Cedric Itten

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that you are in a very small minority with your opinion here, in what is a generally impatient support at the best of times. Our management team, who scouted the guy and currently have a great record on that front, also state that they are very happy with the way he's settled in and the progress he's making. He also had a couple of injury setbacks.
But you continue to spout garbage as 'facts' and we should all 'mark your words' that he'll be gone sooner than later. You'd probably have said the same about Mark Hateley 3 months into his Rangers career. You're just embarrassing yourself!
As I said not every signing works scouts get it wrong players don’t settle basically every signing is a gamble some you win some you lose obviously the management team will say they are happy with him what else can they say publicly ? But privately the alarm bells will be ringing we are in a fortunate position just know that we are scoring for fun and well off up front so he is getting an easy time of it but If we lose Morelos or Roofe and he has to play we could be in trouble listen I want him to prove me wrong but I just can’t see anything in his performances up to now to do that

He will come good. He gets involved and work rate is really good. Needs a run of games. Get the business done on Thursday and he starts against Poznań, definitely has a part to play this season

Seems to be fit, strong and athletic, certainly gets around the pitch well and can stretch defenders.
Being used as a foil for the main striker seems ideal for him at the moment, I'd like to see him pushing to be 1st choice next season.
His finishing needs to improve but he's certainly a good prospect.

I like what I see from him so far. Big physical, can finish(Motherwell, not a bad touch, good motor and work rate.

We haven't seen him put it all together yet in a single match but I think from the fragments there is a player.

I've seen Davis, Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Kent and probably more get some harsh criticism on here and then prove people wrong.

I won't be aiding to Itten being added to the list.

Give him time.

Good player will only get better with more game time him & Roofe could be a good partnership when Morelos goes

I would like to see him have a run of games in the middle before judging him but that's not going to happen any time soon. He has done alright on the right

He’s certainly got some real strong attributes. His hold up play is really good and he runs the channels well. One for the future.

I think the big man had a better game Vrs Killie a few weeks back in 0-1 game @ Rugby Park. He definitely gets chances & took his goals really well Vrs Well a while back.

I agree with a lot of posters saying he is probably trying so hard to impress he’s over thinking things. However I like his link up play & his feet are good for a big guy.

He also had a hand in 2 of the goals y.day so he’s in & around the mix most of time. I think if we give him time & he gets more games in his natural position he will develop into a really good player for us.

Hopefully over the next 3/4 weeks he gets another few goals because that’s what strikers thrive & build confidence from. It’s fantastic we don’t have to rush him in & play him every week...Itten will be a very decent player in my opinion & I’m excited to see how he develops.

The guys not had a great deal of game time and always looked decent when he's played. I'm sure he'll be fine. It's good we can ease him in. No idea why some "fans" have a problem with him.

He’s work in progress good player ,obviously it’s different style of game he’s used to. Not all players come in and hit the ground running. Think he will be a better player next season after preseason training. Like many before him.

You filled the last Itten thread with nonsense, telling us that his first goal at Fir Park was scored from a mis-controlled poor first touch, basically a fluke. That's garbage, as is your comment he's useless.
He's shown enough in his career to date and in his limited opportunities at Rangers that he has the quality to lead the line for Rangers. In due course, you will be proved to be the one that is useless :)
He says “it’s a fact” which either shows incredible stupidity, incredible arrogance or both.

I’m sure gee is a slang term for fanny in Ireland, maybe that means something who knows, but one things for sure describing a young player who’s really only just through the door as “useless” is pretty shit.

Cool fact:

'Cedric Itten is a Swiss Internationalist but hasn't played of late due to lack of game time at club level' (commentators)

Still played more than Ajeti who never get's the same sort of comments and is getting games.

This thread just proves the old Scottish adage, sometimes people just need something to moan about.

I have high hopes for Itten. Getting a game for a good Switzerland team suggests i'm not the only one.

The truth is he hasn’t hit the heights yet and if we were struggling, along with Hagi, he’d be getting pelters. Thankfully we’re going great guns and we may end up with a player on our hands because he’s been given time. His goal at Fir Park was sublime

He's miles better than Sadiq was for us.

And he wasn't signed for 3 months. We can't judge him until his time with us is done.
Haha, I don’t understand this POV. I remember someone on here saying they wouldn’t judge Grezda until the end of the his second season!!!

I;m glad most see him the same way as me, which is a good big player with quick feet ,team player and his brace against Well show he can score in totally different ways.
To write a guy off after just in the door is mental, McCoist and Hateley both got it and they turned out not too shabby.

I reckon he’ll be just fine, this is a good season to build him and get him moulded to our style of playing while contributing from the bench, he’s not going to displace Alfie, Roofe or even Defoe for the number 9 but he’s definitely got the attributes to get better and better.

I don’t understand that logic ? He has a 4 yr contract are you saying we wait until the 4 years are up before judging? That’s absurd. Maybe I am a bit premature in judging him and we should give him until end of season but mark my words he won’t see out his deal and will be gone sooner rather than later

Mark yer words... ok bud

I'll crack the jokes.

Cedric Itten, a full international for a team ranked 16th in the world, won't be going on loan to some jobber mob.

The guy is learning his trade but showed against Kilmarnock and Motherwell that he still has plenty to offer Rangers this season.
Plus, why would we go a good squad player down in the second half of the season?

He’s a fine player and I’m certain he’ll come good. From what I’ve seen of him he has a bit of the Kris Boyd’s about him. Obviously he’s far more mobile than Boyd became, but if you remember Boyd in PLG’s spell in charge, he was mobile and lethal in the box. If big Itten is played through the middle that’s exactly what he’ll be. He’s not a target man, he’s a clever player with good movement to be in the right place at the right time.

Unfortunately for him Alfredo is our number 1 at the moment and to accommodate JD he needs to be played out right. When we do sell Morelos, I don’t think we’ll be out shopping for a replacement, Itten was bought to be that replacement and he’ll take his place.

He will come good - he is a good player and is competing for starting slots with top in form players.

A couple of goals and his confidence with improve.

I can't wait to get back to Ibrox and see him improve.

You do realize that you are in a very small minority with your opinion here, in what is a generally impatient support at the best of times. Our management team, who scouted the guy and currently have a great record on that front, also state that they are very happy with the way he's settled in and the progress he's making. He also had a couple of injury setbacks.
But you continue to spout garbage as 'facts' and we should all 'mark your words' that he'll be gone sooner than later. You'd probably have said the same about Mark Hateley 3 months into his Rangers career. You're just embarrassing yourself!
He's the type of guy that will now be annoyed if/when Itten comes good.

The lad needs a run of games. How that happens is difficult to see right now, but some of the knee-jerk reactions are amazing.

FWIW, if we ever decided to go totally gung-ho in an attacking sense, I'd love to see what a 4231 with Kent, Alfie and Roofe as the three playing behind Itten up top would do to teams. Can't see us ever quite going balls out like that though.

People should get off his back he's not getting much game time. Work in progress and people who criticise him sound like THEM. Let's get behind all our players.

Agree hes desperate to score but disagree he will be a direct replacement for Morelos... its early so he deserves his chance to bed in but i just don't see it with him..
That's the spirit. Assume you have said the same about Tav, Borna, Helander, Kent, Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Alfie etc because they have all had spells of dips in form or taken time to get going

In fairness to the posters less than 100% enthusiastic:

1. It is an opinion based message board
2. Not all signings will be successful no matter how much we desire a 100% hit rate
3. It keeps us from talking about Hagi ;)

If he put his chance in the first half away the people doubting him on here would be saying he's the next Lewandowski. He's played well every time he's played. As many players have shown, it can take time to settle into this side and thankfully there's no additional pressure for him to hit the ground running in terms of goals.

He'll be a very good player, you can see it. He gets lots of chances, he's technically brilliant, he can hold the ball, run with it, finds lots of space and he links well with other teammates. On top of all that, every player in the squad and the management team seem to think he's a good character. What's not to like?

Itten is understandably struggling a little due to the seriously limited game time and high competition for places. It hasn’t helped him that Roofe has really kicked on and now looks to be certain starter. I think the big guy looks like a very decent player. I don’t think any of us could say with any certainty whether or not the club will be a good fit for him, but he has time to grow in to it. He needs to keep working hard, be patient and try to relax and play his own game when he gets an opportunity. Whatever he was doing at his previous club earned him the move, so he has ability. Needs to just keep at it.

When has he played any more than 10/15 minutes in his natural position for us? I haven't been overly impressed with him, but there's also signs he has plenty of talent. I'll wait until he gets a proper run in the team before writing him off.

Listen let’s get one thing straight I didn’t want Shankland I merely used him as a comparison I knew within 3 times of seeing Itten in action he wasn’t going to cut it that was my opinion I haven’t seen anything to make me rethink Some on here are clutching at straws he holds ball up well he links play well at the end of the day he cost £2.5m to score goals is he any better than Sadiq who was heavily criticised but was given 1 start and judged yet Itten somehow is being given an easy time of it by our support

Hiya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back