Castore do a number of clubs kit now do you think we are still the “Jewel in the crown” for them?

I've always wondered this but there's obviously clear answers or you'd have Man Utd and Liverpool etc doing it by the bucket load
If tops are getting knocked out at £70 a touch now, and must be relatively cheap to manufacture, £3, £10, £15 again I've no idea, why wouldn't a club build a Warehouse and make their own stuff? Even the sponsor money etc are bound to eat away at the running costs of such a thing?

We'll sell the most for them anyway.

I reckon our new kit is the best out of all the 23-24 Castore kits.

How does the deal stack up against the Yahoos. I realise we're comparing rotten apples and oranges, but broadly speaking, do adidas give them more per unit shifted than Castore do for us?

I've always wondered this but there's obviously clear answers or you'd have Man Utd and Liverpool etc doing it by the bucket load
If tops are getting knocked out at £70 a touch now, and must be relatively cheap to manufacture, £3, £10, £15 again I've no idea, why wouldn't a club build a Warehouse and make their own stuff? Even the sponsor money etc are bound to eat away at the running costs of such a thing?

David Murray did that with us and admiral.

If my memory serves me he actually bought admiral.

Signed us up.

Sold admiral

I would love to understand the market research that goes into kit design. If Castore ran things like focus groups, they would've avoided the backlash of the purple kit where had they made it stripes like the original, folk would've loved it.

Ideally, I would prefer a smaller brand but one that actually does original designs & not some bland cookie-cutter refreshes every year across their clubs.

According to David Edgar the club love Castore as they pay us a lot of money and it’s on time for very time. As a commercial partner that’s a massive plus.
Unless the club get a massive offer from an adidas or Nike then I reckon we’ll renew our agreement post 2025
I'm warming to Castore. They are no longer noobs on the scene and the shirts have embroidered crests now instead of peel off prints. Castore are everywhere from football to cricket to formula 1 and even, briefly, AFL here in Australia.

The need to knock this 4 shirts a season on the nut. Otherwise I like what they put out. They do need to sort out the stock levels though

It's a fair suggestion, and if ever it was achievable then now with our current board might be a chance to explore it.

I'm fairly certain we have a prominent director or shareholder whose whole business is based on logistics like that in the Far East.

All I want to know about castore is when our deal is up and we can get a decent brand

I don't really mind Castore, they're basically giving their sale stuff away just now as well. Although I did buy a jacket last week for £32 and it is now £15 :mad:

I think the only top I've had that the quality wasn't the best was the 2020/21 home kit, but given the relative short timeframe they had I am prepared to over look it now especially as the three home kits I have bought since, including the one released this week have been great quality.

Even their customer service in my limited experience has been been a lot better, just wish they would stop using Evri but there are bigger and better companies than Castore using them unfortunately.

I am aware that there have been some horror stories from some of our fans so I can only give my own honest opinion from my experience with them.

Cash will always be king to the board and rightly so and unless the likes of Nike, who are my personal favourite sports brand, match what Castore pay us as well as running the full retail operation then I don't see anything changing in the short to medium term.

It's a fair suggestion, and if ever it was achievable then now with our current board might be a chance to explore it.

I'm fairly certain we have a prominent director or shareholder whose whole business is based on logistics like that in the Far East.

There was a section of the support apoplectic that the club spent money building NEH instead of diverting the funds to buying more players.

They aren’t going to settle for funds being diverted into taking the retail operation in house once again.

Newcastle are nowhere near a global brand. Outside of Geordies, nobody wears their gear.
Yeah I get that, I remember the ntl days when we sold more than Newcastle and Villa combined.
I'm possibly overestimating the effect their new found 'success' + EPL exposure + commercial budget will have on sales in Asia etc.

Newcastle are nowhere near a global brand. Outside of Geordies, nobody wears their gear.
yeah, but I would expect that to change (as will Castore) once they start to win trophies in the near future. I expect no one in Asia knew who Man City were previously, but they'll be selling masses over there.

We will be one of their biggest sellers if not their biggest.

I've only bought a home kit for my son which I thought was very good quality compared to some other ones I've got him. I got a top for myself but only wore it once so can't comment on the durability.

I would love to understand the market research that goes into kit design. If Castore ran things like focus groups, they would've avoided the backlash of the purple kit where had they made it stripes like the original, folk would've loved it.

Ideally, I would prefer a smaller brand but one that actually does original designs & not some bland cookie-cutter refreshes every year across their clubs.
If they’d made it too similar they would have been sued.

If they’d made it too similar they would have been sued.
There's ways around that, our new kit is similar to the 09/10 top but I doubt Umbro will be suing us (even though they should because knowing us they would win).

It doesn't need to be an exact remake, Adidas don't have a trademark on stripes.

Sooner we’re rid the better.

The kit last year with the defunct company logo at the back is just one of many examples of the omnishambles.
They can be blamed for many things but a charlatan company going burst after strips we’re made is hardly they’re fault.

Castore will focus on the strips that sell the most - Rangers seem to shift a lot despite the eternal whining on here about the brand.

I remember they done an interview in which one of the brothers said he couldn’t believe the demand from Rangers fans, and the other interrupted and said “If we put a Rangers badge on a rubber duck they would sell out.”
Our demand is worldwide, the Geordies are loyal but few in comparison.

They're never going to please everyone, particularly our fanbase which can't agree on anything.

Probably at some point but I'd like to think we'd want the stores back in our control anyways - it'd be a mutual phasing of it if it was too happen.

I just think we've for more important things to worry about than owning our stores atm. But in future I can't imagine we'd not want to own them either
I don't understand the Financial Fair Play rules but thought it was implied by some posters on here that the amount which could be spent on players was based on turnover rather than profit. If so, could that be a reason for taking the strip manufacture in-house to make us a bigger company and therefore allow us to spend more on players eventually?

Rangers have been a very good deal for Castore. Given them more exposure than they could ever have dreamed off due to the Euro success plus made a fortune from the record sales after 55.

It remains to be seen if it has been worth it for us though as the numbers posted in the accounts each year haven't been particularly impressive compared to what we used to make. Hopefully we can get back to Nike or Adidas and then partner with a retail company to have a proper Rangers retail operation selling everything and not just kits and training ranges.

David Murray did that with us and admiral.

If my memory serves me he actually bought admiral.

Signed us up.

Sold admiral

I remember that. Did we make and sell our own kits.? I don't know if that would be financially feasible in 2023, tbh. It would be incredible if it worked, all the money staying indoors, as it were.

All I want to know about castore is when our deal is up and we can get a decent brand
What’s your idea of a decent brand? Just a big name? Castores gear is far superior to the quality of Nike and Adidas. Lasts longer, washes better and actually some really nice stuff.

They pay us a decent sum and don’t mess us about.

They had teething problems which have pretty much dissappeared now.

What more do people want?

What’s your idea of a decent brand? Just a big name? Castores gear is far superior to the quality of Nike and Adidas. Lasts longer, washes better and actually some really nice stuff.

They pay us a decent sum and don’t mess us about.

They had teething problems which have pretty much dissappeared now.

What more do people want?
all my rangers gear I have got from castore is still in tip top condition.we have been good for castore but they have been good for us.you look at the amount of teams in different sports who use castore and we are in good company.

Adidas used to be great but they keep making same templates over and over with the quality getting worse each year.

I remember that. Did we make and sell our own kits.? I don't know if that would be financially feasible in 2023, tbh. It would be incredible if it worked, all the money staying indoors, as it were.
Must be a good reason no one does it

i think the quality is good but i think style wise they're just pumping anything out to us now knowing we'll still buy it
there's plenty of other companies that'll love to have us as their customer that would produce better looking tops

We will make them a fortune in sales - but the flipside is that we play in a crap league with next to no TV audience, so I suppose it is double sided.
This is the hard truth. In terms of kit sales, we're probably right up there. In terms of helping them increase brand awareness worldwide, we probably barely register. And brand awareness will be of much greater value to them.

I'm sure when they got the Newcastle deal they said they were their premier club.

Our new kit has the same collar as the Geordies too but with Europa League and CL exposure and a huge fan base I'm sure we're right at the top.

Plus the fact it was us that gave them their start means we'll be well thought of.
Our new kit has a different collar but not sure what difference that makes :))

Cracking pic, Can't help but thinking I called Walters wee Mark, and Mojo wee Mo. If he wasn't bending his knee's, he would be as tall as Hately. Just like Souness.

Just goes to show, the camera not only puts on weight, but it puts on height as well.

That's my excuse. The camera always lies, that's from someone who remembers when you put in the wee yellow Kodak number, and had to go in a week later to pick up the Embarrassing evidence.

Back