Celtic’s New Chief Exec holds forum with their support

So “noisy neighbours” is disrespectful but “Sevco” is OK? Aye right. Quite interesting that 30k accepted a refund on their season ticket. A nice hit to the bheggars revenue stream and indicative of their support’s fickle and disloyal nature. Or is that disrespectful? :)

I take most of the WhatsApp stories with a pinch of salt but the 30k refunds doesn’t exactly stretch the imagination. Whilst we were selling out against lower league sides, they were struggling to fill the piggery during their canter towards 8.5 titles. Celtic fans only returned when we did. Once more they have proved that they do indeed do walking away.

Sounds like a great start to the SRU man's new gig. How long before he's punted to make way for a Liewell return!

Faiful froo n froo

So if 30k took a refund in the zoom call season which I think because only had 6 games left costs then £3.5m apparently.....

Then imagine the same amount wanted a refund from last year they will be fucked hahahaha

I take it that Wilson / “ Dom “ know enough about football to realise that “last season” was the season that nobody won the League on the field of play?

Last edited:
Weren’t there stories from a few months back about the Celtic trust trying to get refunds for their members for this season ?

Sure it was around when it started hitting the fan around the time they were chasing Lennon out the door and the team bus down a road ?

Why Eddie Howe would touch that job still astounds me.

Always felt it was career suicide for him and reading this only strengthens that view.
If this goes tits up for Howe it could genuinely finish him from managing in the EPL again.

It's a gargantuan job needing to be done and their gullible fans still don't see it.

Sounds like he’s had a good look around and discovered the place is a toilet and the club is a decade or so behind the modern sporting world.
If you believe the rumours Rodgers at least had the coaching, diet and nutrition and sports science in play which was then canned when the bevvy merchant came back.

At an extreme push I can understand 30,000 Celt*c fans demanding a refund this season but its absolutely mental to think they took a refund in the 19/20 season.

TGFITW my hole!!!

As for noisy neighbours, they are now plagiarising Sir Alex Ferguson to win the hearts and minds of their support?!?

“Did Dominic just say ‘old firm’? “

sddefault.jpg

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.

Weren’t there stories from a few months back about the Celtic trust trying to get refunds for their members for this season ?

Sure it was around when it started hitting the fan around the time they were chasing Lennon out the door and the team bus down a road ?

Yes there was some stuff flying around a few months ago about them looking for refunds and/or shares in lieu of the lack of this mythical ‘added value’ they are wanting for their ST money.

Sure they said lawyers had been looking into it etc. Total civil war stuff which is nice.

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.

Yes.

I knew it was up in the air whether we would get back this season when I renewed. Admittedly I probably didn’t expect this thing to still be going on at this point but I have no regrets for the £700 I paid.

Got to see all the home games in some form and the money helped us get through an incredible season. I renewed again this week with the same backdrop and would do so again.

It’s personal choice and circumstances ultimately, but I would never look to claim money back out of the club and if you aren’t comfortable ‘donating to keep your seat’ as you put it there will be plenty who are in your place.

The dhims went into this season assuming 9.75 in-a-row would buy them a lot of time for the total re-build that is obviously reqired. They thought they'd piss it but the underestimation of Rangers was on a gargantuan scale (and to think DK was accused of hubris, this was on a different planet).

They always had a huge re-build to undertake but they are doing it from an incredibly weak position now due to the consequences of Rangers winning the league title, financial consequences and beyond.

'Disarray' underestimates their condition and I doubt there is any quick fix. With the people in charge at our club on and off the park I expect us to ram our advantage home for quite some time.

Anyway, one game at a time. Aberdeen on Saturday (unbeaten, 100% home record, another clean sheet, trophy presentation etc.). That's merely the start though, isn't it?

Last edited:
I work with a few Celtic fans and they were very, very excited about this forum.

'That's what the hold up has been, Howe will be announced when 'Dom' has this meeting' etc etc

I said to them, as I've said on here, its been weeks and weeks since the Howe rumours started and its went from a stick on to yesterday's 'its been frustrating,. lot of work to do'. There's clearly been a breakdown between them and Howe, or maybe Howe has taken one look at their squad, and money available, and thought F*ck this' but Celtic are still trying to convince him.

One of the notes from their meeting yesterday was that season tickets are being held off till the end of May as they don't have a 'Sales proposition'. Sounds to me like they have absolutely nothing imminent that will get the fans renewing.

We were renewing ST’s in massive numbers in the lower divisions to watch some awful football and the general outlook was grim. They seem to need a caveat of guaranteed success or they just turn on their own club.

It seems a lot of them need to go look up what a supporter actually is but we knew this, they are more obsessed with us than their own club.

30,000 of them taking a refund is unbelievable. You wonder how much the constant media narrative that they’re “awash with cash” and “cash rich” has influenced that.

The reality is every club in a league without a massive TV deal needs as much season ticket money as they can get and to know that so many of them took money out of their club right before their “most important season” really is quite something.

We have every right to pass comment on the refund requests from the self proclaimed "GFITW".

%^*& them.

So it sounds like they don’t really know what structure changes they need to make and are clearly nowhere near implementing them. They have the biggest rebuild for 20 years on their hands and don’t have a recruitment team, manager or DOF in place.

They clearly are not getting any investment other than ST and player sales. Everything is pointing towards next season being a rebuild season and practically a write off. This is where we need to be ruthless, add more quality to the team and ensure we get that guaranteed CL revenue

The dhims went into this season assuming 9.75 in-a-row would buy them a lot of time for the total re-build that is obviously reqired. They thought they'd piss it but the underestimation of Rangers was on a gargantuan scale (and to think DK was accused of hubris, this was on a different planet).

They always had a huge re-build to undertake but they are doing it from an incredibly weak position now due to the consequences of Rangers winning the league title, finnancial and beyond.

'Disarray' underestimates their condition and I doubt there is any quick fix. With the people in charge at our club on and off the park I expect us to ram our advantage home for quite some time.

Anyway, one game at a time. Aberdeen on Saturday (unbeaten, 100% home record, another clean sheet, trophy presentation etc.). That's merely the start though, isn't it?

Lennon being in charge after Brenda should have been a massive clue they were simply winging it.

I hope their mismanagement comes out in the dirty wash in the summer.

Back