Castore reputation

You think they are designing kits and ordering materials/manufacture while they are writing and agreeing a multi-million pound contract? It was announced on the 17th of may 2020, come on now :))

Their new stuff is night and day compared. Do you hold grudges for every bad experience like this? :)

Right. :))

I bow to your superior knowledge. :))

I know people on here have had their issues but I've had zero issues with Castore - I've bought Rangers stuff, leisurewear and recently golf stuff in the sale and it's all been top notch.

I've bought loads of different products. Their sales are mental and I bought loads of gym tops, shorts etc for under £100.

Managed to pick up the navy retro trainers last week for £33.

Folk also know you're a bear when you wear Castore which is especially good in Coatbridge haha

When in their shop at St James's Edinburgh recently, even with a sale on the place was empty, I think maybe what you've highlighted there is part of the reason unfortunately.

Apart from them selling their granny, I find the sizing to be on the small side. An Adidas large is like a tent on me, yet a castore large is tight as hell
Adidas tops do tend to be on the bigger size than everyone else to be fair.

They still have a bit of a disaster now and again ,few months ago they couldnt supply the west indies cricket team new sponsorless jerseys so the team had to wear old jerseys with old sponsor on them but put tape over the jersey to hide the sponsor as they were no longer sponsored by that company .

That was with the automotive area, they’re now supplying the F1 team too.

Got one of the Mclaren 1/4 zips from the last range, and it is top notch. wanted one of the McLaren/Garcia hoodies as well, but was always OOS when i looked

Just seen they now have McLaren, seems like they are really taking off. I think we forget we were their first proper go at it, the quality of the newer stuff is much better than it was 12 months ago. Done to death, maybe, but they seem to be doing well client wise

Sir Andy Murray and the LTA might have a wee thing to say about that. But yeah, definitely impressed with the non-Rangers stuff too. I haven’t had any problems with mine but there’s been too many threads and posts about issues for there not to have been quality issues

Sir Andy Murray and the LTA might have a wee thing to say about that. But yeah, definitely impressed with the non-Rangers stuff too. I haven’t had any problems with mine but there’s been too many threads and posts about issues for there not to have been quality issues
Easy now, no need to get defensive in relation to your next door neighbour! :))

There has definitely been less 'noise' about quality issues this season versus last season. No question. Not entirely gone away but certainly nowhere near the same level. Thank goodness.

I've had no issues with purchases of our Castore kits etc. But have always felt we were simply a means to end for them and now they've got other clubs/teams onboard we will be of less and less importance to them re quality and design. What I do know is they won't find many sets of fans that will buy anything with the badge on the way we do.

I’ve got half a dozen bits & pieces and don’t have an issue with any of it.

That said premium it is not IMHO. No way would I be paying full price for it.

Caught the West Indies cricket team on tv playing England in T20i game and the West Indies bedecked out in Castore gear

I’ve never had an issue other than sponsors peeling on my training top from last year (actually a blessing as I’d prefer just the Rangers badge). Just bought a polo and retro track jacket that are good quality.

I will say the home top seems to run smaller this year than last year’s.
....or you've just got a bit bigger :D

My own gripe is that Rangers is via Hermes at £5:50 per delivery (unless you qualify for free delivery) and from their own website it's Royal Mail and free.

Like the look of the new Orange 1/4 zip.

They have to get rid of Hermes as their delivery partner, they are a total nightmare and I won't order anything online again until that changes.

Also need to improve on the stock issues, All items should be available online and instore.

Bit off more than they can chew with us in my opinion.

The manufacturing wasn't up to standard, given that the goods were produced in China and Turkey.

The margins that they made will be overseen by poor quality.

It sounds like hit and miss on the purchases, some are fine, some not too good.

They need to source a decent company, visit it on a regular basis, and ensure the quality is consistent.

They wont do that though.

And seeing some horror stories on here confirms it.
I think that’s my concern with Castore in general.

That they try to grow too big too soon and bite off more than they can chew. They then end up cannon fodder for Mike Ashley.

Hopefully if that happens it’ll be long after our deal is done.

They have to get rid of Hermes as their delivery partner, they are a total nightmare and I won't order anything online again until that changes.

Also need to improve on the stock issues, All items should be available online and instore.
i ordered direct from their site the other day and it was Royal Mail delivered. the returns process is Hermes though.

the stock numbers this year have been very good, prior to the sale almost every size was available.

My stuff has been fine, i do wait till the big discount sale.s come around as there are decent stuff to be had, the harrington jacket was 85 quid reduced then 30% off ended up at 28 quid and it is right smart.

Bit off more than they can chew with us in my opinion.

The manufacturing wasn't up to standard, given that the goods were produced in China and Turkey.

The margins that they made will be overseen by poor quality.

It sounds like hit and miss on the purchases, some are fine, some not too good.

They need to source a decent company, visit it on a regular basis, and ensure the quality is consistent.

They wont do that though.

And seeing some horror stories on here confirms it.
I think that’s my concern with Castore in general.

That they try to grow too big too soon and bite off more than they can chew. They then end up cannon fodder for Mike Ashley.

Hopefully if that happens it’ll be long after our deal is done.

absolutely none of this seems to be an issue this year.

somehow i don't think Castore will be selling their £160 hoodies and McLaren gear in Sports Direct..

I don't buy from them often as their service and product is too unreliable but I did get a few gifts recently. The training top is perfect in size except the sleeves are way too long. It's like they've put XL sleeves onto a Medium top. I did also get a pair of their non-Rangers running bottoms and those are a perfect fit and very comfortable. Worth what they cost though, I'm not totally sure.

I did also see some of their non-Rangers stuff on sale in a store here in Calgary recently for the first time so it does look like they are expending into new markets.

Just seen they now have McLaren, seems like they are really taking off. I think we forget we were their first proper go at it, the quality of the newer stuff is much better than it was 12 months ago. Done to death, maybe, but they seem to be doing well client wise
Much better quality.... Apart from forgetting to put their logo on one of my Golf tops last week.

:rolleyes:

Quality of my 20+ items is top drawer.

Really happy with our partnership.
Only problem I had was first top. Which became unwearable due to sponsers coming off
Ive bought 3 tops this season without a problem, also got a couple of castors items.
They are not as bad as made out to be.
Hopefully the early issues were just teething problems

i ordered direct from their site the other day and it was Royal Mail delivered. the returns process is Hermes though.

the stock numbers this year have been very good, prior to the sale almost every size was available.
I had 2 terrible experiences when ordering stuff off the website before and after Christmas all due to Hermes. Would have been much better if the items were available in either of the shops which is one of the biggest issues. Having some stuff only for sale online isn't great, especially with the amount of customers going to the shop on a matchday.

I've given feedback to someone at Castore who is dealing with the issues Hermes caused and asked if we can be given an option online of who we want to deliver our orders as some people have no issues with Hermes and others aren't so fortunate.

Anything I've ordered in the last year has been delivered by Royal Mail.

I had 2 terrible experiences when ordering stuff off the website before and after Christmas all due to Hermes. Would have been much better if the items were available in either of the shops which is one of the biggest issues. Having some stuff only for sale online isn't great, especially with the amount of customers going to the shop on a matchday.

I've given feedback to someone at Castore who is dealing with the issues Hermes caused and asked if we can be given an option online of who we want to deliver our orders as some people have no issues with Hermes and others aren't so fortunate.
I've found it's better to order from Castore direct rather than the rangersstore.

Wasn’t that impressed with some of the gear last season where badges were missing & washing it was a minefield with stuff peeling off but this years ranges have been top drawer. The golf range was especially superb & the Scuba hoodies which are still available are absolute beauties.

I really like the Castore brand. I have more Castore stuff than Rangers branded. Pair of white trainers last week for about £33, really comfy so ordered the black ones as well.the 1/4 zips are all good as is the waterproof hoody.

Fair play, maybe they do Hermes for Rangers stuff or Royal Mail their own. Or for more high value orders they do RM as they know Hermes are useless and will lose it. Hermes are a disgusting company

Not had many issues.But my latest order that was placed on January 22nd
still hasn't arrived.

Emailed Customer Service and got a reply saying you have to wait up to 7
business days which is very poor.
Order still showing at Hermes Hub,dont know why they can't just
resend your order and take it up with Hermes regariding the original order
that they have obviously lost

To be fair like it alot better this season

All the training and leisure clothing is decent. Love the 4th top too

But I'm not keen on this seasons 3 kits, hopefully improve them next season

I’ve never had an issue with quality so can’t complain. However I think the kit designs are horrible.

Have bought the wee man all 3 strips this season and last as well as various training tops. Maybe I have been lucky but the quality has always been very good.

Back