CD7 Being Closed

They didn't make most of the stadium sing the 'bad' words. If they were the only ones singing it, then I would understand the decision, but the whole stadium was belting it out.

They are to some extent the official fan group-similar to the Stevie Clark incident they 100% started the signing.
If the group deemed to be the leaders in the singing are determined to sing the song UEFA banned then well we got what we got.

I sit in the MS just across from them...we all know they are doing their best to drive the atmosphere but they are young and clearly daft.

For any benefit of doubt I blame the club for this and I think there's little doubt the UB in their current form are history.

They gambled like naughty boys do sometimes and we all lost.

Is it fair that the UB get the blame when the majority of the stadium sang the 'offending' song?

Probably not, but I think this is a more subtle message from the club.

No UB's will undoubtedly affect the atmosphere, but so does 3,000 less punters. There has to be a strong and robust reaction to this from the club with a clear message sent to all who want to indulge is such nonsensical behaviour.

There's more atmosphere on the moon than there is at Ibrox without the help of the Union bears most match days .. still can't understand why we have been singled out when the mentally challengeds get away with all there 19th Century Terrorist shit ..don't start me on eastern european countries and there racism

I'm surprised people haven't realised the UB are finished it is clearly inevitable.
I dont understand this view point. I have been very critical of the UBs today and in the past. The way they can't seem to take responsibility for anything and air dirty laundry woth club in public annoy me.

However most their work is fantastic and would be a shame to lose that and can't see why this would finish them.

There's more atmosphere on the moon than there is at Ibrox without the help of the Union bears most match days .. still can't understand why we have been singled out when the mentally challengeds get away with all there 19th Century Terrorist shit ..don't start me on eastern european countries and there racism

Maybe it's because they chose to sing a song UEFA banned and give our enemies plenty of ammunition -maybe it wasn't too bright eh?

Especially those ones who will now not make the game because of them......

They could have been excellent but they chose to do as they wanted.

Agreed. There is a place for the UB at Ibrox, but not if there is any chance of them instigating banned songs. Unless they agreement to cut them from the songbook, I'm afraid they'll be phased out.

I dont understand this view point. I have been very critical of the UBs today and in the past. The way they can't seem to take responsibility for anything and air dirty laundry woth club in public annoy me.

However most their work is fantastic and would be a shame to lose that and can't see why this would finish them.

They've consistently started songs that the club don't want sung and UEFA banned-what's hard to understand?
They started the Stevie Clark chant-we had him on toast and gave him something to talk about-pure genius.
They even done it to Lennon last game and got away with it....

I blame the club-it should have been addressed a long time ago-now the conclusion to this will be obvious-rebranded at best.

Devil's advocate but maybe BF1 will be empty as there was evidence to suggest they started the offensive song in question.

They've consistently started songs that the club don't want sung and UEFA banned-what's hard to understand?
They started the Stevie Clark chant-we had him on toast and gave him something to talk about-pure genius.
They even done it to Lennon last game and got away with it....

I blame the club-it should have been addressed a long time ago-now the conclusion to this will be obvious-rebranded at best.
I fully agree with you in most part, I also think support as a whole need to back the club over UB in any dispute otherwise you get a carbon copy of the GB across the city in being completely out of control.

However I still can't see why this will be the end of them. I really hope they respond the right way this time but I cant see it unfortuantely will be toys out the pram again I reckon.

Do do every other section in the stadium.

Howcome the UB’s are the only singers, the only noise, the only atmosphere whenever they are singing “good songs”. But when it’s “bad songs” all of a sudden, it’s everyone else who was singing and not just the UB

Btw I’m purely playing devils advocate. I’ve said it on another thread, they can’t take the credit when starting good songs that the stadium joins in with but then wipe their hands of responsibility when starting bad songs that everyone joins in with. Having said that, they should in no way be made scapegoats as the club appear to be doing, when they start songs, we all join in, be it “good” or “bad” songs. We have to take responsibility as a united support and move on to eradicate the “bad” songs as one.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate but maybe BF1 will be empty as there was evidence to suggest they started the offensive song in question.
According to 4LHAD they were cited as the source of the singing, so this would make perfect sense.

As @DylanGer said, they’ll be lucky to survive this.

Do do every other section in the stadium.

The UB are the song leaders and that's what happens....they start the song and others follow...the Stevie C was probably a lot more sung than TBB at the STJ game probably because one or two thought it wasn't too bright at an European game......

That's the problem-now it seems clear to me if the club actually had managed them the chances of this being prevented were high but they didn't and hey thought they could keep doing it.

Instead of looking ahead to a crucial week we are dealing with this shite and all the complexities that come with it......I also think to be fair to the guy who use the megaphone the songs started from that section independently of his lead-which is another tale in itself....

Is it fair that the UB get the blame when the majority of the stadium sang the 'offending' song?
Not going to be fair whoever loses out but hopefully the message gets through this time. I'm a big fan of the UB but they really need some of them to police the songs better. Club will get fcuked, supporters miss out. Theres no positive to continue singing these songs. We've got so many good ones that WON'T fcuk us all over.

You can forget about a decent atmosphere on Thursday now.

No UBs and the rest of the ground too scared to open their mouths.

:confused:
It should never have came to this. It was all fun and games when everybody’s reputation being harmed but now it’s no fair. The club had to close a section so it makes sense it’s the section reported. None of this should be a shock to anybody, people have been saying this was coming for years.

I fully agree with you in most part, I also think support as a whole need to back the club over UB in any dispute otherwise you get a carbon copy of the GB across the city in being completely out of control.

However I still can't see why this will be the end of them. I really hope they respond the right way this time but I cant see it unfortuantely will be toys out the pram again I reckon.

My vague understanding which could be wrong is they were warned....but even that was bad management-it wasn't one or two incidents it was a consistent-this didn't happen over night....we were lucky last OF game the Lennon thing didn't blow up....it's just daft.

On every instance I'm mentioning we are cruising games and yet we decide to sing something daft but of course because TBB slowly and surely crept back in then many thought we would get away with it especially in light of what happens elsewhere.

The club went to sleep totally.

If it is true that BF1 is closed I hope every single one of the UB get relocated around the stadium and every single one of yous give it fucking laldy and get the full stadium being like BF1 is on Thursday night and get it right up UEFA , LEGIA , THE SFA , THE TIMS AND EVERYONE ELSE

You’d be taking away the majority of the stadium then mate, just about full stadium sang Super Rangers with the 19th Century Terrorist add on, no denying that!

Well so be it. From here on in that is exactly what needs done. Don't get me wrong I may not get down anywhere near as much as I like now due to work, family and financial reasons but did have my season ticket for years and sang these songs myself. I still would in a supporters bus or pub that allowed but it was made clear in 2006 that TBB and any reference to 19th Century Terrorists would harm the club.

We did sort it out for a while but it crept back in, this time needs gone for good, the club must stay on top of it and start getting rid of fans who indulge in these songs at the stadium and we as a support need to back them.

They gambled like naughty boys do sometimes and we all lost.

May have been their last throw of the dice but I think they can redeem themselves if they so wish (probably last chance saloon though). They may be young, for the most part anyway, but I am sure there is an intelligence among them and they can actually take the lead on a better path for what is sung at the games. In many ways they are our cheerleaders and I have faith that they can add to the glorious 'Barcelona 1972' etc with some new stuff. I think they have that inventiveness, it's just whether or not they chose to use it for everyone's benefit, including their own.

Well if we go out next week to a morgue like atmosphere the club will have done FARE’s job for it.

The club should be organising a fans multiplechoice vote for the replacement line in TBB - that’s all that’s needed.

As much as people will spit their dummy at this comment....

The union bears had the chance to steer our support in the right direction but instead they insisted on keeping the chants that have seen us sanctioned.

Can’t say I’m surprised at the clubs decision.

Shouting for safe standing and a bigger section while undermining the club was idiotic and maybe now they will realise some things are much more important than the pope, the Vatican, bobby sands and 19th Century Terrorists.

where do we lose our 3000 seats ( supporters) on such a huge night . Anywhere apart from pitchside would be my preference. The damage had been done let’s make sure It’s damage limitation on the Ibrox atmosphere .

You can forget about a decent atmosphere on Thursday now.

No UBs and the rest of the ground too scared to open their mouths.

:confused:

You’ll be surprised mate why would anyone be scared to sing our proper Rangers songs or songs without shitey add ons???

Lets be honest without the Blue Order the stadium would be dead - NO SONGS - Fck all atmosphere - OK they sing the songs and words the should not - BUT 90% of the stadium sang them when we beat the tims 2-0 - too many fake fkcers on here/////// It is right probably not but stop taking the moral high ground - change a few words and get behind the team

I hope they go to town on the club. Leave Ibrox sat in silence for weeks. Fvcking ungrateful ignorant dicks at Rangers.

Those words are more applicable to the brainless simpletons who can’t follow simple rules and keep from singing forbidden songs. For what it’s worth I think the UB could do with taking a look at themselves too, they do give off an heir of entitlement from time to time and a sense of being above the other paying fans. They’re certainly not the sole cause and shouldn’t be directly blamed but I think it’s safe to say they’re no angels either given the complaint referenced their section specifically.

Agreed. There is a place for the UB at Ibrox, but not if there is any chance of them instigating banned songs. Unless they agreement to cut them from the songbook, I'm afraid they'll be phased out.
I love the UB. I think they bring a proper atmosphere to the ground. If they dont promote a healthy songbook, they definitely wont be phased out, they will be thrown out. Yesterday was the new dawn. The old days are going to be finished with in a godfather style assassination. If that old songbook rears its head, they're done.
We need them IMO but we also need to compete. We need money to do that and the only way right now is through season tickets, sponsorship and prize money. Two of those streams are horrendously threatened as of yesterday.

I love the UB. I think they bring a proper atmosphere to the ground. If they dont promote a healthy songbook, they definitely wont be phased out, they will be thrown out. Yesterday was the new dawn. The old days are going to be finished with in a godfather style assassination. If that old songbook rears its head, they're done.
We need them IMO but we also need to compete. We need money to do that and the only way right now is through season tickets, sponsorship and prize money. Two of those streams are horrendously threatened as of yesterday.

the old song book hasn't reared it's head for years. FARE won't be happy until they've destroyed our support and some of our supporters are happy for it to happen.

Ban Follow Follow, ban trip to Ibrox, ban TBB, ban Build My Gallows, ban we'll be coming, ban Fathers Advice, ban Derrys Walls, ban Super Rangers, ban we are the people.

Good idea?

the old song book hasn't reared it's head for years. FARE won't be happy until they've destroyed our support and some of our supporters are happy for it to happen.

Ban Follow Follow, ban trip to Ibrox, ban TBB, ban Build My Gallows, ban we'll be coming, ban Fathers Advice, ban Derrys Walls, ban Super Rangers, ban we are the people.

Good idea?

You are 100% right about FARE no doubt.

Only thing I would say is that Derry’s Walls is untouchable in my opinion. Hell its the anthem that has kept us going since 2006 when they banned the Billy Boys. Absolutely no way it can be touched and I hope that message is relayed by the people it should be between now and Thursday night. It will definitely be needed then.

You are 100% right about FARE no doubt.

Only thing I would say is that Derry’s Walls is untouchable in my opinion. Hell its the anthem that has kept us going since 2006 when they banned the Billy Boys. Absolutely no way it can be touched and I hope that message is relayed by the people it should be between now and Thursday night. It will definitely be needed then.

whilst we're on we need to ban the red hand of ulster and orange kits too.

or are the holier than thou brigade selective in what part of the culture we ditch?

Don't mention f*nians, don't mention Ulster, don't associate with Orangemen, don't mention religion... or terrorists...

Where does all this nonsense end?

Good idea?
If we dont stop singing the add ons then its ban Rangers. We need to fight a different fight in the future but today we are beat.

whilst we're on we need to ban the red hand of ulster and orange kits too.

or are the holier than thou brigade selective in what part of the culture we ditch?

Don't mention f*nians, don't mention Ulster, don't associate with Orangemen, don't mention religion... or terrorists...

Where does all this nonsense end?
It starts with half of the members of FF thinking it is their personal crusade to exploit this sanction in order to preach to the 'poor confused bears' about the errors of their simple bigoted ways. It's been reeking in here all day.

It starts with half of the members of FF thinking it is their personal crusade to exploit this sanction in order to preach to the 'poor confused bears' about the errors of their simple bigoted ways. It's been reeking in here all day.

the club punt out orange kits man. They don't do that because Hummel like the colour ffs. The connotations are obvious and point towards a culture that the club are now preaching to us about. Happy enough to cash in on the culture when it suits them.

If the club want to move away from any religious connections then perhaps they should start by avoiding the use of the colour associated with a Protestant institution for financial gain.

the club punt out orange kits man. They don't do that because Hummel like the colour ffs. The connotations are obvious and point towards a culture that the club are now preaching to us about. Happy enough to cash in on the culture when it suits them.

If the club want to move away from any religious connections then perhaps they should start by avoiding the use of the colour associated with a Protestant institution for financial gain.

You're too right, man. I've never thought of that before but am laughing at how funny/great an example that is. :D

And don't try and tell me we signed Billy King for his footballing ability! :D

Well so be it. From here on in that is exactly what needs done. Don't get me wrong I may not get down anywhere near as much as I like now due to work, family and financial reasons but did have my season ticket for years and sang these songs myself. I still would in a supporters bus or pub that allowed but it was made clear in 2006 that TBB and any reference to 19th Century Terrorists would harm the club.

We did sort it out for a while but it crept back in, this time needs gone for good, the club must stay on top of it and start getting rid of fans who indulge in these songs at the stadium and we as a support need to back them.
I agree with you.
I think after what happened to the club over the last few years and the shabby treatment we’ve had, it was an act of defiance to the haters in Scotland, more so with the amount of crap the beggars come out with Scott free.
Unfortunately European arena is different so these songs have to go otherwise it will hurt the club further.

Anyone who says this is isolated or a small section of the support is talking crap, it’s the majority of us, me included who’ve been singing TBB & Super Rangers, (I hate the 50p flute song btw).

We all know the rules, just need to start following them again unfortunately, but it’s for the good of the club!

Back