Celtic ‘must issue full apology’ over paedophile scandal - Russell Findlay, the Scottish Conservative justice spokesman.

Is that where their banked "£70 mulllion" is being earmarked for.

Disgusts me.

If it matters, if the eventual outcome doesn't sit right with you then It's up to each and every one of us to call for a full public inquiry. Discussion on how that might be achieved should be encouraged.

MP's should be challenged to do their job, media heads need pressured to ensure the biggest sporting scandal this country has ever known gets the coverage those victims deserve.

This cannot be allowed to be just brushed under the carpet as they have done for Decades. That stops now! You, me and anyone with an ounce of common decency has a collective responsibility to make sure they are not allowed to simply airbrush this from history just because they've been forced into paltry payout.
Absolutely, 100 percent.The Rangers support need to make this happen.We must ensure this doesn’t go away, we need to demand that they are punished.We must go after them the way they went after us in 2012.There has to be a thorough independent investigation carried out.

As mentioned above, someone in our parliament should be asking Useless what his position is on being Celtic chairman now.
They won't, but they absolutely should be asking. The people have a right to know what their country's leader's stance is on such matters.

Scottish football is the only place in the world where a legal at the time tax avoidance scheme is infinitely more serious than a decades long paedophile ring
Tax avoidance schemes still aren't illegal as such. They either achieve their aim (of nullifying or reducing the amount of tax paid) or they don't. Our particular tax avoidance scheme (EBTs) was eventually proved in court not to work, so Rangers had to pay HMRC the tax on them. But nobody was ever charged, as we committed no crime.

The first minister comments and expresses rage on fake videos of Rangers players singing songs that offend some people yet he remains silent on the rape of children over decades by a depraved sectarian organisation. If you've ever voted for him or his party let that settle for a moment. And when you get the chance vote them out. Findlay's statement should have been issued by the office of the first minister. Why it wasn't is a stain on this country and those in power.

In my view I think there’s other members of the Celtic “family” that need to answer some serious questions. Why was Cairney instrumental in the recruitment process of Tommy Burns when there had been numerous allegations against him ignored by the Kellys on the Celtic board.

My gut feeling is that Tommy burns was probably one of the countless victims but as he was a Celtic man through and through he wouldn’t want the name of Celtic dragged through the mud. My suspicion is he got the Celtic job to reward him keeping quiet over what happened to him. Off course I could
Be completely wrong but that’s the only logical solution for me.

As mentioned above, someone in our parliament should be asking Useless what his position is on being Celtic chairman now.
They won't, but they absolutely should be asking. The people have a right to know what their country's leader's stance is on such matters.
A bit like wanting to be the chairman of the Jimmy Saville Appreciation Society and yet this man holds the reins of power in this country. Disgusting and mind-boggling in equal measure.

An apology is the easy way out and won’t bring back the 40 deaths potentially linked to abuse at Celtic.

What genuinely needs to happen is not for MSPs to call for an apology but a full public enquiry instead and for them to face the sporting and non sporting sanctions Penn state faced in America.

Them paying out several million and saying sorry isn’t good enough.
Absolutely as an apology will only continue covering it up. An inquiry will look at what happened and what measures can be put in place to make sure nothing like this ever happens ever again.

With the well documented cases of historic sexual abuse committed by the Roman Catholic clergy it’s not a stretch to think it happened at the shitpit long before Torbett,
The fhilth established by RCs for RCs and continues to be an RC institution.
You have to wonder why it was Celtic that Torbett approached with his idea of setting up a boys club. What was it about them that attracted him?

Did the SPFL not carry out an “independent” investigation into historical abuse? I can’t remember the outcome of that? But I do remember there was something sinister about the person in charge of it.

Members of their old board, who brought Torbett back after Stein booted him out, should have been questioned by the police. If any are still alive and have capacity, they should still be questioned.

Remember how quick he was to criticise our players when we won the league for s3ct@rian singing? Easily shown it was fake - no apology. So I don't expect him to comment on this any time soon.

The first minister comments and expresses rage on fake videos of Rangers players singing songs that offend some people yet he remains silent on the rape of children over decades by a depraved sectarian organisation. If you've ever voted for him or his party let that settle for a moment. And when you get the chance vote them out. Findlay's statement should have been issued by the office of the first minister. Why it wasn't is a stain on this country and those in power.
Wonder if any of the "keep mah politics n fitbaw separate" posters will show face on this thread?

What are other fans saying are they pestering their Club Chairman to have cellic booted down the divisions boycotting season tickets & merchandise, one moral question should be asked of them what is worse non payment of tax through a legal tax loophole/poll tax debt of £314M arrears wrote off for parasites by the SNP in 2014 or N.I. payments by a shyster carpetbagger, versus the molestation of children for 40 years preying on their dreams and leaving them with nightmares and a lifetime of mental health issues?
As I have phrased it before would you prefer to be jailed as a tax non payer or as a Peadophile and how would your peers in prison treat you respectively?

Posted this on another thread but more relevant here.

Let's not forget the compliant, collusive role that the SNP government played in this travesty of justice in recent years regarding Child Sexual Abuse (CSA).

They refused to include the examination of 'sporting institutions' involvement in CSA in Scotland within the remit of their national 'Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse' conducted by Judge, Lady Smith.

Obviously the main focus of its inclusion in the Inquiry would have been on Celtic FC. And all to make sure that the SNP didn't lose votes. An absolutely disgraceful and reprehensible decision which most certainly would have ensured the severest penalties of dynamic proportions on CFC.

Furthermore it would have smoothed an easier path for victims to get the maximum compensation and closure they deserve.

These CSA cases will now be settled at the 'court room door' for much smaller compensation awards with no liability on CFC.

The SNP should be subject to a national Inquiry for omitting Sporting Institutions from the past CSA Inquiry and made to apologise, as well as Celtic FC, now that these compensation claims against are being settled. Both are guilty

www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk

Nicola Sturgeon REFUSED to include football scandals in child abuse inquiry

Survivors groups called for football clubs to be included in Lady Smith's public inquiry more than SIX YEARS ago

Last edited:
I fully expect Celtic spin masters to be working extremely hard on making this a Celtic good news story. I think the basis will be that although the boys club wasn’t formally linked the club done the right thing. The fact that it has taken class action by some of the survivors and they have had to over come every dirty trick in the book will be glossed over.

It is interesting that this latest flurry of good news comes as once again they missed the deadline to resolve the issue. I think they now have a further four months extension. Imagine the pressure now on 70 year old men who have had a life of misery. Accept a few hundred thousand and give your family a nice lump sum or hang out for real justice and potentially pass away leaving the cash in the bank of Celtic.

You have to wonder why it was Celtic that Torbett approached with his idea of setting up a boys club. What was it about them that attracted him?
Their penchant for paedophilia along with the long established vow of silence within thie RC community on the matter within the family/institution of residence. That would appeal to a vile predator looking to establish an organisation for children that he intends to rape with impunity. I think that also appealed to the other 8 (that we know of) paedos that gravitated towards this cesspit.

Last edited:
“We know from our experience of helping survivors recover from abuse that children are often made to feel they were responsible for the abuse they suffered.

“To fully recover from their horrific ordeal, survivors need a clear and heartfelt apology which acknowledges that what happened to them at Celtic Boys Club was wrong and that they are not to blame for it.”

John Swinney should hang His head in shame. His decision for no further Police investigation and Sporting and Religious organisations be exempt from same , also saying it was a waste of time and money and not in the public interest was abominable.
It was so ridiculous that the places you'd most likely find the abuse were left out.

Far more should have been made of that.

It was insulting and protected loads of paedos most likely.

Watch him be attacked by the usual suspects
I follow him on X/Twitter and he gets abuse non stop on there from both the Indy supporting loons and from scum fans . The SFA have to sanction Celtic for their cover up and their scum supporters cannot try and claim that " Ohhh that was years ago and doesnt apply now" as to do that for me would be them saying Celtic arent the same club now as the club that hid the abuse for all those years!

They won’t say a word that’ll lose them a big % of their vote
Who they gonna vote for if not SNP they are mostly anti British the support in question. SNP just want to be toeing the Celtic line because of the influential Celtic supporting members in there hierarchy.

In my view I think there’s other members of the Celtic “family” that need to answer some serious questions. Why was Cairney instrumental in the recruitment process of Tommy Burns when there had been numerous allegations against him ignored by the Kellys on the Celtic board.

My gut feeling is that Tommy burns was probably one of the countless victims but as he was a Celtic man through and through he wouldn’t want the name of Celtic dragged through the mud. My suspicion is he got the Celtic job to reward him keeping quiet over what happened to him. Off course I could
Be completely wrong but that’s the only logical solution for me.
There's more than enough hard evidence to sully their "good name" without speculating possible scenarios mate.

With this mob people need only educate themselves with the facts and concentrate on that alone. God knows with the catalogue of crimes they have been responsible for (and I say that advisedly) there's little need for speculation.

Has this disappeared from the news apps and websites? Couldn’t find it in the stv app at all but I might be missing it.

It’s a disgrace that this hasn’t been given more air time.
Wasn’t to be found anywhere on the STV website and was on BBC Scotland website but well hidden. :(

An apology is the easy way out and won’t bring back the 40 deaths potentially linked to abuse at Celtic.

What genuinely needs to happen is not for MSPs to call for an apology but a full public enquiry instead and for them to face the sporting and non sporting sanctions Penn state faced in America.

Them paying out several million and saying sorry isn’t good enough.
sadly I cannot see that happening due our punishment! They would have to punish them even more or it would be like saying tax avoidance is worse than paedophelia and covering it up.
The authorities will shit it!

The Rhat bastards will not be apologising for anything. The compo payments will have NDA’s in them! Nothing surer! The scum are only paying out to keep their stinking name out of court! They are admitting to nothing! They are a disgusting evil cult and more needs to be done to show this daily. As for a SNP Government enquiry? Dont make me laugh they are Bheast fc biggest protectors and supporters. Sickening.

It's the 50th story in the BBC Scotland news section on my phone. 50th.

Its not on the front pages of any of the papers.

Nothing will come of this. No inquiry, no damning statements. The SFA will sit cowering in their bunker praying it all goes away.

Im 47 and I have never once seen that club brought to task for any of its behavour. Its either downplayed or ignored.

A full and sincere apology of the abuse and the deliberate and concerted cover up campaign over 40 years is the minimum these poor lads deserve.

As for Celtic, they should be booted out of the league and stripped of every “honour” that they claimed whilst simultaneously and actively seeking to pervert the course of justice and conceal appalling crimes.

A full public inquiry is absolutely essential here, as well as the most severe and punitive sanctions imposed by our football authorities.

Anything less is a permanent stain on Scotland, Scottish Football and Scottish Justice.

Back