Rangers branded and their own gear and this is the first failure. Still shouldn't fail though, when they are supposed to be premium gear and priced accordingly!!

I posted this a few weeks back. The quality is shit. I took back my last years 3rd strip to 2 rangers stores and the Castore store in glasgow last week as the logo peeled off.
Explained to them that I live in Canada and this was the first chance I had to get back due to covid restrictions. They refused to do anything for me.
I told them I have bought over 2 thousands pounds of Rangers stuff over the last 2 seasons and am willing to spend 400 pounds on stuff that day.
still would not help me. I walked out with them loosing a sale and I will never buy
anything again. over to you Rangers
was going to buy top for grandson good to no that as i live in Ohio.

Back