Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Like everyone on this thread, I’m absolutely appalled at all of this. I’m 43, so this all basically took place within my lifetime.

Question: what would the justice for this look like to most people here?

For me I’d firstly want to see the victims receive public apologies, substantial cash payouts and full vindication of what they’ve went through.

Second, public explanation from Lawell or whatever other relevant spokesperson for that club. I’d say the old guard should be hounded into it also. Explanation of why they felt it just to suppress this for 50 odd years.

Third, CFC has to be sanctioned in some way. European bans, points deductions, title removals. Mud sticks and they’ll forever be known as pedo harboure

What’s your thoughts?
I agree with your 1st and 2nd points however regarding the sanction for CFC the only suitable punishment is expulsion from the Scottish professional football leagues. I know this seems unlikely but how do you quantify in terms of points deduction or European bans the horrors that went on there for decades and were knowingly covered up by successive executive teams. There should be some jail time for the perpetrators of the cover up as well but definitely CFC should be wound up and assets stripped and sold off.
I’m unsure there is the political will to do this, it very much depends on the groundswell of public feeling once this story well and truly breaks. I have said the same about the Roman Catholic Cult after countless child rapes and cover ups but money and made up mumbo jumbo still wield a lot of power globally.
I have made this point previously but if children were being raped by McDonalds Managers all over the world in McDonalds restaurants and the Area Managers and Company Directors covered it up, when the story broke they would cease trading overnight the reputational damage would far outweigh any financial/criminal sanctions and they couldn’t recover as was the case with the News of the World.
Rant over.

I agree with your 1st and 2nd points however regarding the sanction for CFC the only suitable punishment is expulsion from the Scottish professional football leagues. I know this seems unlikely but how do you quantify in terms of points deduction or European bans the horrors that went on there for decades and were knowingly covered up by successive executive teams. There should be some jail time for the perpetrators of the cover up as well but definitely CFC should be wound up and assets stripped and sold off.
I’m unsure there is the political will to do this, it very much depends on the groundswell of public feeling once this story well and truly breaks. I have said the same about the Roman Catholic Cult after countless child rapes and cover ups but money and made up mumbo jumbo still wield a lot of power globally.
I have made this point previously but if children were being raped by McDonalds Managers all over the world in McDonalds restaurants and the Area Managers and Company Directors covered it up, when the story broke they would cease trading overnight the reputational damage would far outweigh any financial/criminal sanctions and they couldn’t recover as was the case with the News of the World.
Rant over.
Fortunately many in RC strongholds such as South America and even Ireland are waking up to the malignant vindictive evil and mistruths of that abomination of an organisation

Is it known who the victims were that signed the NDA after the America trip? If cash had been paid and the threat of having to go to court and being told to pay it back is the only thing preventing them from telling their story, Would it be possible to reach out to them and let them know crowd funding would cover their financial position

We have had no communications with McDonald. His history doesn’t suggest a willingness to talk to Rangers fans, neither do his recent comments.

We did notice some factual inaccuracies in the article, however I guess what he tried to say was that Cullen & King, for example, didn’t go to jail despite their convictions.

I don’t know how he could ignore Strachan, who raped an 18 month old child.
Strachan should have been castrated for interfering with an 18 month old child Grigo , that is unbelievable he walked away from that , in fact it is amazing he was able to walk at all if that had been made headline news at the time i'm sure plenty of decent human beings would have booted him all the way back to the paedodome which he would have deserved the @@££££@@!32n animal :mad: .

Strachan should have been castrated for interfering with an 18 month old child Grigo , that is unbelievable he walked away from that , in fact it is amazing he was able to walk at all if that had been made headline news at the time i'm sure plenty of decent human beings would have booted him all the way back to the paedodome which he would have deserved the @@££££@@!32n animal :mad: .

Agree Alex.

They then lowered his sentence to 9 years, from memory, on appeal.

Disgusting.

It would turn your stomach reading about these animals Grigo and even worse waiting on that Club to apologise for covering up paedphilia and watching a government being content to ignore it as if it never happened , they should hang their heads in shame .

Every one of them Alex, and including up to Lawwell nowadays, whose company have been sitting on millions in the bank, yet he puts these families through torture, and stops them getting closure on this horrible experience for them all.

It was Dornan mate, and his own son played for CBC hence his knowledge the abuse was happening.

He's publicly called for meetings with lawwell and said celtc must stop peddling the lie that the boys club wasn't their responsibility.
He has also called people bigots who dared to raise this subject too, so it's really not clear what his position is.
Dornan is a disgrace and is just covering his arse.

His party shoild withdraw the whip and the constituents should bomb him out.

Having said that, there would be nobody left in that party to give them a majority if they went down that road.

F*****g crooks.

Last edited:
Not only that, he also allowed his son to play there. When he was questioned about this... He made some vague remark that he's done a lot more than others in exposing the crimes of Celtic.

In a normal country the press would be on his doorstep every day until he explained his actions, his lack of action and what he meant by his comments.

In a normal parliament the opposition politicians would be ripping him to shreds.
Your last line resonates with me.

Couple of months ago i wrote to Jackdon Carlaw, Wullie Rennie and Richard Leonard explaining to them they were missing an own goal here. The easiest way to bring down Sturgeon, Yousef and the rest was to go after them about CSA. Only got a reply from Wullie Rennie.

Bloody kiddy on parliament.

Your last line resonates with me.

Couple of months ago i wrote to Jackdon Carlaw, Wullie Rennie and Richard Leonard explaining to them they were missing an own goal here. The easiest way to bring down Sturgeon, Yousef and the rest was to go after them about CSA. Only got a reply from Wullie Rennie.

Bloody kiddy on parliament.

Every one of the Liberal guys replied to me, to be fair.

Willie also spoke to Adam Tomkins to offer support before Tomkins disappeared in a puff of smoke.

GY - Tomkins has definitely been intimidated

Made contact with Lieswell demanding a meeting and interviews with Alex Thomson on C4 re the child abuse at CBC & CFC

Then disappeared

If an MSP has been threatened and scared off it shows the courage and conviction of people like Gordon Woods, Michelle Gray, BN94, Spotlight and yourself and all the others trying to out these beasts and paedo protectors

Tomkins as a serving MSP should have been right onto the Police and got them involved if he’s been threatened and it looks highly likely he has been

GY - Tomkins has definitely been intimidated

Made contact with Lieswell demanding a meeting and interviews with Alex Thomson on C4 re the child abuse at CBC & CFC

Then disappeared

If an MSP has been threatened and scared off it shows the courage and conviction of people like Gordon Woods, Michelle Gray, BN94, Spotlight and yourself and all the others trying to out these beasts and paedo protectors

Tomkins as a serving MSP should have been right onto the Police and got them involved if he’s been threatened and it looks highly likely he has been

I have to say Div, that is something I’ve wondered mate.

He was all high profile & in the news but then he was just nowhere.

You just can’t rule this out with their behaviour.

If they would threaten Michelle & her mum, then I guess a Rangers fan like Tomkins is fair game.

U no in all this this snp gov have cause even more hurt bywitchi can only diacri

U no when u sit down and for a moment just think of all the hurt caused in this by this so called football club and the vermin who worked for them for me the single worsed action other than the abuse they suffered Is by far been caused by this nationalist gov there total failure to deal with it shows what we all no that keeping there core support on board Ia far more importen to them than any young boys life its all been abided by the so called justice minister who is as guilty as All the beasts who perpetrated these acts and we should be telling everyone

The political classes in this country sick to say it but they have this disgusting behavior and also no how the snp have ignored what has came to light and a justice minister who has done nothing except dance around the issue. So not to upset there core vote the other party's seem to sit on there hands they should be nailing sturgeon in what they have failed to do but nothing or very little and why. not in Edinburgh or London

There was a Scottish MP that stated he knew of the abuse but did not realise just how bad the abuse was. Think of that for a minute an adult in a fairly powerful position knew of children being abused but did not realise how bad it actually was. Any media outlet worth their salt would ask how bad did the abuse need to be this was children, children that just wanted to chase their dreams of becoming a professional footballer. The media in this country are a disgrace and that statement from an MP is nothing short of disgraceful.
His own child was there when he knew about it, just not how bad! That's what the guys are up against here.

Absolutely atrocious what happened to those children BN94 , the parents will never forgive themselves for trusting those filthy despicable beasts . Hopefully the young victims will not realise what happened to them . The sentences handed out to those depraved animals are nothing other than a joke and a Law should be passed that anyone found guilty of such acts should be subjected to chemical castration . If i had my way it would be carried out with a scalpel and a red hot poker but then I suppose i am being too lenient at that :mad:F@%$&^%$% Animals !!! .

Last edited:
F&ck me it is horrifying to think that is happening somewhere right now. As a dad I always identify with the poor fathers when hearing about them giving evidence or appealing for witnesses at a police press conference. My brain can “almost” imagine the torture they are going through and it brings tears to my eyes,
I am fortunate to have 3 happy healthy (now adult) kids.
I’ve always considered myself resilient and determined but I really don’t think I could cope with living if I had to deal with anything like this.

If they would threaten Michelle & her mum, then I guess a Rangers fan like Tomkins is fair game.
I also remember Tomkins being very vocal and thought we had someone willing to take up the case for the victims,then silence.
I would hazard a guess he was got at somehow,let's not forget apart from the unwashed hordes who attack on mass but also their friends in very high places,which is obvious to anyone who looks at this scandal.
I'm not defending his in action now GY but thinking there has to be a reason for it.
Any way I like to thank all you guys for your efforts and unbelievable work in highlighting this scandal every now and then,even though you never ask for any plaudits.
Thanks guys,your truly a credit to yourselves and our support.

I also remember Tomkins being very vocal and thought we had someone willing to take up the case for the victims,then silence.
I would hazard a guess he was got at somehow,let's not forget apart from the unwashed hordes who attack on mass but also their friends in very high places,which is obvious to anyone who looks at this scandal.
I'm not defending his in action now GY but thinking there has to be a reason for it.
Any way I like to thank all you guys for your efforts and unbelievable work in highlighting this scandal every now and then,even though you never ask for any plaudits.
Thanks guys,your truly a credit to yourselves and our support.

Thanks BPF.

I’ve been receiving a lot of messages reference The Guardian article so I’ll reply to all on here.
Spotlight had no involvement whatsoever with The Guardian and never has done. The reason for this is there was absolutely no need for us to be involved. The victims and families as you have seen are more than capable of dealing with this.
Spotlight was set up to uncover the truth of what happened at that club. Some on the other side have accused us of point scoring, but nothing could be further from the truth, and I think from what everyone has seen from Spotlight then you will see this is the case.
Spotlight will assist anyone that wants to get to the truth. This has been our purpose from day one and will continue to be so. Now of course we will assist survivors and families in any way we can, but our aim is to find the perpetrators, enablers and apologists and hand our information to the appropriate people.
We also hold information that is not yet in the public domain. The simple reason for this is we cannot and will not jeopardise any upcoming court cases.

Last edited:
The disappearance from the front line of Adam Tomkins has been a huge disappointment. I suspect it says an awful lot about how the cover-up has been and continues to be managed.
Hopefully I am off the mark, but It sort of points to Mr Tomkins being compromised in some way, and him being unable to pursue it now due to selfish reasons.

I may be wrong in my suppositions, but its hard to come to any other conclusions unfortunately.

100% GY

He was very vocal and asking serious questions of Lieswell

Then silence from him

Shows you how far they will go to silence people

They are paedo harbouring scum bastards

I hope the 21 victims in the civil case get a victory when it makes the court and I hope Beast FC get hit with a Hugh compensation claim

Kim Leslie has already won a court case against Beast FC in Edinburgh as you have already highlighted

I hope they are publicly ridiculed for their “separate entity” sham and their name is sullied as a football club who hid paedos for 50 years

100% GY

He was very vocal and asking serious questions of Lieswell

Then silence from him

Shows you how far they will go to silence people

They are paedo harbouring scum bastards

I hope the 21 victims in the civil case get a victory when it makes the court and I hope Beast FC get hit with a Hugh compensation claim

Kim Leslie has already won a court case against Beast FC in Edinburgh as you have already highlighted

I hope they are publicly ridiculed for their “separate entity” sham and their name is sullied as a football club who hid paedos for 50 years

Exactly mate, they have no depths they won’t go to, as a club or a community.

That court case with Kim Leslie related to McCafferty, so we think that this separate entity stuff must be their defence for Cairney & Torbett cases, because the precedent is there for McCafferty.

Exactly mate, they have no depths they won’t go to, as a club or a community.

That court case with Kim Leslie related to McCafferty, so we think that this separate entity stuff must be their defence for Cairney & Torbett cases, because the precedent is there for McCafferty.
As McGlone put it they are a culture - a culture you find in a petri dish or between your toes.

Gordon rightfully seeming more upbeat today.

Sounds promising from Gordon .

Hopefully I am off the mark, but It sort of points to Mr Tomkins being compromised in some way, and him being unable to pursue it now due to selfish reasons.

I may be wrong in my suppositions, but its hard to come to any other conclusions unfortunately.
Maybe ill heath , maybe threats to family , who can say for sure at the moment but it is very disappointing whatever the reason .

Back