Celtic are poised to pay multimillion-pound damages within months after agreeing to settle legal claims over systematic child abuse

How was it not Celtc's fault, mate. ? They literally covered up a paedo scandal, then invited back into the fold a convicted paedo. ? They are a disgrace. They will be forever known as a paedo club.
Sorry.Worded the phrase wrong.
Intended to say that that they will twist this to make them look like the good guys and not the guilty party that they are

Well done to the poor victims who have got it to this stage, with the help of some brave people too.
But what about all the others who are unknown about in this huge iceberg of paedophelia ?
The police must look further at this ? Bust the doors down and go through everything. Do they really think this tip of the iceberg was the only criminality ?
The place is one huge Crime Scene, Jimmy Saville was up there FFS
Join the dots !

We can debate and chat all year which we have been doing. What I find moraly repugnant is the fact that so many people in positions of power have actively helped to protect celtic. They have actively stood on the victims in favour of a football club. This is where morals and ethics are lost, just think about that for a minute. The victims of this paedophile ring have been ignored purely to save the face of a football team. You'd think child abuse, paedophilia etc would really set the tone in terms of human behaviour but here we are people actively treading on other humans for the sake of a football club.
The celtic paedophile ring truly exposes the celtic supporters attitide towards their fellow supporters and perhaps future players who had been abused. Silence. Mainstream media will ignore this but remember it is the fact that it is and take solace in that, we stand up to organisations of abuse they actively DO NOT. Ignore the cries and spurting of the buzzword/ defence of "point scoring" the subject matter will never be worse than the actual crime. Finally we are seeing justice, decades later mainly through the actual victims themselves. I fully welcome it and will never regard celtic as a football club, they are a paedophile ring.

How was it not Celtc's fault, mate. ? They literally covered up a paedo scandal, then invited back into the fold a convicted paedo. ? They are a disgrace. They will be forever known as a paedo club.
Every time we play this evil organisation I hope we have a banner on display for them “Paedophile Cover Up !”
Would happily pay towards the lads funding one.
They should forever be reminded about this, they are trying to make it go away with hush money.
Evil.

Got a feeling the fhilth have a strategy to minimize the negative publicity that the club will face,
From the start this has been about the victims and what they feel is adequate for their needs financial and peace of mind and closer,Hopefully they will succeed my only hope is the fhilth don’t slip away completely guilt free.

Every time we play this evil organisation I hope we have a banner on display for them “Paedophile Cover Up !”
They should forever be reminded about this, they are trying to make it go away with hush money.
Evil.

Superb post, mate. The countless children and vulnerable young people who that horrible club destroyed, discarded, then cast aside should never be forgotten.

Evil.
Yes after a couple of days of minimal reporting through the media, this will never be mentioned again. A condition of the money will be that the victims never speak of it. It will be as if this decades long paedophile ring never happened. Utterly shameful.

Yes after a couple of days of minimal reporting through the media, this will never be mentioned again. A condition of the money will be that the victims never speak of it. It will be as if this decades long paedophile ring never happened. Utterly shameful.
Yep. And what about all the other victims unknown ? It must not be forgotten either and needs investigated further by Police Scotland. Talk about hate crime.

Evil.
For me this has been a bigger issue than us v them but for 12 years now we have been carrying the insult of Sevco in every social media platform out there,Although most normal people find child abuse repulsive and recoil from using the term but this organisation should always be referred to as Peadophiles,They have lost the right to be called a football club.

For me this has been a bigger issue than us v them but for 12 years now we have been carrying the insult of Sevco in every social media platform out there,Although most normal people find child abuse repulsive and recoil from using the term but this organisation should always be referred to as Peadophiles,They have lost the right to be called a football club.
Totally agree. They must be called what they are. It’s the truth. A Paedophile ring existing and covered up under full knowledge for decades. Incredible.
They need shamed for ever.
Poor victims I hope they get something from all this.

Afaik all football clubs as part of being a professional football club when formed in order to play in the league have to have Public Liability Insurance.
So in short I would assume they had this insurance prior to the abuse being committed.

What I’m not clear about is whether this insurance would cover those criminal offences of child abuse.?
Your last point is spot on.

Well done to the poor victims who have got it to this stage, with the help of some brave people too.
But what about all the others who are unknown about in this huge iceberg of paedophelia ?
The police must look further at this ? Bust the doors down and go through everything. Do they really think this tip of the iceberg was the only criminality ?
The place is one huge Crime Scene, Jimmy Saville was up there FFS
Join the dots !

Whilst I'm in total agreement with you and applaud the efforts of yourself and your team.

The fact that the actual Gov't with their Historical abuse Act, which exempted Religious Denominations and Sporting Organisations, shows how far the 'shettleston' will go to protect their own.

We also know plod alba is now politicised beyond belief and act to the diktat and whims of scum like Dornan and Harvie.

Not one post have I read on here showing an editorial in the press, pressing for action against this rancid organisation from the east end of Glasgow.

That is what Scotland has become.

Afaik all football clubs as part of being a professional football club when formed in order to play in the league have to have Public Liability Insurance.
So in short I would assume they had this insurance prior to the abuse being committed.

What I’m not clear about is whether this insurance would cover those criminal offences of child abuse.?
The speculation that they will be covered by public liability insurance makes no sense to me.I have grave doubts that you can insure against damages arising from criminality. Public liability insurance will provide cover against harm to 3rd parties through accidents and unintentional harm, it will not be applicable to deliberate and pre-meditated acts of sexual violence. That would provide a licence to rapists. It makes no sense whatsoever. Equally the extent of damages will presumably reflect the prevarication, denials and lies of those trying to cover up the facts. That in itself would be sufficient to render their insurance null and void. No insurance company will pay out for damages arising from deliberate acts by their clients

I have faith that somethings after being hidden and forgotten about reappear and wreck the life of the people who hide crimes and are dishonest.

Too me Celtic and their fans will face this at some point, I hope it's in the near future. Once the SNP are away and we get a few years of a normal leadership the crooks that are in power the now will do all they can to save their own necks.

Well done to the victims here, sorry for what's happened and what they continue to have to go through each day.

For any Celtic minded weirdo looking in.

Imagine it's your child that loses their childhood to a scumbag like the ones who have wrecked so many lives. Would you want justice or hide away?

It was beyond any doubt sc*mtic's fault mate. The evidence is in the public domain.

Yes still no mention from SMSM, this puts me in mind of our dark days, Craig Houston managed to get the damming internet message, Roddy Forsyth of the Telegraph published it and the shit hit the fan! Nothing at all came from TV, Radio, Papers for three days before Puff pieces came out and play down, then nothing. We are infested with SMSM which play down anything that shows the depths a Scum Club have gone to deny their part, whilst anything to do with our Club can only be negativity, even when English show the Truth, they are worse than Sum.

I gave up watching STV News years ago. Complete SNPtv and is just a propaganda outlet for Nats all bought and paid for by money the SNP Govt get via the UK Govt

BBC Scotland had that wee prick McLaughlin on and he spouted at least 2 incorrect statements

Abuse started from the 1980’s
CBC employees carried out the abuse

Wrong ya wee sleekit prick

Abuse started in the 1960’s and Cairney and McCafferty were both employees of CFC but he tried to make out the abuse was down to CBC staff which is wrong

The wee bastard trying to deflect and is complicit in the cover up

The speculation that they will be covered by public liability insurance makes no sense to me.I have grave doubts that you can insure against damages arising from criminality. Public liability insurance will provide cover against harm to 3rd parties through accidents and unintentional harm, it will not be applicable to deliberate and pre-meditated acts of sexual violence. That would provide a licence to rapists. It makes no sense whatsoever. Equally the extent of damages will presumably reflect the prevarication, denials and lies of those trying to cover up the facts. That in itself would be sufficient to render their insurance null and void. No insurance company will pay out for damages arising from deliberate acts by their clients
Definition of Public Liability Insurance

What does public liability insurance cover?​

Public liability insurance covers claims made against your business by clients, contractors, or members of the public for accidental injury or damage to their property. This could arise from an incident on your business premises or as a direct result of your operations.
In the case your business is found to be responsible, this insurance will cover the associated costs, including compensation payouts and legal fees such as the cost of defending yourself in court.
Public liability cover ensures you’re protected for these instances and offers something different to other insurance types. For instance, professional indemnity covers claims of fault with your work and employers’ liability covers you specifically for claims from employees.

Basically my understanding is coverage for acts of malpractice by employees is covered.
I may be wrong.
A key question for me is whether the insurance would kick in where there is no admission of guilt.
As you know currently they do not acknowledge guilt.

Last edited:
I really doubt insurance will cover these claims. Its not negligence or malpractice, it's wilful criminality.

Even if there was an insurer willing to underwrite that, the cover would have been needed in advance of the criminality which began in the 60s.

This will need to come straight from the PLC.

A rather unfortunate choice of phrase by the journalist to use, but just to show Stein recruited Cairney for the Boys Club.

Screenshot-20240409-163151-Chrome.jpg

Public liability insurance covers claims made against your business by clients, contractors, or members of the public for accidental injury or damage to their property. This could arise from an incident on your business premises or as a direct result of your operations.
In the case your business is found to be responsible, this insurance will cover the associated costs, including compensation payouts and legal fees such as the cost of defending yourself in court.
Public liability cover ensures you’re protected for these instances and offers something different to other insurance types. For instance, professional indemnity covers claims of fault with your work and employers’ liability covers you specifically for claims from employees.

Basically my understanding is coverage for acts of malpractice by employees is covered.
I may be wrong.
A key question for me is whether the insurance would kick in where there is no admission of guilt.

This is what was reported in the Bennell/Man City case

The public liability insurers are likely to cite that Bennell was more commonly involved with affiliated feeder clubs that would produce players for the City youth teams instead of being a salaried member of club staff.

The insurers would need to be convinced Bennell had a prominent role in the club's youth structure, where he abused boys as young as eight years old.

They are willing to pay as it benefits Celtic. It keeps them out the dock and makes most of this disappear for what is likely to be quite a paltry sum in the grand scheme of things. I see suggestions of £2m - £3m ( not per person but for the whole pool of poor folk they interfered with) That's a small price to pay for the noise to go away.

Celtic will walk away from this and be held up as some sort of moral guardians. A club who despite no liability done the right thing to help the victims of a separate entity.

I hope those estimates are way off.
I hope those who were affected get some peace and closure.

We always knew deep down they would weasel their way out of this without a single football sanction.

I may be wrong.
Yeah. And Jeffrey Dahmer insured himself for up to 12 serial killings per annum.

I'd be gobsmacked if illegal activity / criminality was covered.

Yes maybe but I think we can be sure that any settlement they are endeavouring to make would be without admission of guilt.
All about protecting brand Celtic.

So therefore they would not be in the position you outline and their Public Liability Insurance would kick in.
However knowing Insurance Companies they will do everything in their power to avoid any pay out.
Think that ship has sailed for most people who are not aligned to celtic.

Paying money to victims is a clear admission of Celtic's guilt in most people's eyes, although I have no doubt they will try to muddy the waters.

It would be interesting to know of the outcome of discussions between any insurance company and Celtic football club but that information will likely be kept internal to the club, and I would not trust any output from the spin masters.

So they got a 6 month extension last September to collate evidence, and they have now been given a further 4 months due to the "complexity of the case" to further gather evidence, what's the betting they get a further extension after that?
Don't think they will be anymore extensions pal

Far from my field of expertise, but insurance surely can't cover actual criminal offences committed by people who were re-hired despite the club/company knowing that person was a sex offender.
I just can't see any Insurance company that wouldn't find a point in time where Celtic could've prevented it. Or at least stopped it.
Instead, they covered it up. Insurance companies won't be falling over themselves to pay out on that.

Regardless, the figure will be low enough that I don't think Celtic would even go down the insurance route. Opens up too many questions, and they'll happily cover a couple of million themselves if it means it all goes away.

Far from my field of expertise, but insurance surely can't cover actual criminal offences committed by people who were re-hired despite the club/company knowing that person was a sex offender.
I just can't see any Insurance company that wouldn't find a point in time where Celtic could've prevented it. Or at least stopped it.
Instead, they covered it up. Insurance companies won't be falling over themselves to pay out on that.

Regardless, the figure will be low enough that I don't think Celtic would even go down the insurance route. Opens up too many questions, and they'll happily cover a couple of million themselves if it means it all goes away.
Doubt insurance will cover anything if inappropriate precautions were in place.

Would your motor insurer pay out if your car was stolen with the keys in the ignition and you asleep in your bed?

The ‘settlement’ better come with an apology for what happened then and what the club has put them through to the present day.

There should also be no NDA

Scum
It should but it wont.
That is why they are paying out now.
To not accept full liability and have folk silenced.
If they were not getting such agreements then they would surely have took their chances in court?

Two Internal investigations by their club that found nothing , no case to answer they ssid. They even had the audacity to claim the claims were scurrilous. They never at any stage , interviewed , or spoke to any of the victims in their investigations. and every one of the directors to a man , denied the connection between the club and the boys club , and probably still do to this day. No apologies to any of the victims or their families , blanked by the club.And our Government and Football Authorities have washed their hands of it throughout the whole duration. Will we hear Patrick Harvie demanding the club be shut down . ?..or will Humza Yousef condemn his favourite club publicly for their inexcusable defence in worsening the lives of the victims ?...Will Shifty McGifty or Michael Mulraney or anybody act accordingly with sanctions. ? Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Rightly, some of the victims will be seeing some form of compensation. Whether it is adequate or not is for them to determine, not us.

However, justice is not only about compensating the victims. There also has to be a punishment aspect which sanctions the wrongdoing. Some of the perpetrators have been jailed and rightly so. However, there should also be punishment where an organisation has enabled criminal behaviour.

This is, of course, a civil case so criminal punishment isn't available for Celtic FC. However, the SFA and Scottish football as a whole have the ability to enact sanctions. After all, what is worse? The use of a (then) legal tax avoidance scheme or enabling widespread child abuse? Sadly, I think we know the answer.

I’m glad the victims are to be paid out a substantial sum of money but there needs to be an enquiry into the very obvious cover up over a period of time at the club

Celtic have been brought to this situation kicking and screaming, no remorse, no thought for the victims, their stance from the beginning has been denial deceit and deception.
Generations of young people abused and mistreated, all that concerns them is the brand and their reputation. No ounce of compassion , anyone with connections to this rancid organisation are tarred with the same brush, shameful and disgusting.
The victims treated abissmally, while the perpetrators and the whole cover up community display nothing but disdain for the truth.

Got a feeling the fhilth have a strategy to minimize the negative publicity that the club will face,
From the start this has been about the victims and what they feel is adequate for their needs financial and peace of mind and closer,Hopefully they will succeed my only hope is the fhilth don’t slip away completely guilt free.
They should be reminded at the grounds of their sins by decent fans every week home and away. Never ever forget or allow them to forget. The price of child protection is eternal vigilance, Against proven perpetrators weather they admit anything or not

Back