Castore reputation

Crispy Bacon

Official Ticketer
Just seen they now have McLaren, seems like they are really taking off. I think we forget we were their first proper go at it, the quality of the newer stuff is much better than it was 12 months ago. Done to death, maybe, but they seem to be doing well client wise

Definitely, way fewer complaints this season compared to last.

Sure they are adding Feyenoord, Lazio, Sevilla and Aston Villa next season?

McLaren tie up was there already or not long after we announced our partnership.

Apart from them selling their granny, I find the sizing to be on the small side. An Adidas large is like a tent on me, yet a castore large is tight as hell

I’ve bought loads of their gear , some Rangers polos, tops etc and a lot of non branded gear, I have only had an issue with one training T-shirt which the lettering Peeled off apart from that the quality is good .

The Garcia range is particularly good , although is pricey .

Zero problems with any of the Castore stuff I bought last season.

Don't like a single thing they've released this season so haven't bought any of it. Although I think I'm coming round to the 3rd top.

Bit off more than they can chew with us in my opinion.

The manufacturing wasn't up to standard, given that the goods were produced in China and Turkey.

The margins that they made will be overseen by poor quality.

It sounds like hit and miss on the purchases, some are fine, some not too good.

They need to source a decent company, visit it on a regular basis, and ensure the quality is consistent.

They wont do that though.

And seeing some horror stories on here confirms it.

I've bought loads of different products. Their sales are mental and I bought loads of gym tops, shorts etc for under £100.

Managed to pick up the navy retro trainers last week for £33.

Folk also know you're a bear when you wear Castore which is especially good in Coatbridge haha

I've bought alot this year, especially with the sales. And I genuinely haven't had a problem with anything I've got from them.

They completely fücked up last season and it’ll take a lot to recover from for some people.

The school jumper farce and the home kit shenanigans (China version vs Turkey version) wheras as all away and third kits were the “better” version.
These are real damaging impacts.

Quality of product (embroidery) left a bit to be desired but I genuinely think the root cause of that was time pressures with trying to keep up with demand. Which is also a damaging impact as they were warned and acknowledged the “tsunami” that was coming their way.

Yes there’s was the covid impact (which we were already in the middle of) but it didn’t seem to cause other major teams much of an issue.

Stockist was a massive issue also! Sports Direct were selling rangers Castore items that you couldn’t get for love nor money on rangers/Castrore’s one website. Also cheaper! How the fück can we let that happen?

They have upped their game significantly this season although I’m not a fan of any of the kits whatsoever. That’s more to do with design. The quality seems fine from what I’ve saw.

Last season - howling!
This season - much better!
Next season - hopefully prosper further!

I think they took over for us in the midst of covid, supply lines struggling in every company, only had a few months to get everything sorted when these things can usually take much longer. It was a shambles at first but they took over at the worst possible time.

Anytime I buy anything these days I don’t have a problem, they seem to have it sorted out, and they’re getting bigger all the time so I reckon we will be with them for another while.

Seem to be repairing their reputation. That first season using paying fans as Guinea pigs to iron out their teething problems still doesn't sit right with me though.
From a customer perspective I get it but from a business perspective how do you trial manufacturing at that scale without a customer to fund it? For all we know Rangers were offered a more favourable deal for this very reason.

I’ve never had an issue other than sponsors peeling on my training top from last year (actually a blessing as I’d prefer just the Rangers badge). Just bought a polo and retro track jacket that are good quality.

I will say the home top seems to run smaller this year than last year’s.

Just seen they now have McLaren, seems like they are really taking off. I think we forget we were their first proper go at it, the quality of the newer stuff is much better than it was 12 months ago. Done to death, maybe, but they seem to be doing well client wise
They were signed with McLaren before they signed with us.

Seem to be repairing their reputation. That first season using paying fans as Guinea pigs to iron out their teething problems still doesn't sit right with me though.
Bit off more than they can chew with us in my opinion.

The manufacturing wasn't up to standard, given that the goods were produced in China and Turkey.

The margins that they made will be overseen by poor quality.

It sounds like hit and miss on the purchases, some are fine, some not too good.

They need to source a decent company, visit it on a regular basis, and ensure the quality is consistent.

They wont do that though.

And seeing some horror stories on here confirms it.
You’d be forgiven for forgetting it was in the peak of a global pandemic

For all people want Adidas or Nike, when you look at the partnerships Castore and Hummel have got now, you've got to say we've done well with there. Think a return to Nike or Adidas would be good after our contract with Castore ends. Hopefully we stay the %^*& away from Puma their kits are rotten atm

Their first season with us was short notice for doing anything and we were lucky any half decent brand would go near us given the previous 2 were involved in legal battles with us.

From a customer perspective I get it but from a business perspective how do you trial manufacturing at that scale without a customer to fund it? For all we know Rangers were offered a more favourable deal for this very reason.
Maybe so but it's still us punters fronting up £50+ quid a shirt. We didn't get any kind of favourable deal as the end consumer.

Their first season with us was short notice for doing anything and we were lucky any half decent brand would go near us given the previous 2 were involved in legal battles with us.

A half heated attempt on pushing through sales in my opinion.

The quality of goods and customer service was dreadful.

I'm not a fan of castore in all honesty. I've been quite underwhelmed with their designs but in fairness I don't know how much they are involved in that.

They also fucked up some christmas presents for me so I've fallen out with them altogether :rolleyes:

I steered of the early gear because of the problems i read about on here but this years ive bought a few items that have been superb, I make sure i wash them on the hand wash setting as i do most of my designer clobber in the washer machine and no tumble dryer

I've bought loads of different products. Their sales are mental and I bought loads of gym tops, shorts etc for under £100.

Managed to pick up the navy retro trainers last week for £33.

Folk also know you're a bear when you wear Castore which is especially good in Coatbridge haha
I got the trainers as well at that price. It seemed too much of a bargain to resist as I would never have paid the normal RRP.

A half heated attempt on pushing through sales in my opinion.

The quality of goods and customer service was dreadful.
Again customer service was dreadful with every company at this time, certainly ones that relied on the global supply chain.

Aside from the home kit, 150 kit and some of the training gear which isn’t that difficult to foul up, the overall look of what they have produced for us this season is garish and naff.

Have had no quality issues myself but the aesthetics need improved.

There endeth the statement from the Hugo Boss RSC

But the contract must have been agreed some time before?
You think they are designing kits and ordering materials/manufacture while they are writing and agreeing a multi-million pound contract? It was announced on the 17th of may 2020, come on now :))

Their new stuff is night and day compared.

Back