CD7 Being Closed

stuartd229

Official Ticketer
Just received the email from Rangers, Club Deck 7 will be closed for Thursday night. I am lucky enough that i will receive a ticket for elsewhere in the stadium but no idea where. I have a season ticket with the option to automatically get tickets to all home games so i suspect anyone that has bought tickets from the general sale in this area may be the ones that lose out.

The email does say "one of the sections" to be closed so Club Deck 6 may be affected as well.

How’s this affecting Season Ticket holders who have already purchased their seat, aw they being offered a ticket for another area?

If this is correct, it's a disgusting decision from the Club.

I’m no disagreeing but, given the game was very close to a sell-out, it would be impossible to relocate all 3000 people. Someone had to miss out. Difficult decision. I’d guess they’ve gone for the area with the highest likelihood of being the area that led to the charges rather than folks from, for example, the generally ‘quieter’ Club Deck.

I’m no disagreeing but, given the game was very close to a sell-out, it would be impossible to relocate all 3000 people. Someone had to miss out. Difficult decision. I’d guess they’ve gone for the area with the highest likelihood of being the area that led to the charges rather than folks from, for example, the generally ‘quieter’ Club Deck.
I don't find it fair that the UB are getting singled out when most of the stadium sang the 'offending' song.

Anyone know what this means if you have a ticket elsewhere? Is it secure or might some folk have single game tickets withdrawn to reallocate season ticket holders for instance?

Correct decision re club deck . Out of sight , least effect on players and atmosphere .

No idea why BF1 is being shut , if true it’s clear the club are putting “ blame “ onto that section .

Correct decision re club deck . Out of sight , least effect on players and atmosphere .

No idea why BF1 is being shut , if true it’s clear the club are putting “ blame “ onto that section .
Hopefully the club deck fans are placed in BF1. That way it won't look terrible. If you have no idea why BF1 is being shut, you need to wake up and read the comments on this forum today.

I don't find it fair that the UB are getting singled out when most of the stadium sang the 'offending' song.

I’m not sure ‘fair’ comes into it. The UB08 enjoy getting the praise for getting things going at Ibrox - and they deserve that praise. However, if they are the instigators of the ‘good’ stuff it’s not a huge leap to adjudge them responsible for the ‘bad’ stuff as well.

I’m not sure ‘fair’ comes into it. The UB08 enjoy getting the praise for getting things going at Ibrox - and they deserve that praise. However, if they are the instigators of the ‘good’ stuff it’s not a huge leap to adjudge them responsible for the ‘bad’ stuff as well.
They didn't make most of the stadium sing the 'bad' words. If they were the only ones singing it, then I would understand the decision, but the whole stadium was belting it out.

Someone had to take the hit.

Might as well be the UB.

If they don’t like it, they can lead the fan effort to combat sectarian singing.
So you alienate and target your prominent fans for most of Ibrox singing the same songs as them?

So you alienate and target your prominent fans for most of Ibrox singing the same songs as them?
Sure. It makes logical sense to do so. Make the punishment hit as hard as possible.

Why would Rangers and UEFA want to do anything else? They want to stamp out sectarian singing. So you hit the singing section.

Shame for the UB as they give the atmosphere every game week in week out. But some people had to miss out

Sure. It makes logical sense to do so. Make the punishment hit as hard as possible.

Why would Rangers and UEFA want to do anything else? They want to stamp out sectarian singing. So you hit the singing section.
'Sectarian' singing didn't just happen in BF1. The vast majority of Ibrox sang Super Rangers with the so-called 'bad' add-ons.

Someone had to take the hit.

Might as well be the UB.

If they don’t like it, they can lead the fan effort to combat sectarian singing.
If UB's and the club could get on the same page they could actually play a big part in promoting the right songs being sung.
Get them in a room together thrash out the differences, and maybe the club could expand the UB's section on the proviso they promise to lead the stadium in singing traditional Rangers songs and any new ones they come up with.

I hope they go to town on the club. Leave Ibrox sat in silence for weeks. Fvcking ungrateful ignorant dicks at Rangers.

I’d believe that they love the club and will now try to lead what needs to be done. They are the singing section. Fixing the singing starts with them.

It is harsh by the club but, tragically, it needs to be. We now have to fix this. Quickly. The club needs all the help it can get from those that love it. And no one doubts that the UB Do. The club has been asking us nicely to fix it for decades. If they have to start getting harsh, it’s on all of us. If we don’t fix it, we *will* all suffer. No one wants that.

Because BF1 is the only place in Ibrox that bothers their fvcking arses to sing pro rangers chants.

Trip to Ibrox. Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers? Glasgow Rangers story. Rangers Easy OK.

How much of Ibrox joins in with those? None.

Trip to Ibrox would be on the proscribed list surely?
I’ve asked if the words have been amended and was told no.
Why not?

The last 3,000 seats purchased on the public sale should have been cancelled. This would also have spread out the singing section without punishing the bears who spend a fortune going to every game by making them miss an important Euro match.

Thats wouldn't be a 'section' though, that would just be seats dotted round the stadium.

Singing section being punished for offensive songs being sung is hardly suprising to be honest.
Especially when it’s now been stated by 4LHAD that FARE reported sectarian singing coming specifically from BF1.

Will the UB have the sense to know it's just not that song. Its all songs that reference it. As well as the pope. Or would they start singing "Super Rangers' instead? They have to up to speed very quickly in what they cant sing.

Reactions: wpj
Back