Celtic Boys’ Club boss had key role in appointing Tommy Burns

Humbug

For a club that is usually PR savvy, they missed a huge opportunity.

You've got to ask why they went with the separate entity line. Mind boggling decision.
Their arrogance, being used to steamrolling everything in front of them for the last 10 years without so much as a squeak from anyone.
They had never been held to account on previous charges, however, it is different days. We are now in the information age new travels quicker than ever, we all have access to mountains of information and evidence by clicking a few buttons on our devices and this can be spread far and wide.

Great work gentlemen.

GourockBlue50

Official Ticketer
He knew but he didnt care. Blinded by religion that ruins so many peoples lives
If he followed his religion he wouldn't have covered it up.

He was blinded by the leaders who run his religion from Rome. He was also one of those whose first thoughts were to protect "the good name of Celtic football club at all costs".

He amongst many are responsible for the ruined lives of many individuals and probably the early deaths of some.

johnredx

The seperate entity claim won't wash in court, the high court in England ruled that if a club benefits from boys clubs by getting players then they are not seperate but part of the club,
I could be wrong but don't think so.

Blues and Royals

Rat of a man was Burns.
A true Celtic man. A religious bigot who claimed Celtic had been cheated throughout their entire history and who condoned the attacks on the homes of referees after old firm games. When asked about bricks being lobbed through windows and primary school children walking to school being verbally abused by grown men, Burns said...... ' I fully understand the anger of the Celtic fans '.
His whole ethos sums up that rancid club.

StansgRFC

A true Celtic man. A religious bigot who claimed Celtic had been cheated throughout their entire history and who condoned the attacks on the homes of referees after old firm games. When asked about bricks being lobbed through windows and primary school children walking to school being verbally abused by grown men, Burns said...... ' I fully understand the anger of the Celtic fans '.
His whole ethos sums up that rancid club.
Horrible loser of a man.

DadoBear

For me, this isn't about point scoring etc. I don't care that they'll potentially be out of pocket. What I do care about is the victims who've been brave enough to come forward, been belittled, ignored and bullied for doing so getting some justice. It's akin to the Liverpool campaign for the 96 in many ways. That its gone this long with nothing but denial and not even an apology is utterly disgusting.
I was thinking of the parallels with the Liverpool 96 campaign and the CBC. But I hope the outcome is different, as far as I know no one was punished for Liverpool’s injustice, Duckenfield was cleared ultimately?

I want these bastards nailed to the wall for what they done and continue to do by denial.

Macdonsj

What will the punishments be for Celtic as a football club

Can the current corrupt governing bodies be trusted to deal with it impartially ....
the latter, probably not unfortunately

the former

they should get (assuming that completely shutting them down would be blocked)

- demotion to 4th tier
- every title & cup won during the abuse years removed & replaced with an asterisk and no winner to signify the victims
- bank account emptied & all players sold to finance compensation for the victims
- jail time for those in place who knew and did nothing
- statues of enablers publically pulled down
- forbidden to run youth football teams forever

Blues and Royals

There needs to be a revolution in Scottish football and our club needs to have a plan of action that starts with Celtic being demoted to the bottom tier and every trophy stripped from their records during the years these paedophiles were under their employment. We absolutely have to wage total war on this club until sanctions are imposed, because if we let this go, then our position in this country is untenable.
The cabal will have everything sewn up for evermore.

Mind Your Own

No

Lieswell is on both the SFA board and due to rejoin SPL board again

A conflict of interest

Also Lieswell is far too busy with his own “internal investigation” into the 40 plus years of child abuse so given the amount of victims and paedos involved his time will be taken up - won’t it ?

Marc Horne again in The Times holding them to account

Shame on the majority of the SMSM

When the full details of the abuse is exposed the Red Tops should be hounded for their failure to expose and highlight the scale of this scandal

An independent investigation is required ans all the people who are working to close this scandal down need exposed and shamed

Well done all the people who are working to expose this scandal
We have a very strong aversion to independent investigations and to sporting integrity in this little papal shit hole of a country the wishes to be free from English rule only to be ruled by the EU. It just goes to show what a fooked up LITTLE country we are.

Mind Your Own

There needs to be a revolution in Scottish football and our club needs to have a plan of action that starts with Celtic being demoted to the bottom tier and every trophy stripped from their records during the years these paedophiles were under their employment. We absolutely have to wage total war on this club until sanctions are imposed, because if we let this go, then our position in this country is untenable.
Blues I agree with every word you speak, these beasts should be run out of Scotland, for the shame they bring on us all, because it does effect all people living in Scotland for we all will be smeared with that clubs crime, no mistake.

Gloucester Bear

They had their chance to do that at the beginning, yet they peddled the separate entity line. They are absolutely fucked now.
'Seperate entity' is an accounting term - as far Celtic are concerned this has always been about cold hard cash, they are not interested in morals unless it is something they can accuse others of lacking - hopefully the civil courts will put this right - but I wouldn't bet on it!

A1bertz

Any monetary links been found between Celtic and the boys club?
Funding?
Salaries?
Paying for boys club trips etc etc?
That £1m payment to The Trophy centre must buy a lot of medals. Was there any follow up behind that?

DadoBear

Expulsion from our professional leagues surely let them reform and peddle their filth in the Vatican City leagues, they’ll be in good company there swapping stories of child rape.

bedsblue

Any monetary links been found between Celtic and the boys club?
Funding?
Salaries?
Paying for boys club trips etc etc?
That £1m payment to The Trophy centre must buy a lot of medals. Was there any follow up behind that?

Didn't they pay them something like £70.000 the other year to change their name to St Pats?

johnkp

The separate entity claim won't wash in court. The high court in England ruled that if a club benefits from boys clubs by getting players then they are not separate but part of the club. I could be wrong but don't think so.
It's also a part of the long-awaited SFA Review -

Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football

para 3.73 - Historical and Current Relationships between Senior Football Clubs and Grassroots Clubs
The Review concludes that, if the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable on positive achievements, then when alleged sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then, it too, formed part of the history of the other. A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration. It also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies.

tobeornottobe

"Burns played for the boys’ club in 1970-73 "
The year before joining Celtic boys club Burns played for Eastercraigs where nonce Hugh Stevenson the SFA linesman was on the committee .
When Burns broke into the first team at celtic Stevenson told one boy at Eastercraigs that Burns was a very good friend of his.
Stevenson is now dead but the SFA are facing legal claims over his sexual abuse of boys.

Disco Deejay

Ther has always been something extremely off about Burn's defence of these animals, it's almost as if they had a sinister hold over him. Was he abused? Was he part of the ring or did he simply turn a blind eye to protect the Celtic name? Whatever it was, he's definitely no Saint Tommy.
A classic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

What is Stockholm syndrome?

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse.

With this syndrome, hostages or abuse victims may come to sympathize with their captives. This is the opposite of the fear, terror, and disdain that might be expected from the victims in these situations.

Over the course of time, some victims do come to develop positive feelings toward their captors. They may even begin to feel as if they share common goals and causes.

Ger572

Official Ticketer
A club like no other indeed...

A lot of ex Celtic figures took to their graves secrets of what went on and slowly but surely over time these are being exposed with great detail.

A disgusting, rancid and lying club who's officials past and present have/had zero morals whilst showing absolutely no sympathy or accepting any form of responsibility for what has went on.

These bastards deserve all they get and how anyone no matter if they are a fan or club employee can associate themselves with the club and look in the mirror shamelessly is beyond me.

A disgrace to society yet our countries politicians, football governing body and justice system turn a blind eye to it due them all being infested with Celtic people from top to bottom.

Allybear

Why would Cairney have any influence at all, other than having dirt on a Kelly ? If so, might that explain why Stein didnt/couldnt call the police and why Cairney managed a reappearance with a pay off. Was there a Kelly in the ring ?
Its becoming blatantly obvious that Cairney had something on Burns as well. Why did the peados Cairney and Torbett both employees of a "seperate entity" have such a hold over the whole Celtic hierarchy?

BSPECIAL

Can the current corrupt governing bodies be trusted to deal with it impartially ....
Sadly the corrupt help they have been getting through silent government friends,silent legal system friends and the help from scum press etc in covering up these atrocities give no confidence in getting justice for the victims or punishment for the rancid club. But I live in hope.

SB·

Justice for the victims is paramount but this must not be forgotten.

There is a narrative which must be set before the Celtc minded get in there. We know how that story goes. I’ll start:

- Demotion to the lowest tier of Scottish football.
- Removal of trophies won during the period when this was knowingly going on and enabled by Celtc FC.
- A significant financial punishment (distinct from any compensation from victims) used as a donation to youth charities.
- Removal of all involved from the Scottish Football Hall of Fame.

That’s a starting point.