Castore Sportswear

Jordan Campbell has just tweeted that it's a 25 million multi year deal.

Rumoured to be a 5 year deal so a minimum of 5million per season + profits.

Very good deal, if correct.

Just shows what a proper kit deal is worth, not the sh@tshow we've been enduring for the past 8 years.

Jordan Campbell has just tweeted that it's a 25 million multi year deal.

Rumoured to be a 5 year deal so a minimum of 5million per season + profits.

Very good deal, if correct.
Other details from the piece (good bear that Jordan)

- Kit designs being finalised for launch in July
- They are aware that the demand is going into the 6 figures in terms of units they need to manufacture
- Up to as many as 5 Rangers stores may be opening in the UK.
- As previously stated, retro kit will be designed for 150th anniversary.

I think this deal is as exciting as it gets. Looks to be a great bit of a business and TBF it already is. It's worth a year of no strips in the shops to have finally gotten SDI to %^*&.

We all said it - we'd pay any price to get rid of MA and Castore have helped us to do that. I'll certainly be keeping it in mind.

Other details from the piece (good bear that Jordan)

- Kit designs being finalised for launch in July
- They are aware that the demand is going into the 6 figures in terms of units they need to manufacture
- Up to as many as 5 Rangers stores may be opening in the UK.
- As previously stated, retro kit will be designed for 150th anniversary.

I think this deal is as exciting as it gets. Looks to be a great bit of a business and TBF it already is. It's worth a year of no strips in the shops to have finally gotten SDI to %^*&.

We all said it - we'd pay any price to get rid of MA and Castore have helped us to do that. I'll certainly be keeping it in mind.

I better start saving up for 2022 :))

What do we think price will be. They said in the interview that they will keep it in line with leading clubs even though its a premium brand. I had a quick look at barca, real madrid, liverpool and man u prices. Up to £100 for them.

As usual baffled by some of the replies on here, and the usual negatively on a deal for our club with a new up and coming company.
Looking forward to seeing the new kits and obviously buying them,along with top quality merchandise from Castore.

Change always brings around uncertainty, and excitement, in equal measure.

its okay for some to be uncertain
It’s okay to come to be excited

Rangers board, and Castore, have my full backing on this one, until such time as they don’t deserve it.

look forward to seeing the kits

What do we think price will be. They said in the interview that they will keep it in line with leading clubs even though its a premium brand. I had a quick look at barca, real madrid, liverpool and man u prices. Up to £100 for them.

£50-£60

The ones at £100 are usually the ones the players wear.

I'm hoping they're not going to price people with kids out of the market. I can understand paying a premium price for adults but when it comes to kids the pricing always seems to me to be a bit on the heavy side.

The kids are who you'll see running around the streets with it on and I'm fed up seeing mentally challenged mutant children all over the place in their green and grey.

Make it affordable for kids, Rangers/Castore. It'll be worth it in the end.
Good point mate

Said it before but the majority of that lot are more Rangers haters rather than Celtic fans. I’m honestly not sure what most of them would do in life without Rangers to foam at the mouth about. Beast FC seem to be nothing more than an afterthought to most of them.

The Celtic blog is prime example 99.99% of what’s posted is about Rangers the hooped hordes get about 2 blogs every six months or so.

They are more Rangers haters than football fans, that’s why they take such delight from success through corruption, the game itself is a sideshow.

Is this what the "setting alarm" thing Rangers posted on facebook yesterday for 9am today was? I was just a bit confused as I'm pretty sure I'd already heard this news days ago.

As with the majority, absolutely delighted with this partnership, video posted only reinforces my confidence this a huge step up from what we have been forced to endure , this is right for the modern era.

Does anybody have the images from the alleged Castore file from a few weeks?
The kit and training gear designs.

This is quite an incredible deal especially in this climate.

There’s no way anyone could have reasonably expected us to get a better deal than this. The club should be commended for this.

Dear Rangers Supporters,

It is a huge privilege and honour for us to partner with Rangers Football Club. We want to take this opportunity before the official announcement to reach out directly to the most important people within this club and introduce ourselves.

The first thing to say right from the very outset is that we are here for one very simple reason – to drive this club forward and help bring trophies back to Ibrox. Rangers is one of the most prestigious football clubs on the planet and the most successful club in the world; trophies belong here. These are not empty words - as the new kit and retail partner of the club, we are committed to adding value and contributing to Ranger’s next chapter of success.

Firstly, through ensuring the players are wearing the highest quality kit in the league – Castore exists in a highly competitive market because we create products that are undisputedly superior to our competitors. We create fabrics that are lighter, more flexible and more durable than anything else in the market and work with the best manufacturing facilities in the world; we have complete confidence our products will enhance world class athletes. Sport at the very highest level often comes down to the smallest margins and we will do everything we can to give Rangers players an edge. As for the designs of our new Rangers kits, we’ll let you be the judge of those yourselves.

Secondly, we want to sell more products to Rangers fans all over the world. In a clean break from how things have been done in the past, Rangers Football Club will benefit directly from every product we sell. The more we sell, the more money flows straight back into the club. Castore is a digitally native brand, already selling into over 60 countries worldwide and we will use our expertise to leverage Rangers global brand recognition. Rangers has one of the largest, most passionate and most international fan bases in the world. We will utilise our expertise to better serve these fans and in the process look to create a blueprint that can deliver long term financial benefits to the club. We also have incredibly exciting plans for the megastore which we will refurbish and reopen in the coming months. All of the great clubs of European football have stadium megastores befitting their status and Rangers will be no different. We will make the megastore one fans can be proud of and call their own.

When we founded Castore four years ago it was with the desire of building a global brand. Not an easy goal to achieve but the idea of being content with anything less appeals to neither of us. In a past life, we both had ambitions of playing professional football ourselves – unfortunately neither of us had the talent to get to the top so instead we want to do something where we could genuinely challenge the very best. The sportswear market is one of the most competitive in the world and the desire to compete is what drives us. A small clique of American and German brands have dominated the global sportswear market for so long and we see no reason whatsoever why a British brand cannot disrupt the status quo. Our business has grown extremely rapidly since we started and we now have a group of very strong investors backing us, with very high expectations. Partnering with Rangers is a seminal milestone for us on our journey of building Castore into the brand we want it to be and we have absolutely no intention of stopping before we get there.

We made the decision to enter the football market 12 months ago and our strategy is simple – to partner with clubs who have a deep history and heritage, a global fan base and the ability to win trophies. It is the final of these points which most excites us. We will partner with 3-5 leading clubs across Europe in the next 18 months and had a number of options available to us when choosing our first partner. Nobody came close to matching Rangers and we cannot wait to be part of the next chapter of success for this phenomenal football club.

Castore is proud of our Liverpool roots and the city of Glasgow and Rangers as a club share many of the values which are important to us – resilience, a commitment to hard work, a desire to overcome the odds. Nothing worth having in life comes easy and success is earned. Our brand ethos which drives us every single day is Better Never Stops – this attitude represents both cities very well and it is this mindset which will underpin everything we do with Rangers in the coming years.

We will shortly be launching the new kits for the 2020/21 season and are incredibly excited to unveil the designs to you all. An exclusive pre-order window will be offered for all MyGers members and we look forward to sharing more details soon.

The final message we would like to leave you with is that we are not like any other kit partner you have had previously. We have built this business ourselves, from the ground up, brick by brick. It has taken sacrifice, pain and an immense amount of hard work to get us here. This is personal for us. We are fully aware of the expectations in partnering with this great club and are relishing the opportunity to make you proud. We know that talk is cheap but in the coming months and years our actions will demonstrate that we will not let this partnership be anything other than a success.

Tom & Phil Beahon
Castore Co-Founders

Better Never Stops
Choose mailing list preferences OR unsubscribe

You are receiving this message as you subscribed to the Official Rangers Newsletter or registered on one of the Club's sites or apps.
This email is from an automated address so please DO NOT reply. Click here to contact Rangers.
The Rangers Football Club Ltd (Registered in Scotland No SC425159), Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD​

Impressive statement from Castore.
It's got the potential to be a great partnership for us and them.

A lot of the European teams have the official kit that the team wear and then a stadium kit for the fans. I guess like when we had the skin tight tops that Puma made for the players (always think Kenny Miller) then the more loose fitting ones for the fans. Don't think we ever sold the player issue ones though.

Stadium kit usually in line with our traditional replica prices of £50-60.

Hearing news, aka rumours, and the official announcement are different things though mate. Just like transfers.;):)

Fair enough. I just remember it being mentioned on H&H through the week and had taken it as gospel since then.

I'll be honest, I never get too excited about who makes our kits anyway. It's a kit. The players will wear them. I haven't bought once since I was an adolescent. As long as its commercially beneficial for the club, great.

£5m per season minimum sounds like a good deal to me. I’m surprised about the 5 UK stores I didn’t expect more than the megastore and a city centre one. It would be good to get a small airport one back even if it’s more for marketing and brand building rather than profit.

Anything been said regards location of the 5 new stores

What Bisgrove actually said was that ‘there was potential for further retail outlets’. He didn’t say it was a certainty or quote a figure. You’d imagine we would try and get the lease from Elite for the Glasgow and Belfast shops though - if Castore can see that it will be worthwhile. Bearing in mind that, at last, we will have a MegaStore at Ibrox worthy of the name. Castore may be cautious at first. This is a huge move for them.

Was about to order a Nike baseball cap from JD (to hide ma baldy napper) just seen a smart all black one on Castore website might get that instead, I suspect a lot of bears will be buying their gear who wouldn’t normally ( that’s factored into the deal)
Not cheap but quality isn’t

Back